ForumsNews and FeedbackNew Features?

8 2589
Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

If there is any new features you think AG3 should have, please post them here. Mods, please consider everyone's ideas. I personally have one of my own. I think you should be able to control what kinds of ads you get exposed to. Kind of a &quotarental control" thing. There could be 3 levels of which you could select: Lvl 1: All inappropriate ads blocked. Lvl 2: Some inappropriate ads blocked, and 3, no ads blocked.

• 8 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Mods, please consider everyone's ideas.

It doesn't matter if they do or not, they have no control over what's getting put in AG3.
I think you should be able to control what kinds of ads you get exposed to. Kind of a &quotarental control" thing. There could be 3 levels of which you could select: Lvl 1: All inappropriate ads blocked. Lvl 2: Some inappropriate ads blocked, and 3, no ads blocked.

This is a 13+ site, and all the ads are appropriate for them. Armor Games wouldn't put inappropriate ads on their site. If you think an ad is inappropriate then you should send an email to jroyster22 at support@armorgames.com. Also, I believe the ads come up from your browsing history. Such as if I look up cars on Google I'll get ads about cars.
I highly doubt that they'll give us control over what ads we can see or not, and I don't think it's possible. So people can either deal with them or get an ad blocker, easy as that.
Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

Listen, if you want to debate, go to a different topic. I just made this so people can express a new feature they think might be nice.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Listen, if you want to debate, go to a different topic. I just made this so people can express a new feature they think might be nice.

Listen, not everyone on the Internet is going to agree with you. And if you don't want people to post what they think then don't make threads.
Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

In case you cant find the debating thread, here it is. http://armorgames.com/community/forum/36/world-events-politics-religion-etc/ I've told you before, I didn't make this thread so people can say what they think is good about someone's new feature and what they think is bad. I just made this so other people can say what they think might be a nice feature for AG3.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It seems like you didn't read my first post. Re-read it and you'll see I'm not trying to "debate" about anything.
You said there are inappropriate ads on Armor Games and you want the option to disable them. Well, if there are inappropriate ads then you report them to an administrator named jroyster22 and they get taken care of, but that's if they are actually inappropriate for people over the age of 13. Like ads showing naked women, if you ever get something like that on Armor Games then you report it. But if you're complaining about ads showing some skin (as in women wearing tight and/or small shirts) like some do as I recall, then grow up. You'll see as much skin if you go to a beach or pool. The staff isn't going to cater to a few people because they can't handle seeing animated men or women showing some skin.
Also, if this applies to AG then what you search on Google will show up as ads. If I look up colleges on Google, I'll most likely get ads about them. But if not, then AG has someone look at the ads before they are on the site to make sure they are suitable. They could also have some sort of filter, I'm not sure.
There's also a solution if you don't like ads, get an ad blocker for your browser. They are free, take ten seconds to install, and block all ads.

I just made this so other people can say what they think might be a nice feature for AG3.

I know, I was talking about your idea with my post. This forum is to discuss ideas about AG3, which means people can disagree with you if they want. And anyway, people make their own threads if they want to pitch in ideas, which is why there isn't one big thread for all the ideas. That would be messy.
Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

Will you people quit with the ad debate? If you don't have a feature that you think would be fun to have on AG3, then please go somewhere else.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Look, you put a recommendation up, you expect to hear our comments. If you only want to hear people who agree with you, you're being an obstinate, puerile, childish, stick in the mud who needs to grow up. Deal with it, not everyone agrees with you.

As far as I know, close to none if not no forums have such a feature. Why would the devs have a feature that potentially saps their revenue?

Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

omg... you people can't even see past your own nose... Just SHUT UP about the ads thing! Forget I even mentioned it!

Showing 1-8 of 8