ForumsSupport ForumA good forum system.

7 2255
Adamantine
Adamantine
30 posts
Nomad

How could the admins of any site come up with a system where a player can join and within a few minutes of not doing anything wrong,can be muted by random people just for the hell of it?!!??!?!

• 7 Replies
jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

Would you like to elaborate and explain exactly what you are talking about?

Yes, could you please explain, and you can't just be muted by anyone, it has to be a moderator, and I'm a little confused
Adamantine
Adamantine
30 posts
Nomad

i think the title was a typo...

the warning system on armorchat is incredibly prone to abuse,any good person can be muted by any nut that happens to feel like it.

sos about the forum part,im talking about armorchat so i made a mistake on the title.

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

Ok, if it's in the chat room then yes, there are quite a few problems with those, and they are currently trying to find a way to get those worked out. And like he said, the chat is hosted by meebo, so they may have a bit of trouble with that. So, I see your problem, and hopefully they get this worked out!

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hmm yes, this is a problem that will hopefully be remedied very soon. I don't like the warning or the muting, and I don't think that members should be able to do it to each other. Users are abusing it, and its not fair to those who follow the rules. It is nothing personal to you I am sure, it is just that users are abusing the chat and doing it to everyone. Hopefully the chat system will be changed soon, so these sorts of things do not keep happening.

If you have problems with specific users in the chat in the future, make sure to let one of the moderators know so that we can take care of it for you. We don't want users being upset over how they are treated in the chat. And we are trying to take care of the abusive users as much as we can.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Yes this is really a problem some people would even probaly warn Carlie in there like I think there should be a form:

Name of the user:
Your username:
Why?:

So that way then they will need a reason to warn them and the mods and admins read the reason to see if its good enough to let them be warned.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Crazynaitor, that is a great idea! I just don't think there is any way to implement that so long as they are still using Meebo to run the chat. I will pass that suggestion on though, in hopes that they may incorporate it in the future!

And yes, people do try to warn mods when they get pissed off after we ask them to follow the rules. Of course, it doesn't end well for the person who tries to do it ;-)

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Well I was kinda just thinking of SHOPS for a minute ha ha then that came in my head.

Showing 1-7 of 7