Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Things you hate in a game

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 3:18pm

The_username

The_username

89 posts

One thing I hate in some co-op games is that if one of you dies, you both die.

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 10:03pm

mucketjones337

mucketjones337

5 posts

One thing that I really don't care for in a game is when there isn't a good story behind it. It sucks when you get all excited to play a new game and looks like the people who made it used as little amount of money that they possibly could and the game is crap.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 3:02pm

unrealtron13

unrealtron13

171 posts

When they put too many collectibles in a game, like dead rising 2.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 9:57pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

I don't know about you, but I do not use the AC series as historical reference.

Twas a joke, sir Masterforger.

Posted Jan 27, '13 at 2:22pm

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,791 posts

I hate bugs(who doesn't hate bugs?),lags,long time loading a game and cinematic sequences.I can't play games normally beacuse of that(my computer is 9 years old,probably beacause of that).

Posted Jan 27, '13 at 7:36pm

d_dude

d_dude

1,764 posts

I hate it when the enemies in an RPG scale up with your level. That stuff is ridiculous in Skyrim.

The enemies in Dark Souls were done right. Come to the Undead Burg at level 10, it's going to be a fun challenge. Come to the Undead Burg at level 60, and you can one-shot everything. It makes leveling up worth it.

Posted Jan 27, '13 at 11:23pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,276 posts

I hate it when the enemies in an RPG scale up with your level. That stuff is ridiculous in Skyrim.

I was wondering if that was happening. It threw me off when I acquired a mission at like level 5..then went to do it finally at level 38 and struggled to finish it haha

Posted Jan 28, '13 at 12:26am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

Did you ever play Oblivion? Now -that- was ridiculous. The enemies more or less scaled with you exactly. So It was not odd to run into a cave you cleared at the start of the game and encounter bandits with full ebony and Daedra spiders hiding in the corners.
In Skyrim they did scale, but not every enemy in the game. There was a chance (dermined by a behind-the-scenes roll of the dice) to have higher level mobs with leveled gear and loot. It was also just as likely to have mods with iron armour and a few levels under you. I like this method because what do you think the mobs have being doing while you ran around for months of in-game time? Knitting a sweater?
It is also nice because even though they have gained experience and skills, they more oft than not still are not a large challenge for you; the hero who has been killing dragons and working for Daedric gods since you escaped death.

Posted Apr 22, '13 at 2:49am

kellynmcfinch

kellynmcfinch

123 posts

I hate seeing sexual content because it is disgusting

Posted Apr 22, '13 at 3:29am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,276 posts

I hate seeing sexual content because it is disgusting

No need to repeat yourself..you made nearly the same comment back on page 9. And my comment in response still stands.

Sex is natural..exploiting the sexual acts to exploit it is wrong, yes..but under the right circumstances and presentation it can be purposeful and hold value.

But to dislike it because of it being "nasty" and "disgusting" is childish. There is nothing wrong with disliking a game because of the sexual content...just don't turn it around as if it is their fault

Reply to Things you hate in a game

You must be logged in to post a reply!