ForumsProgramming ForumFlash Develop!

3 4671
Reamon
Reamon
8 posts
Nomad

Hello all, I'm gonna tell about the program which is meant to develop games in swf. file.
If you don't know how this program works and what is this program all about this is the thread for you!

- FlashDevelop reduces ur time building the game, helps you to sort ur classes easier and much more.

How does it reduces?
- Do you know when you work with Adobe CS, and u can't make the game beacuse of timeline. Many bugs are accured beacuse of it.
FlashDevelop doesn't have timeline! Booyah, dream come true. It puts everything into one single frame(how the others IDE work, like XNA...)
How does it helps you with sorting out your classes?
- Beacuse this program is all about programming!, You don't have a page(The Page where u make the art etc...)the middle of program is a huge list which is made for codes only!

Even tho it's harder to learn it's worth it, and I suggest you to download and start learning it, and it's FREE! Yeah you heard me!
- Cheers, Reamon.

• 3 Replies
Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

Yeah, i like Flash develop too, here are my reasons:
http://miprogramacionenas3.blogspot.com/2012/02/flash-develop.html

I have to say that if you learn how to use flash develop, you can jump to any other programming IDE easily or without much problem

Reamon
Reamon
8 posts
Nomad

Yeah totally, since many IDE's are the same(everything is into one frame, then using code you can make your player for example write over background etc...), I find FlashDevelop very similiar to Visual C#.
And many other I named Visual C# for an example

- Cheers, Reamon.

PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

Just wanted to point out that the timeline of Adobe Flash isn't causing the problems - unless you actually code on it. You could write all your code in the Document Class, so you'd end up with exactly the same result as you would with Flash Develop.

But yes, building can go up to 10x faster if you compile outside of Flash, so any solution - like Flash Develop - is better than Flash in that way.

Showing 1-3 of 3