ForumsGamesThings you hate in a game

189 30662
greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

Plain and simple.What do you hate in a game.

• 189 Replies
darkengy
darkengy
205 posts
Nomad

Limited choices and fights before the real boss fight

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

fights before the real boss fight

I don't get why so many people find this as a bad thing, I always found enimies before a boss is like a warm up for me so that I'l be ready when the real boss comes, like I remember they did just that in a game called Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow where they had the miniature version of the boss first that had the same attacks, but they were weaker and he was alot smaller, then once you kill him they have the full-sized, full power boss which I really think would've been hard if I didn't already know the range of attacks he could use.
Easton5
Easton5
32 posts
Nomad

I really thought the campaign of Black Ops really good

I agree with you. It's just that it was painfully short. If Treyarch spent more time developing the story and lengthening the campaign it could have been a lot better. A stealth mission or two would have been nice. It just seemed rushed so they could develop the multiplayer.
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Games with no auto save and when you die you loose like 30 minutes of gameplay becuase you forgot to save.

TheLastGamer
TheLastGamer
204 posts
Nomad

Games that tell you to push a button on you're keyboard/controller who do they know?

Thowra
Thowra
31 posts
Nomad

Cutscenes that can't be skipped > *thinks of Assassin's Creed*

And also throngs of weak enemies that don't really hurt you and that you can OHKO, only there are so many of them it slows your game down and makes it repetitive and boring.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I don't get why so many people find this as a bad thing, I always found enimies before a boss is like a warm up for me so that I'l be ready when the real boss comes, like I remember they did just that in a game called Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow where they had the miniature version of the boss first that had the same attacks, but they were weaker and he was alot smaller, then once you kill him they have the full-sized, full power boss which I really think would've been hard if I didn't already know the range of attacks he could use.

Speaking of bosses, I hate those games that have the easiest boss in the world but have some of the hardest enemies.
And Since everyone is mentioning how I said Black Ops had a bad campaign, I just want to clear up that I didn't like the story and I didn't like how short the story was. I think the Call Of Duty series doesn't spend enough time on singleplayer aspects. I did like that they made Special Ops back in MW2 I also liked that COD3 actually had a fun, decent storyline although it had bad graphics.
Nowadays it seems like the only people that like COD is people that only have played MW2 and black ops. I just want to say that I was almost always a fan except I didn't play COD1 and 2.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Oh yeah I was just thinking I hate the video games that are made from a movie because they always have the worst graphics and with the Pirates series they threw random cutscenes and gameplay that didn't relate to the original movie.
Also speaking of pirates I hate games that have the weirdest or worst controls ever.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Oh yeah I was just thinking I hate the video games that are made from a movie because they always have the worst graphics

A) Graphics have no weight whatsoever in determining the quality of a game

B) Go play the Toy Story 3 video game's Toybox mode then try to say that wasn't excellent game design. Other than that you're pretty much right. Just don't make blanket statements like that, because upon further thought Kung Fu Panda wasn't a half-bad game either.

-Chillz
Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

Thing I hate in a game...

1. Lag
2. If a really good game, the ending

~Schmiddy

rivercrab01
rivercrab01
1,242 posts
Nomad

I hate those games which are like:
What's that? You beat the level? Yes, but you didn't find the secret, so you can't progress anyway >

What's the point in having the secret there if you have to find it anyway?

And for multiplayer games, having the ability to give real game money for level ups/better abilities. That's just buying power.

Also what I can only explain by 'What Mass Effect 3 Did.' They had a DLC that was ready before the game came out, but you had to pay extra money to get it. What also makes me mad about that is how plot crucial that DLC was. Bioware ticked me off about that.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I hate short storylines and unchallenging campaigns. All of the CoD campaigns are too easy to beat, even on Veteran.

I also don't like unequal gun power distribution in multiplayer games. Theres always that 1 (Famas: Black Ops) or 3 or more (ACR, PP90M1, MP7, etc...)

And Since everyone is mentioning how I said Black Ops had a bad campaign, I just want to clear up that I didn't like the story and I didn't like how short the story was. I think the Call Of Duty series doesn't spend enough time on singleplayer aspects. I did like that they made Special Ops back in MW2 I also liked that COD3 actually had a fun, decent storyline although it had bad graphics.

I like the campaign but I agree with the shortness, after WaW the campaigns got stupid short, like three or four hours and barely 200 gamerscore of achievement. Felt like a waste of time.
Fredman12
Fredman12
47 posts
Nomad

I know its completely necessary but I dont like when you download a pc game an you have to wait three hours for all the dumb updates to load. Really annoys me. I want to play the game already.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

the thing i hate the most and cant forgive is when a game has an event or item that you cant get anymore if you beat a certain part. i mean... what am i supposed to do know? start all over because of one little item i forgot? i mean really... these games just make you check a walkthrough and thats just sad

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

If the game is good,the thing I'd hate would be no sequel!!!!!!!! (ya LucasArts,I'm talking to you about Gladius!!!!!!)

Showing 46-60 of 189