ForumsGamesSaddest game or moment in a game

215 56534
greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

Mine was probably Metal Gear Solid 4.The ENTIRE game is sad.But if i had to choose a specific moment,it would definently be the ending *sniff* it had me in tears.Whats the saddest moment you've seen in a game?Whats the saddest game you've played?

• 215 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i think for me it was the end of kingdom hearts days.

SPOILERS!!!
i mean, disapearing is one thing but forgeting the person ever existed? that really got me

numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

for me it was when grayfox in msg1 is dying and makes that wonderful speech whilst he is being crushed by liquid, so epic.

LordofAges
LordofAges
21 posts
Shepherd

Hmmm...there's definitely a few I can think of here. Er, spoiler for about all of 'em.

Towards the ending of Halo 3, where both Miranda Keyes and Sgt. Johnson die...

I agree with thebluerabbit

End of Jack 3, where Jack finds out Damas was his father right before he dies.

Uh, I thought the end of Halo: Reach was also rather depressing.

phycticpotato
phycticpotato
132 posts
Nomad

The ending of Left for Dead felt real to me (since I get into games). I thought I would cry, until I remembered that it was a game.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

*SPOILER ALERT*

The saddest moment for me would have to be in Gears of War 3 when I found out that CARMINE DIDN'T DIE!!! ((((((

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

When John Marston died. I actually choked up.

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

Splinter Cell Conviction:

OMG that ending was so sad I literally started crying! I hardly remember it because i haven't played the game in a while, but I remember it was sad as HECK!!!

Mortal Kombat:

WHY!!!!?????? EVERYBODY BUT AN OLD HAIRY ASAIN!!!!! WHY!!!!?????? plus some hot chicks died...

Portal 2:

Not all that much sad, but maybe emotional in EVERY way. Maybe not to you but i really got to me.

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

*it really got to me

Titan106
Titan106
24 posts
Peasant

When Mctavish dies in MW3

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

I've not played Metal Gear Solid 4 but I did see the ending.
Oh man, was that a brilliant ending. The music is astonishing to say the least -- the fight scenes compel you to keep an eye and the seagulls in the backgrou--
Incase you didn't realize, of course there's spoilers.
The seagulls in the background led to this moment of peace and solitude from the rest of humanity -- being as there's only two people in the scene that makes sense. It was almost nostalgic, being someone who vaguely recollects a mission no Splinter Cell, in a location similar to that, with a familiar aesthetic.

Saddest? I prefer not picking a single choice. Amnesia, if you're well immersed in it (as you should be) has a cruel ending (depending which one you pick), Metal Gear Solid 4 is up there, especially when the music kicks in at around 2:48. That is sheer will.

Too bad it's only "saddest", I would prefer ones that have the most impact. . . then I could bring up Starcraft II (and I would link it but nevermind).

Actually, Halo: Reach was quite touching. I can't remember who the guy was but he ended up being impaled by an energy sword and still continued fighting (if only for a few moments after). You end up alone with the aliens and proceed to fight to the death. One thing I think is great for a campaign is that kind of thing -- because too often you need to fulfill the objective whilst staying alive. A good campaign could do well in relying on people being immersed and actually trying to fulfill something, if only to shoot some of them.

- H

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

Wait! I can't believe I'm the first one to say this but does anybody remember when Aerith dies in Final Fantasy VII? C'mon! Im seriously the first one to say this!

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
532 posts
Peasant

When John Marston died. I actually choked up.

This.
The death angered me so much, I just wanted to become part of the game and rip those government idiots' heads off.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

god MGS4 had A LOT of sad parts. like when raidon blocked the boat. or the end scene. or in other games from the MGS saga where you found out rose didnt even exist and all that crap.

The theatrics in the metal gear solid saga are so **** good. this is why i say MGS4 is not only the greatest game of all time, but MGS in general is the greatest game saga of all time. its perfect in every way.

another scene were the two different endings that could happen in Infamous 2.

evil ending

Good Ending

i find the evil ending much more sad. im not going to lie i cried.

then of course there are a few kingdom hearts moments that make me cry.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Wait! I can't believe I'm the first one to say this but does anybody remember when Aerith dies in Final Fantasy VII? C'mon! Im seriously the first one to say this!

i thought about this. still i think what hapened in the end of kingdom hearts on the ds was sadder
numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

in all fairness everyone knows about that so it's pointless referring to it but there are other games that have had sadder moments , i would mention them all but i haven't played all games out there
Showing 1-15 of 215