ForumsGamesThings you hate in a game

189 30635
greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

Plain and simple.What do you hate in a game.

• 189 Replies
LordofAges
LordofAges
21 posts
Shepherd

Endless enemy spawning, like in the older COD games where enemies kept spawning until you passed a certain checkpoint.

I also hate games that force you through the introduction or tutorial even if you're playing it for the 3rd time or something.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Lag compensation in MW3. It is the most annoying thing in that game from my perspective. I get a ****ty connection most of the time because people I play with can't pay for decent Internet. With Skyrim (I play it on the PS3) it lags often since I've done so much in the game, probably because the save file is big. Also sometimes the dialog won't work, so I have to make sure I save it very often so I don't have to repeat a lot of stuff.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Endless enemy spawning, like in the older COD games where enemies kept spawning until you passed a certain checkpoint.

omfg I hated that!!! I felt like I had killed the entire Nazi army by the time I was done with a level.

also hate games that force you through the introduction

I have this thing where I have to watch the cut scenes of every game. So intro's and tutorials don't bother me much.

Spawning in MW3 because it always seems they spawn right on top of you, or you spawn on them, which isn't really fair. Games where the AI sucks *** and you pwn them all the time. Examples being: Most racing games, Battlefront 2...come to think of it, most star wars AI opponents and allies suck. >.> Hopefully Fall and Battlefront 3 will be better. I am done for now. I'll be back if I have another video game peeve.
midnight
midnight
13 posts
Nomad

When you cant skip the beginning cinematic sequence. Or any cutscenes there after! WTF I HAZ PLAYED YOU ALREADY SKKKIIIIPP!
Then i usually just put down the controller and glare menacingly at the TV

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

i hate games that are just completley unrealistic, biggest pet peeve of gaming

You mean pretty much every game ever? Seriously, name 10 realistic games.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

*not including sports games

macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

Limited ammo. Ya, I may be weird, but I like unlimited ammo.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,774 posts
Chamberlain

i like call of duty the campaigns are good but what i don't like that you don't have any real choice as to where you go like you have to follow the mission one way and you can't explore at all

Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

I may be only one who minds but ****ty voice acting can ruin the game for me. It happened only once but Final Fantasy Chocobo dungeon has UNBEARABLE voice acting.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,774 posts
Chamberlain

yeah i agree with loptice bad voice acting kills the mood completely i was watching my brother play skyrim and when he opened the elder scroll the terrible acting just kinda killed the dramatic affect

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

the loading screens.

i just want to play the danm game. mofo xD

greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

repeating sections of a game is mine,example,OKAMI,dont get me wrong i love this game,but it has you play a complete REPLICA of a previous chapter,and has you face every boss twice......i dont like that ****

epicwinFTW
epicwinFTW
3 posts
Nomad

I hate having to sit through those cut scenes that last like 10 minutes... Or the never ending talking sequences that require you to press buttons over and over to advance. Especially when you've already seen it lots of times before. Makes me want to take out the disk and slap some sense into it xD

ZeeWolf
ZeeWolf
17 posts
Nomad

When games put too much Into storyline and brake the gameplay, Like Assassin's Creed. I love the series, but com'on, my 6 year old brother was able to finish it. It was far too easy.

sk8ertrevor99
sk8ertrevor99
57 posts
Shepherd

I hate it when a game has the stupid endlessspawning from enemies especially when ur playing on hard so whenever u try to get to a checkpoint it doesn't work! it makes me mad that no matter how much i try i can't get passed the enemies!

Showing 1-15 of 189