Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

What Software to use when creating games. And what language should I right in

Posted Feb 23, '12 at 1:56am

TheGameInspires

TheGameInspires

3 posts

I need help with creating games. I don't have any money to spend on software but if you do post software it will be much appreciated. I also need to know what language to right in. Thanx!!

Posted Feb 23, '12 at 2:29pm

TheGameInspires

TheGameInspires

3 posts

I know I spelt write wrong i was in a rush

Posted Feb 23, '12 at 2:57pm

Reamon

Reamon

10 posts

About the program probably the best is Adobe CS5(If you want to continue earning money and making games in flash since it's 700$ or something like that) - But still if ur not sure, I mean there can be some problems after you buy the product and then you can't learn Actionscript 3.0, that would be a huge waist of money.
Flash Develop is free and probably best free software out there, not beginner friendly tho.
- Only language for making flash games is ActionScript.

- Hope I helped, Cheers, Reamon.

Posted Feb 23, '12 at 3:05pm

Reamon

Reamon

10 posts

Pro Tip: Flash Develop is easily a better to program a game with, since it all goes into one frame, so you don't have to make those layers. You can draw with free softwares like GIMP(Which is as same as Photoshop) but Flash Develop is for more advanced programmers(Who knows what they are doing!) But since there are many tutorials and videos, you can learn to program with Flash Develop so you don't need to spend 700$

- Cheers, Reamon.
P.S: Sorry for double post.

Posted Feb 24, '12 at 12:40pm

wakyswag

wakyswag

172 posts

where can i get Flash Develop?

Posted Feb 26, '12 at 7:04am

ExplosionsHurt

ExplosionsHurt

247 posts

Flash Develop Link

Be warned, it's fairly difficult to use if you've never programmed before.

Posted Feb 26, '12 at 1:12pm

Carlytoon

Carlytoon

329 posts

Yeah flash develop is usefull, I give a little explanation about it here:

http://miprogramacionenas3.blogspot.com … velop.html

Posted Feb 26, '12 at 2:51pm

pirateplatypusgames

pirateplatypusgames

40 posts

I personally prefer to write code in a text editor, I use Kate but if you're using Windows Notepad++ is good too.  I do graphics in Inkscape. And I compile with mxmlc.

Reply to What Software to use when creating games. And what language should I right in

You must be logged in to post a reply!