Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Things you hate in a game

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 2:57pm

The_username

The_username

89 posts

I hate it when you can't figure out what to do on a level. It doesn't give any hints, arrows pointing to where you need to go, or a map/radar to point out where you need to go. So you're going in circles on a level and it's time consuming.

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 4:52pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

Basically, I don't like it when there are times that the character should talk, such as in Fallout and such other games.

I agree. And you make fair points pang, but I'm just not the kind of guy who really puts them self into a character and believes that they are a character. I want to see a story unfold, but I do overlook it when the game is awesome.

I also don't like it when my character doesn't have a name. It just makes conversations awkward. But again, I overlook it.

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 5:07pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Assassin's Creed III had quite a few historical inaccuracies, mainly concerning th Templars. Example: Pitcairn was never killed by a Native American.

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 6:08pm

Kreitmaker

Kreitmaker

260 posts

In their defense..that  mean having to hire another voice actor (or more) and maybe even add in some of that extra data stuff that I don't care to learn haha

also..the big one...it would take out that huge RPG element..the idea that you are the character you are playing. If the character has a voice..it is as if it is some random person you are playing as, and not yourself living the adventure

Ok, but get this. What if the character already has a voice actor?

What I mean is that the character talks during the cinematic cutscenes that you have to watch at times, yet doesn't talk during the missions (or gameplay).

HINT: One example is Battlefield 3.

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 6:46pm

chuncster

chuncster

24 posts

Things i hate in a game? Endings. Always so anti-climatic (with exception to assassins creed series, love the cliff hangers)

I also hate how you buy a game with multiplayer enabled, within 5minutes of the game being released you have people that are absolutely amazing at it, it just ruins the fun...

Chunc

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 9:05pm

Vagueshade

Vagueshade

84 posts

(with exception to assassins creed series, love the cliff hangers)

You won't be saying that after AC III...

Posted Jan 8, '13 at 3:50pm

Bobthebest

Bobthebest

28 posts

I agree with Loptice and ImTheMostManlyMan with the terrible voice acting. I also hate when you can't put on subtitles so you can mute the TV so that you don't have to listen to the voice acting.

Posted Jan 8, '13 at 3:52pm

Bobthebest

Bobthebest

28 posts

And I agree with Vague shade. After AC III you are going to HATE cliffhangers.

Posted Jan 8, '13 at 5:08pm

kirks011

kirks011

181 posts

I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE when a game makes u go through a tutorial everytime u play even if you have played before. After the first time it should be completely optional from the settings or something.

Posted Jan 11, '13 at 1:25pm

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

Assassin's Creed III had quite a few historical inaccuracies, mainly concerning th Templars. Example: Pitcairn was never killed by a Native American.

I don't know about you, but I do not use the AC series as historical reference.

I hate worthless characters. As in, characters with very little development who are still crucial to the game. Dishonored tried to get rid of this with the Heart and littered notes, but I think you should be able to optionally talk to people and learn about them, a bit like Skyrim/

Reply to Things you hate in a game

You must be logged in to post a reply!