Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Saddest game or moment in a game

Posted Feb 25, '13 at 6:10pm

Ningakilla

Ningakilla

80 posts

The end of Gears 3. All of Gears 3. Dom and Marcus' dad both die, and Epic Games made you love Dom from the moment he was first introduced.

Honestly I cried when Dom died.

Posted Feb 25, '13 at 7:38pm

Roger721

Roger721

614 posts

Hey guys.

Well, I guess I don't play a lot of sad games, as the deaths below are the saddest I can recall by now.

Has anyone here played the Playstation 2 - PS2 - game Call of Duty 2: Big Red One?

Honestly, that game is very emotional - at least it was for me. Not as emotional as Ghost's death in MW2, but it really was. Mission after mission you...

~spoilers maybe~

... saw most people from your squad perish from Axis fire. The cutscenes and dialogues showed friendship growing between you and those soldiers. And many of them didn't made to the final of the war. The most unexpected death was probably the one of Denley - shot by a Nazi through a door - and the humorous Bloomfield - violently blown up by an enemy mortar.

Another depressing deaths for the CoD fans are:

- Dimitri Petrenko's death in Black Ops. You end World at War's Russian Campaign and see: "Hey! Our soldier lived!", but then he gets killed by Nova gas in Black Ops' nostalgic mission. That darn Nazi scientist.

- Harper's death in Black Ops II. For the sake of the good ending, you must probably end Harper's life, but that doesn't make it sound like a good thing. He helped you all the way through the game and, specially, through the "Achilles' Veil", telling he "would get you out of there". But then Menendez dares you - Farid - to kill him! How I wished Farid and Harper could both live - as killing off the main character's partner is not a good thing to do. And the most baffling fact is that if you think about it, if Farid had taken a little more to shoot Harper, the VTOLs would've arrived, making Menendez run and not forcing Farid to shoot Harper... Too bad that can't happen...

Luis' and Mike's [the chopper pilot Leon met in the Island] deaths in Resident Evil 4 are also astounding:

Luis was this close of getting free of Saddler's plan and then that monster stabs him through the chest.

And Mike was not supposed to die! He saw Leon needed some help with those ganados in the island and promptly helped him! But there was Saddler and that infamous ganado with an RPG.

~sigh~ Why can't they... make the good characters... live?

Posted Mar 1, '13 at 1:49am

keeton52

keeton52

935 posts

I just finished The Walking Dead.  I cried...  It's rough.

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 9:09pm

JiggerHaggis

JiggerHaggis

5 posts

I'd say basically everything in MGS4.

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 11:30pm

gdywataka

gdywataka

75 posts

When ely die in Hl2...
It was sad but i laugh a lot, really don't know why...

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 12:05am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

SPOILER ALERT

Sleeping Dogs is a classic tragic undercover cop story, so naturally the most sympathetic character in the game, your dorky ineffectual best friend and the only one with half a conscience, narrowly survives being buried alive and then is shortly after you rescue him, is brutally murdered as a way to lure you into a trap so you can be tortured and meet a similar fate. After surviving that, you go on a massive rampage of vengeance and destroy your enemies in the most horrendously gruesome of manners. It's powerful stuff.

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 12:17am

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,110 posts

Skyward Sword: SPOILERS Yes the new and exciting game of Zelda actually has a sad part. Its the end when you finally defeat the last boss. Apparantly when you're done with your battle, your partner Fi, the really annoying one saying obvious things at every turn, you actually have to give her up. And what I mean by that, is that you put the sword in a pedistal and Fi is gone for good.

But this also gave a hint that a possible sequal to this might come out.

Super Mario Galaxy: SPOILERS Yes the game was actually pretty emotional at the end. Just like Skyward Sword, you have to give up your partner(except your partner on SMG kind've dies) you have to give up your partner because your partner has to stop an explosion from destroying the whole world.

Zelda Phantom Hourglass: SPOILER Again the end is the sad part. When you finish the last boss. You find out that you're in a different world. And you get teleported back to your own world in the process. Which means all of your friends will never see you again.

I have more but I think that's enough for now.

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 3:54pm

skunk940

skunk940

20 posts

Has anyone here played the Playstation 2 - PS2 - game Call of Duty 2: Big Red One?

Honestly, that game is very emotional

I agree right here. Red Dead Redemption ending is laso very sad.

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 7:54pm

Vagueshade

Vagueshade

84 posts

Sleeping Dogs is a classic tragic undercover cop story, so naturally the most sympathetic character in the game, your dorky ineffectual best friend and the only one with half a conscience, narrowly survives being buried alive and then is shortly after you rescue him, is brutally murdered as a way to lure you into a trap so you can be tortured and meet a similar fate. After surviving that, you go on a massive rampage of vengeance and destroy your enemies in the most horrendously gruesome of manners. It's powerful stuff.

I agree, the last couple of missions felt amazing. The suddenness of the entire thing, as well as the fact that you've gone through entire game actually caring about these characters.

The only thing that felt odd was the ending after the final mission, it felt too happy. The entire thing seems resolved, they aren't going after Wei anymore, you've taken your revenge on both sides, Raymond is backing you up, and Wei is generally unfazed by the end of it.

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 8:18pm

GhostOfMetal

GhostOfMetal

597 posts

all you guys and your big violent games.. lol.
When I was playing a much less violent game, Okamiden (for DS)
Spoilers
At the end, one of the characters who you partner with (you have various partners throughout the game) dies (his name is Kurow). In his death scene, the other character you have partnered with are bidding him goodbyes and how he was so brave and stuff (he sacrificed himself to same all of reality. You have to kill him because he was created to be a vessel for a hostile entity)
It was very saddening and paired with the music, I teared a bit. Although I laughed that I was crying for a fictional character in a game.

Reply to Saddest game or moment in a game

You must be logged in to post a reply!