ForumsGamesThings you hate in a game

189 30621
greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

Plain and simple.What do you hate in a game.

• 189 Replies
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

When the game is too short

That and being too easy, too simple and repettitive etc.

A great example: Prototype 2. While in terms of gameplay, it was better than its predecessor, i finished it on normal difficulty in 1 and 1/2 - 2 days and having been killed no more than 10 times!

Another example: Star Wars:Force Unleashed 2. For the same reasons: too short and too easy gameplay.

i hate when im playing a fps game and its just unrealistic overall. it just really rustles my jimmies

Can you please define unrealistic? If you are "hard" on games, you may consider all of the Call of Duty games to be such. Also, unrealistic in what? In terms of gameplay( Like Call of Duty:World at War), or in terms of plot( like Singularity), or both(like Wolfenstein 2009)?
404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

When it comes to realistic you'de have to go for Battlefield 3, it actually includes bullet drop, it's story was crap though. But it more than made up for it in multiplayer. Thing I hate in a game, that power you get but you never find a good use for it or you just plain hate it.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I hate games where mobs don't or take a long time to respawn. Torchlight!

KaiotakiBun
KaiotakiBun
36 posts
Nomad

I hate it when my quest is bugged.

MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

i hate hackers like i played black ops with a hacker and i couldnt kill him

princeabo65
princeabo65
2 posts
Peasant

For one bad voice acting sucks, also forced totorials, or where you need to go through the totorial for the storyline.

Sr_Joge
Sr_Joge
2 posts
Nomad

that imposible thing that takes you hours to figure out to continue the mission

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

that imposible thing that takes you hours to figure out to continue the mission

Meh, just Google it, and spoil the fun I guess.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

When NPC's glitch. Oh Skyrim, how many times have I had to reload a previous save.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Im thinking that
Load Times
Bad AI
Not enough variety

Are things that seem to set me off these days

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Load Times

If they are consistently long, yeah. Assassin's Creed 3 was bugging me when I first put it in because it took nearly 10 minutes to get to the main menu, but from then on out it was smooth.

Errors, server ones are the worst. I couldn't play Far Cry 3 two days ago for a few hours because it kept saying I couldn't connect to their servers.
MattBPlaysMinecraft
MattBPlaysMinecraft
10 posts
Nomad

When a game recycles TOO MUCH of previous games in the series without any innovations or a lack of a lot of positive improvements. Namely CoD: Black Ops, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Yearly sports games, etc.

The_username
The_username
93 posts
Farmer

Their is one thing that I hate in 007: Russia with Love( really good game though). You cannot skip every cut scene in the game except the 1st cut scene you see whe you start playing.

MattBPlaysMinecraft
MattBPlaysMinecraft
10 posts
Nomad

Also, in New Super Mario Bros. 2, after World 6 the game never prompts you to save. You have to remember, which can be easy not to do. I've had to do the Mushroom and Flower Worlds twice because of this.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Yearly sports games, etc.

Well obviously these won't renovate much of the gameplay..because the gameplay is the sport. Now, if you notice, a lot of them amp up the graphics, flow of game, mechanics, etc.

Another major thing they do...update rosters and players
Showing 106-120 of 189