ForumsGamesSaddest game or moment in a game

215 56505
greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

Mine was probably Metal Gear Solid 4.The ENTIRE game is sad.But if i had to choose a specific moment,it would definently be the ending *sniff* it had me in tears.Whats the saddest moment you've seen in a game?Whats the saddest game you've played?

• 215 Replies
gdywataka
gdywataka
82 posts
Duke

When ely die in Hl2...
It was sad but i laugh a lot, really don't know why...

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

SPOILER ALERT

Sleeping Dogs is a classic tragic undercover cop story, so naturally the most sympathetic character in the game, your dorky ineffectual best friend and the only one with half a conscience, narrowly survives being buried alive and then is shortly after you rescue him, is brutally murdered as a way to lure you into a trap so you can be tortured and meet a similar fate. After surviving that, you go on a massive rampage of vengeance and destroy your enemies in the most horrendously gruesome of manners. It's powerful stuff.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Skyward Sword: SPOILERS Yes the new and exciting game of Zelda actually has a sad part. Its the end when you finally defeat the last boss. Apparantly when you're done with your battle, your partner Fi, the really annoying one saying obvious things at every turn, you actually have to give her up. And what I mean by that, is that you put the sword in a pedistal and Fi is gone for good.

But this also gave a hint that a possible sequal to this might come out.

Super Mario Galaxy: SPOILERS Yes the game was actually pretty emotional at the end. Just like Skyward Sword, you have to give up your partner(except your partner on SMG kind've dies) you have to give up your partner because your partner has to stop an explosion from destroying the whole world.

Zelda Phantom Hourglass: SPOILER Again the end is the sad part. When you finish the last boss. You find out that you're in a different world. And you get teleported back to your own world in the process. Which means all of your friends will never see you again.

I have more but I think that's enough for now.

skunk940
skunk940
21 posts
Peasant

Has anyone here played the Playstation 2 - PS2 - game Call of Duty 2: Big Red One?

Honestly, that game is very emotional

I agree right here. Red Dead Redemption ending is laso very sad.
Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

Sleeping Dogs is a classic tragic undercover cop story, so naturally the most sympathetic character in the game, your dorky ineffectual best friend and the only one with half a conscience, narrowly survives being buried alive and then is shortly after you rescue him, is brutally murdered as a way to lure you into a trap so you can be tortured and meet a similar fate. After surviving that, you go on a massive rampage of vengeance and destroy your enemies in the most horrendously gruesome of manners. It's powerful stuff.

I agree, the last couple of missions felt amazing. The suddenness of the entire thing, as well as the fact that you've gone through entire game actually caring about these characters.

The only thing that felt odd was the ending after the final mission, it felt too happy. The entire thing seems resolved, they aren't going after Wei anymore, you've taken your revenge on both sides, Raymond is backing you up, and Wei is generally unfazed by the end of it.
GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

all you guys and your big violent games.. lol.
When I was playing a much less violent game, Okamiden (for DS)
Spoilers
At the end, one of the characters who you partner with (you have various partners throughout the game) dies (his name is Kurow). In his death scene, the other character you have partnered with are bidding him goodbyes and how he was so brave and stuff (he sacrificed himself to same all of reality. You have to kill him because he was created to be a vessel for a hostile entity)
It was very saddening and paired with the music, I teared a bit. Although I laughed that I was crying for a fictional character in a game.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

When you see your horse fall off the collapsing bridge in Shadow of the Collosus, right before you fight the 16th Collosus.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Kat in Halo: Reach. Not sad in as much as me not expecting it at all.

koolkylekool
koolkylekool
247 posts
Nomad

End of Halo: Reach was horrible, because you knew what was coming.

Also, the last moment with your Romance in Mass Effect 3. Hearing Tali tell me, "Come back to me" choked me up.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

For me, probably in Dishonored when a plague victim pulls his dying friend out of a dumping ditch, and the conversation they have as the weaker one dies. I found it quite sad, but I haven't played many games that could have sad moments.

Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

For me, it was in te game Heavy Rain. Jason, this 10 year old kid on his birthday got hit by a car =(

Juanprito
Juanprito
105 posts
Nomad

I'd say when Ghost died in MW2, he was my favorite character so it was pretty shocking at the beggining. Mason in BO2 was pretty sad too.

yourawesomeness
yourawesomeness
103 posts
Peasant

I'd say when Ghost died in MW2, he was my favorite character so it was pretty shocking at the beginning. Mason in BO2 was pretty sad too.

I agree. also when Mactavish died. I flashed back to that scene from MW 2 when he saved you from falling down the iceberg an you're looking up at him.
Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

In paper mario sticker star when Kersti becomes a sticker and then she dies to help mario.

Sorry for bad grammar.

theni
theni
34 posts
Shepherd

tie between:
kingdom hearts 385/2 when roxas walks away from axle and axle is all sad and says that he would miss him (sounds lame, but it just rips at your gut if you play through the storyline)
Or... FFX at the end when tidus realizes that to save to world and the girl he loves he has to stop existing, and as he walks away and starts to dissipate yuna tries to grab him and she passes strait through him.

Showing 166-180 of 215