ForumsWEPRAn Immigrant's thoughts and history on America

20 6818
deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

You ever wonder how hard immigrants worked to come to America? Have You ever wanted to know what it was like for them when they reached our borders?
Here, in this thread, I hope that immigrants or children of the immigrants will give their testomony about their life before and after they came to America. It is my hope that people will learn from this thread. Some of us don't know what immigrants went through as they came here.
I wish to talk about my mother and her time here. She lived in the philipines, having 5 brothers and sisters. She studied hard every day without the help of her parents. After finishing highschool my Mother came to a college here in America. During her time of attending college she attended a church where her Pastor introduced her to my Father it took of from there(i'll skip the smooching). In New Jersey She gave birth to my sister and 4 years later she gave birth to me. When I turned 4 my parents moved next to my Father's father's house, so at that they can take a break from us. During the course of years I noticed my Mother was getting extremely angry at the government. It seemed that the government had been giving her more and more trouble with immigration. The ilegal immigrants seemed to be treated better then the immigrants who came here legally. "They are being treated like VIPs." she said and it seemed to be so. Also during the immigration problem she had to fly back home in order to recieve her birth cretificate. Without it she couldn't get a new drivers license or passport. Because she couldn't get a new drivers license she wasn't allowed to deposit or take any money from the bank.
Well this is her story. Hope you learned somthing.

• 20 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

We need national guard soldiers at the border with orders to fire on anyone who jumps the fence or crosses the border.

Seriously? You want to kill whoever tries to come to our self proclaimed "land of the free?" That's just sad.

What we need are new immigration laws/policies, and for people to realize that this country was founded on immigration and that immigrants really aren't hurting us. They take the jobs no one wants.
deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

What we need are new immigration laws/policies, and for people to realize that this country was founded on immigration and that immigrants really aren't hurting us. They take the jobs no one wants.

I noticed that we're getting real far off topic. Unless you have a story on immigration to talk about, I suggest you leave this thread alone.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Unless you have a story on immigration to talk about, I suggest you leave this thread alone.

If we're just talking about stories people have, then this should be in the tavern.
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

An immigrant story? How convenient. My great-great-grandfather Nicolas came to America on a boat as a teen with his family and a strange, Dutch, last name. Life was hard, but the family made friends, and over time, grew accustomed to America. The new family only went back to The Netherlands once, when a globe-spanning empire had gobbled up much of the world and my grandfather had to join this great nation's cause to replant the seed of democracy.

-Chillz

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

The new family only went back to The Netherlands once, when a globe-spanning empire had gobbled up much of the world and my grandfather had to join this great nation's cause to replant the seed of democracy.

what globe-spanning empire your talking about? germany? =S

and what did he join? "het verzet" in the netherlands. or the us army?
cause joining "het verzet" was kinda impossible for outsiders.
and the us army did not went to the netherlands, the canadians liberated us from ww2.
Showing 16-20 of 20