ForumsGamesMass Effect 2 and the Third one, far better than Skyrim.

3 1855
Dante_DevilHunter
Dante_DevilHunter
2 posts
Nomad

Mass Effect 2 and it's squel blow Skyrim out of the water. The game play is solid and the story line is from amazing. Not just because you can make decisions that influence the outcome of the game, but because of the in depth characters.

• 3 Replies
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Basically you aren't really leaving this topic up for debate, your just stating your opinion that Mass Effect 2 and 3 are better than Skyrim. And from what I can tell it is all biased information and you didn't even list any pros or cons from skyrim you just state that you think Mass effect 2 and 3 are better. And since you have to Mass Effects, why not list another game to side with skyrim like Oblivion or Fallout 3. I am not trying to offend you but why don't you just put your opinion in the Skyrim topic instead of opening a seemingly pointless topic that seems less like a discussion.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Mass Effect 2 and it's squel blow Skyrim out of the water.

Now there's a trooper! And I agree with you... to a degree. I agree that Mass Effect 2 is a superior game when compared to the most recent Elder Scrolls, but Mass Effect 3 isn't even out yet, so judgement cannot yet be passed.

The game play is solid and the story line is from amazing. Not just because you can make decisions that influence the outcome of the game, but because of the in depth characters.

100% correct. Most people complain about not being able to skip through cutscenes in games, but in Mass Effect, the story is so rich that I was heavily compelled to go and talk to every one of my crewmates after a mission, just to see if they had any shmidgen of backstory to share. The combat in Skyrim does get the slight bit samey over time, while Mass Effect's squad-based tactics combine smoothly with the heightened focus on 3rd-person shooting to create a fantastic combat system.

Now, this isn't to say Skyrim is a bad tame. Not at all. It's a true monument in this generation, but it falls ever-so-short of Mass Effect 2's ultimate superiority. A second place prize isn't bad, especially when it's as close a second place as Skyrim holds.

your just stating your opinion that Mass Effect 2 and 3 are better than Skyrim. And from what I can tell it is all biased information and you didn't even list any pros or cons from skyrim you just state that you think Mass effect 2 and 3 are better.

But isn't that what debate is? Stating your opinion against another's opinion? Of course, solid fact as backup to your opinions help out greatly, in which case you are right. And indeed, addressing the other party of the argument does make one seem well-rounded and appear to be lacking in ignorance.

And since you have to Mass Effects, why not list another game to side with skyrim like Oblivion or Fallout 3.

It's not like quality stacks. And again, adding in Mass Effect 3 before it's even released, meaning any rhetoric about it is based on pure suspicion and rumor, is a bit of a bad move on devilhunter's part.

All in all, I find Mass Effect 2 to be the better game, and hope that Mass Effect 3 will shatter expectations. I adore Skyrim, but it does take second in this position. I understand that others will disagree, and appreciate their differing opinions in this debating environment.

-Chillz
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester
Showing 1-3 of 3