ForumsGamesSaddest game or moment in a game

215 56567
greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

Mine was probably Metal Gear Solid 4.The ENTIRE game is sad.But if i had to choose a specific moment,it would definently be the ending *sniff* it had me in tears.Whats the saddest moment you've seen in a game?Whats the saddest game you've played?

• 215 Replies
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

When the Joker died in Batman : Arkham City.
Always loved him, especially in the comics and I have to say, he is my favorite Villian.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Shadow of the Colossus

The way that most colossi aren't aggressive and seemingly just want to be peaceful until you, doing what is seemingly good but seems evil to them (and is ultimately evil), come along and unjustly kill them. Then..as they die...it is a slow and pathetic (pathetic in the term of saddening) death.

As you are killing these creatures...the actions you are making become evident on you as your skin becomes paler, hair darker, and small horns protruding from your head. When you are finally done, the group of warriors pursuing you find you and believe you to be possessed and try to kill you..your final action, before they slay you and you receive a death similar to the colossi, is to reach your love..to be by her again.

It is then, after your death, that your love is brought back to life...but she is now secluded from the rest of the world due to the bridges destruction. You see her...and then, limping to her, you see your horse. The same horse that had sacrificed itself to save you. They find a baby with small horns on its head. A baby that is hope..hope that the Wanderer will be able to atone for his action
matrixdiscoking
matrixdiscoking
130 posts
Nomad

When the Joker died in Batman : Arkham City.

yeah that was said when batman came out of the theater carrying him but i have to go with halo reach when everyone on noble team but Jun died
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Oh Cortana, why did you have to go? It was an amazing journey from sacrificing myself for you in Reach, to your natural humor alongside Master Chief. You will be missed.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

*spoilers" (?)
Masons semi-death.
Roach and Ghost.
Soap.
Yes, f*ck you, I like my CoD.

starkillers death from Force Unleashed 1 was also very sad. I honestly teared up. Then I realized they were making a sequel and got happy on the inside. So I played the sequel and cried because it didnt live up to the first one.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Usually when any game ends for me.

Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

Heavy Rain would be up there, mostly as it's dealing with all those themes you wouldn't see in a typical game these days.

And ...But that was [Yesterday] was even better in displaying emotion, even though it was just a flash game that had little narrative.

Wait, scratch that last one. Anything Michael Molinari creates is good at displaying emotion, even though they're only flash games.

bob5442
bob5442
35 posts
Blacksmith

In T.l.o.z twilight princess When Zelda gives Midna the Triforce mixed emotions about that

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

SPOILER! Black ops 2, when you find out that you've killed Mason.

Elorfindel
Elorfindel
1 posts
Nomad

When Connor's mother dies on Assassin's Creed 3. Couldn't stop sobbing.

BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

either when soap dies in MW3 or when master chief dies in halo 3. god bless their beloved souls

JuiceyBox
JuiceyBox
129 posts
Peasant

either when soap dies in MW3 or when master chief dies in halo 3. god bless their beloved souls

... The Chief is alive.

Whenever a Spartan dies in Halo Reach. That's sad. Halo 3 and Mass Effect 2 and 3 is also packed with sad moments.
itman2
itman2
37 posts
Jester

when i found out that all the previous battles on raze 2 alien campaign where distractions and in other words stalkers.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Dom dying in Gears of War 3. Or bloodwing dying in Borderlands 2. But that's only because I was overly-attached to bloodwing from the first game.

JackMinnow
JackMinnow
29 posts
Blacksmith

When I realized the cake was a lie. >.

Showing 136-150 of 215