ForumsSupport ForumPoints for suggestions

20 4498
RaiderDawg
RaiderDawg
158 posts
Nomad

There should be a point reward if a member gives a REALLY GOOD suggestion, and the site actually uses it.

I say, a 50 point reward?

• 20 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

hmm this is a great idea
but theres something catchy about it i cant find........

Avrilicious
Avrilicious
525 posts
Peasant

I don't really like this idea because there might be repeats of topics and it could also cause alot of spam!

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

I disagree with you, as as Avril said, there could be lots of spam. Also this site is young and there are a lot of improvements so people may actually suggest them and they would get 50 points. Besides, I think 50 points is a little too much. So, I think it should stay where it is right now.

Yes, I agree with you mrtim, there are a lot of suggestions still to be done, so a lot of people would just get random points, also, many people repeat other peoples suggestions a lot, and it would be REALLY REALLY hard to try to find out who originally suggested it. And also, yes, it could make a lot of arguments over who's it was, along with spam, so I don't think it would work. =D
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Point greed taken to a new level!

Ever thought about contributing to the site in exchange for its greatness?

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

^Yes, all the time. Im tired of people wanting all the points. Just have fun. Greed leads to a members fail.

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

i dont know if its a NEW level, but it is definitely a new spin.

personally i still think we should get AP for every time we use the letter "M"

that Might Motivate More traffic to arMor gaMes.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Haha, well we won't be having that!

What Arax said kind of relates to another thread awhile back. Someone said that mods should get paid in AP. Isn't it enough that you actually earned modship? I think helping is just showing that you are willing to help and be nice which overall makes the site better.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Points for suggestions? Alright, you will be rewarded 1 Armor Point for your suggestion.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Haha, yes! I get the first suggestion point! Do I get another?

And to add to what I said, it also shows maturity which gets you respect around the site.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Alright! One more AP for you ;-) And another for me while I am at it!

But as far as the topic goes... a lot of the same suggestions are brought up more than once. Plus, it seems silly to get more points for a suggestion than for submitting a game.

Sodas
Sodas
313 posts
Nomad

Will I thinkthis would be a good idea but maybe down to 10AP or even 5AP?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Well, the point is that people should be making suggestions because they want to better the site and the community. If users are just looking for points, they should go try to earn a merit. The suggestions that are posted here are out of the goodness of the users heart. Not in the pursuit of points. Or at least that is why I would hope that people would be proposing suggestions.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Yea Carlie is right!Why would we get AP for helping the site a bit you might get good credit for it but definly not AP still this was a good enough suggestion.

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

Well, the point is that people should be making suggestions because they want to better the site and the community. If users are just looking for points, they should go try to earn a merit. The suggestions that are posted here are out of the goodness of the users heart. Not in the pursuit of points. Or at least that is why I would hope that people would be proposing suggestions.

Well said Carlie, and I completely agree, you shouldn't just be on this site to get points, and be the best! You should try to make friends and respect other people, if all you care about is getting a bunch of points, then I'm not sure this is the site for you. If you like clicking your mouse a lot, and having that make you feel accomplished, you may want to try This Game. =)
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I think the best reward is that fellow peers in the community will look better on the user making good suggestions. Everyone loves a good suggestion!

Showing 1-15 of 20