Forums

ForumsForum Games

The Rebirthlings

Posted Feb 21, '12 at 4:17pm

KatPryde

KatPryde

332 posts

This RPG takes place in a fictional world, specifically in the kingdom of Cynlond. In this world, certain people are selected by the Elements, and as a result these people have the ability (to put it simply) to control mentally that Element that is willing to bend to and work with the person's will. You are one of those people.

Usually, these selections are fairly uncommon, though not unheard-of. What is rare, though, is a Rebirth. After a period of time, the Element may take its selection and remake him or her. The person is the same inside, mind and heart and memories; but all connections to humanity, except for the overall form of the physical body, are lost. The Rebirthling's Elemental powers are not only more powerful but are also automatic and thoughtless, as if the Element has become a natural extension of the body (or it could be said that the body has become a natural extension of the Element). These Rebirths normally take place only once a generation.

However, events are now taking place in Cynlond that will throw "normal" out the window. Will you and your powers rise to the occasion and save Cynlond from devastation? Or will you aid the entire destruction of the entire land?

Character sheet

Name: [self-evident]
Personality: [see below]
Biography: [optional, but it would help me decide where to place your character within Cynlond :3 If you do make one, try to make it original]
------------
Physical description: [be as detailed as you like; this will be subject to change(i.e., mine) over the course of the game]
Location: [I will decide where you start the game; your location will of course change over the course of the game as you move about the kingdom]
------------
Elemental bent: [see below]
Level: 1
Experience: 0/25
Health: 100/100
Energy: 100/100 ["Energy" refers solely to Elemental energy. Using your powers will steadily deplete your Energy; not using them will steadily recover Energy.]

The Elements And Their Associated Personality Traits

Each Element chooses people based on their personality. You could say that each Element "prefers" certain traits.

In creating your character, choose five traits and list them in the appropriate place in the sheet. You cannot mix and match traits. If you want Water, choose only traits listed for Water, not three from Water and two from Air.

Please adhere to your character's traits when performing actions or interacting with others. If you attempt to do something that is obviously contradictory to one or more of the traits, I will not allow it.

Your character's personality will not be limited to the five traits you choose below. You are free to determine other aspects of your character; you just don't need to list them.

As a sidenote, I am aware that some of the traits that are listed under a single Element are contradictory and incompatible. (For example, Water: Stubborn and Yielding.) Please, do not choose incompatible traits. Or, if you do, provide a reasoned explanation (...and don't say "My character is bipolar!"). I may or may not accept it.

Water (water, ice, snow, mist/fog)
Bubbly; Calm; Cold; Emotionally fragile; (choose one: easily/sometimes/rarely) Moved to pity; Self-centered; Slow to anger but long-lasting; Stubborn; Yielding

Fire
Capricious; Derives pleasure from others' pain; Enthusiastic; Greedy; Helpful; Impatient; Independent to a fault; Pompous; Warm; Vengeful

Earth
Ambitious; Caring; Contented; Controlling; Deceptive; Forbidding; Manipulative; Resilient; Steadfast; Tolerant

Air
Aloof; Callous; Cheeky; Dense; Gentle; Observant; Overbearing; Thoughtful; Willful; Wise

Lightning (in other words, Electricity, but Cynlond has no knowledge of electricity)
Brusque; Daring; Energetic; Gregarious; Impulsive; Insightful; Menacing; Restless; Wanton; Quick to anger but short-lived

A few other notes....

This RPG will have player interactions. (And, actually, I believe the ultimate plot culmination will require all players either to work together...or to fight each other to the death.) However, you will all initially be scattered across Cynlond (Cynlond is quite big), so you'll have to find each other first. ;)

If you do find another player, you will not need me to talk. Players will conduct conversations with each other directly. So, I won't need to make posts that only copy&paste one character's verbal reply to another. If there's an action (along with conversation) in your post, I'll reply to the action only and not the conversation (unless someone's contradicting his/her traits...).

If you are conversing with another player(s), and if the other player(s) do not reply within 24 hours, I'll reply for the absent player(s) as best as I can, according to the personality traits, just for the sake of keeping the game moving.

There will not be a limit to how many people can play this. If you die, you're dead. There is no restarting.

Posted Feb 21, '12 at 4:28pm

Fixter

Fixter

431 posts

Name: Kiba
Personality: Brusque; Daring; Energetic; Gregarious; Impulsive; Insightful; Menacing; Restless; Wanton; Quick to anger but short-lived
Biography:
------------
Physical description: 6,6 ft, or 1,85 meters high, green eyes, short brown hair, slim.
Location: [I will decide where you start the game; your location will of course change over the course of the game as you move about the kingdom]
------------
Elemental bent: Lightning
Energy: 100/100 ["Energy" refers solely to Elemental energy. Using your powers will steadily deplete your Energy; not using them will steadily recover Energy.]

Posted Feb 21, '12 at 4:40pm

KatPryde

KatPryde

332 posts

Personality: Brusque; Daring; Energetic; Gregarious; Impulsive; Insightful; Menacing; Restless; Wanton; Quick to anger but short-lived
Biography:
------------
Physical description: 6.6 ft, or 1.85 meters high, green eyes, short brown hair, slim.
------------
Energy: 100/100

Thank you for playing. What is your gender? And, you're only supposed to choose five traits, not ten. If you want Lightning, then choose five of those traits that are under Lightning.

