ForumsPopular MediaFavorite Video Game Music

41 15462
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I believe that everyone reading this has most likely played a video game at some point in his/her lifetime. A very integral part of the video game experience nowadays is the music and songs that are incorporated into the game play. The way it is implemented into the games can sometimes make or break a cut scene or a boss battle. I'd like for this thread to be used for the discussion of our favorite video game song tracks. If there's ever been a video game song that you can youtube and have it send shivers down your spine after having not played the actual game for a long time, then share it here!

I have one with which I'd like to start off the thread. It's a track from the game Shadow of the Colossus. It's entitled "The Opened Way." I haven't played the game for years, but hearing this song brings me back mentally to epic battles against giant behemoths. It's actually a really good musical piece in itself. If anyone else would happen to know of anything similar to that, then I'd be most grateful if you'd tell me about it.

http://www.themoderndaypirates.com/pirates/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Shadow_of_the_colossus.jpg (courtesy of a google image search... I doubt the person who I got it from actually owned it, but there's a signature on there so I'm assuming it belongs to that person)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbOnvj9wZKc

The next song is a fan made song for SotC. It's title is "Wander on the Offensive." It's a lot different from the normal SotC musical pieces, but I think it's been done really well. I think the video has a link to the owners of the song... along with a free owner endorsed download if you happen to like it. I really enjoy the violin or whatever instrument they used to fake the violin in this piece. If anyone happens to know of any other songs that incorporate similar instrumental work (the violin!!! ;D) I'd be grateful for that too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ha320edRi8

I have more songs that I really enjoy that I'll gladly share if this thread gets off the ground.

• 41 Replies
NarutoAwesomeness28
NarutoAwesomeness28
187 posts
Nomad

All the music from the Halo games. It makes the game more..awesome.

greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

Father and Son from Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots.This track is my most favorite in video game history,it is so well made and just beautiful to listen to.Listen to it yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Pu92St5O0

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

One of my favorites comes from Bastion. Spike in a Rail
The end song from Portal is also very good. Still Alive

Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

I like he hardest game tune... its an indie game that you can play on x-box

V1nn13
V1nn13
34 posts
Shepherd

Realm Of The Mad God soundtrack

phsyco123
phsyco123
64 posts
Nomad

i love thew super smashbros brawl music i can even sing the oprah

CheapCheep
CheapCheep
240 posts
Nomad

I like Legend of Zelda music. The dungon theme's I find myself loving the most. Some other music would be...Halo, Skyrim, and Modern Warfare 3.

ph3n0m0n4l
ph3n0m0n4l
3 posts
Nomad

I love the music that comes on when you fight chuck greene in dead rising 2 off the record it makes the cutscene look ******.

joeyman2
joeyman2
65 posts
Peasant

Any Legend of Zelda music is awesome

AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

The soundtrack for madden NFL 2004 or NBA 2k12 are my favorites because for madden they took popular songs like NEVER SCARED by Bone Crusher and had It remixed with football lyrics and it's pretty cool. Also it has All Round the Globe and alike don't know who sings it. Also, for 2k12 the have Metta World Peace do a rap with Snoop Dogg I think and it's awesome

gunsofliberty
gunsofliberty
27 posts
Nomad

How about the Minecraft music? It's not very... dynamical, but it's enjoyable, and you can sing along with it :P

Also the gameplay music for the Metal Gear Solid Series.

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

I think the opening theme for Halo 3 is the most memorable for me.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

All the music in Black Ops is good (Campaign & Zombies) and special mention is the electronic music in The Underdone Map pack for Borderlands.

Metallica137
Metallica137
120 posts
Nomad

Skyrim and Legend of Zelda.

sgtrosenberg
sgtrosenberg
12 posts
Nomad

Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas oldies were the best. It would seem so right killing a Deathclaw to Dean Martin or the Ink Spots. It just.
FELT GOOD.

Showing 16-30 of 41