Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Things you hate in a game

Posted Feb 27, '12 at 6:00pm

Hydra312

Hydra312

43 posts

What I hate in a game?
I would say games that require perfect timing or close to it and games that have repeated elements in a game with no actual addicting action.

Posted Feb 28, '12 at 12:32pm

Loptice

Loptice

215 posts

used to agree with that until I started playing indie games and then I relized how hard it is or expensive it is to get good voice acting or graphics

I also don't mind graphivs as long as they don't hurt my eyes with too bright colors. I'm also dissappointed if graphics of ports are WORSE than graphics which had same game on lower gen consoles (FF IV DS looks worse than its SNES version)
Voice acting is hard to do for indie games, but it should be easy for the mainstream ones. If money is problem for companies than I have good advice - leave Japanese dubbing with subtitles instead of making crappy English one (why Final Fantasy Chocobo Dungeun why?)

Posted Feb 28, '12 at 12:35pm

Ancuta

Ancuta

128 posts

"I HATE NOOBS"
- Are u serious ? U can't blame a "first time player".
We have all be through that... Everyone is a noob first time.

Posted Feb 28, '12 at 12:49pm

Loptice

Loptice

215 posts

"I HATE NOOBS"

I know I hate noobs is usually written by guys who cannot lose and have to blame their team for every lost game.

Posted Feb 28, '12 at 7:50pm

R3LOAD

R3LOAD

433 posts

I know I hate noobs is usually written by guys who cannot lose and have to blame their team for every lost game.

The word 'noob' is mostly used by people on games like CoD to describe a player that killed them. I hate people who use it all the time like this.

Or by hypocrites who run around with weapons they think are overpowered on games, or use things they think are 'nooby' (e.g. grenade launcher on CoD), but slag people off for using them against them.

In short, the word noob is stupid and never, ever used correctly.

Posted Feb 28, '12 at 9:55pm

Easton5

Easton5

34 posts

two major things:

1) Pre-boss, unskippable cut-scenes. Seriously, these are the worst. I absolutely hate it when right before an unnaturally hard boss in a game, they have a 5 minute cut scene that you have to sit through. then sit through again if you die, and every apple-pissing time after that. it's like a giant middle finger from the developer...

2) An equally giant middle finger: Quick Time Events. God these are awful. I understand if they are used to expand a game or as a main feature (i.e. Heavy Rain, or the "open chest" in God of War.) But the "Pres X to not die" is the worst game device ever. Like the Krauser fight in Resident Evil 4. I cannot begin to explain how many times I had to sit through that because of my dead cat reflexes.

Posted Feb 28, '12 at 9:55pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

"I HATE NOOBS"

Two main definitions for the word noob:
- Someone who does stupid things in games, can be a new player or a player who has been playing for a while. I sometimes make noob mistakes on Call of Duty when I take bad routes and don't check my corners.
- A new player to any game.

In objective based games, if your team isn't doing their job then it's their fault you lost. I can't count how many times I've been the only one capturing flags and defending them in domination in Call of Duty when I play alone, and I almost always lose when I play by myself because I get paired with the worst players ever.

Posted Feb 29, '12 at 12:51am

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

Noob is derived from the term newb which means newbie or new player. So a noob is someone that is relatively new to the game or hasn't played in a while. I hate people that say noob outside of gaming. Someone called me a noob because i tripped over some stairs and im like WTF.

I hate those games that don't tell you when or if you save because you can sit there playing the game forever and not know what part it saved at. I also hate games that don't save.
I hate not being able to skip cutscenes or credits.
I hate games that don't let you play after the credits.
I hate games that dont save after credits.
I hate when you can't cook a grenade for some reason
I hate when sniping is so unrealistic
I hate when you can't select a Server in multiplayer
I hate Screen Cheaters "definitely"
I hate when little kids spam the freaking mic and your like why the *****k are you playing this rated M game when your like 6.
I hate when games only load the level your on and not the exact place where you were.
I hate games that dont have split screen but obviously have live multiplayer.
I hate games that make the worst spawn points or let people spawn camp and kill you.
I really hate when everyone says face a wall when your AFK but someone always kills you and gets that free kill.

Posted Feb 29, '12 at 3:37am

yz125

yz125

196 posts

Not being able to modifie and actully being able to have more fun by hacking it.

Posted Feb 29, '12 at 3:41am

yz125

yz125

196 posts

@GhostOfMatrix

I agree with this statment... Noobs are NEW to the game. Lets say your playing a FPS game and there is online ranking, You start out at lvl 1, YOUR A NOOB , but you might be better than alot oof people, and you cant just say, "OHH I'M BETTER THAN YOU NOOB." Cause then you obviously play more than other people..... Point of this comment is that we all have been new to certain games, so stop whining about it.....Your not the best in the word, and if you are then get a life lol...

Reply to Things you hate in a game

You must be logged in to post a reply!