Posted Feb 21, '12 at 4:51pm

Legion1350

Legion1350

5,649 posts

Name: Aleister Pike
Personality: Capricious, impatient, independent to a fault, pompous, vengeful
Biography: Aleister was born to a warrior father and apothecary mother. He was raised in a large village, was taught as a swordsman by his father, and was sent to the best school. There, he paid no heed to the other students, constantly thinking himself better than them, and focused solely on his education. After he graduated, he took a path away from his education and began to intern as a blacksmith.
------------
Physical description: 6'3", thin, pale, short black hair, light green eyes.
Elemental bent: Fire

If there's no restart, I hope it's not too hard to die. :D

Posted Feb 21, '12 at 8:11pm

KatPryde

KatPryde

332 posts

Biography: Aleister was born to a warrior father and apothecary mother. He was raised in a large village, was taught as a swordsman by his father, and was sent to the best school. There, he paid no heed to the other students, constantly thinking himself better than them, and focused solely on his education. After he graduated, he took a path away from his education and began to intern as a blacksmith.
------------
Location: The village of Spimaz, ten miles north of the Citadel, the capital city of Cynlond
------------

"HEY, BOY!" The voice and the fist of Dillon, the master blacksmith, pounds on the door of your small bedroom. He flings open the door, blinding your groggy eyes with the morning sunlight. "I've a newly-made shield for you to deliver to the Citadel," he informs you. "It's waiting for you on the table by the back door. Hook up the donkey to the cart. And here," he tosses a small bag of coins onto your lap, "buy yourself some breakfast at the Citadel after you've delivered it." He then slams the door. You hear his heavy boots walk into the forge.

Posted Feb 21, '12 at 9:47pm

Legion1350

Legion1350

5,649 posts

------------
Location: The village of Spimaz, ten miles north of the Citadel, the capital city of Cynlond
------------

I take my time getting up and dressed, take the money, and go get the shield. I then go hook the donkey up to the cart, and start heading to the Citadel.

Posted Feb 22, '12 at 7:11am

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

4,900 posts

Name: Zack McAllistor
Personality: Insightful (i hope it means the same as empathetic), Helpful, Gentle, Caring, Resilient
Biography: he was born in a big village. after many lessons by his mom he bacame a doctor, but thanks to his father, a blacksmith and fighter, he knows how to make and use different weapons, but zack decided to become a doctor.
------------
Physical description: tall, athletic, black hair, red eyes
Elemental bent: earth

Posted Feb 22, '12 at 9:30am

Fixter

Fixter

431 posts

Personality: Daring; Energetic; Gregarious; Impulsive; Insightful
Biography:
------------
Physical description: 6.6 ft, or 1.85 meters high, green eyes, short brown hair, slim.
------------

Sorry, I forgot about the gender.

Posted Feb 22, '12 at 4:41pm

KatPryde

KatPryde

332 posts

------------
Location: Outside the village of Spimaz, eight miles north of the Citadel, the capital city of Cynlond
------------

Dillon leaves you alone while you dress and hook up the donkey to the cart. As you walk away with the donkey from the building, you happen to glance back, to see Dillon watching you with a disapproving frown.

The other residents of Spimaz are just now waking up. You can smell enticing scents drifting from open windows as you pass them: sizzling sausages and frying eggs.

The cobblestone highway which Spimaz straddles is empty at this time of the morning. You start heading south. After some minutes, you hear the thundering of hooves from ahead. A dappled horse appears on the horizon. Abruptly, it screams and topples over. The rider is thrown from the saddle, but he lands perfectly on his feet. He looks down at his horse. Then he sees you.

He approaches but doesn't speak. Actually...he doesn't even have a mouth. He looks like a living shadow. There's a sliver of a flash from the area where his eyes should be, as he surveys you and the donkey.

"Where...can I buy a...horse?" his non-existent mouth asks in a strange accent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Zack McAllistor
Personality: Insightful (i hope it means the same as empathetic), Helpful, Gentle, Caring, Resilient
Biography: he was born in a big village. after many lessons by his mom he bacame a doctor, but thanks to his father, a blacksmith and fighter, he knows how to make and use different weapons, but zack decided to become a doctor.
------------
Physical description: tall, athletic, black hair, red eyes
Elemental bent: earth

Thank you for playing, but you're not supposed to mix and match personality traits. Insightful is from Lightning; Helpful is from Fire; Gentle is from Air; Caring and Resilient are from Earth. If you want the Element, you should choose traits only from Earth.

And, Insightful doesn't mean the same as empathetic. Insightful means "perceptive". Empathetic (empathy) means "the intellectual identification with or vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

------------
Location: Small farm in the middle of the Farmlands, twenty miles from the village of Bene
------------

That's alright.

"Cold leftover porridge is a horrible breakfast!" your younger sister Bronagh complains.

Your mother rebukes her with a look. She turns to you with a sigh. "I've finished another load of baskets and blankets last night. They're waiting in the wagon, in front of the house, with Jack. The beans do need to be harvested...but, we need the money." She looks down at her own bowl of cold porridge and feebly nibbles at a spoonful. The bags under her eyes are darker than usual; she must've stayed awake all night crafting her wares. "When you're finished eating, take them to the village to sell," she murmurs.

Posted Feb 22, '12 at 4:49pm

Fixter

Fixter

431 posts

------------
Location: Small farm in the middle of the Farmlands, twenty miles from the village of Bene
------------

I will finish eating and then I will go to Jack.

Reply to The Rebirthlings

You must be logged in to post a reply!