ForumsNews and FeedbackSarcasm Feauture

18 1664
blk2860
blk2860
10,793 posts

Now I know there's a bold, italic, link, image, and quote button. But there needs to be a Sarcasm button that turns the text orange or something like that, it would be like this:

[srcsm]Oh yeah that's a great idea.[srcsm]

Because You don't know when people are being sarcastic so this would help people a lot. I'm being Serious.

• 18 Replies
SubZero007
SubZero007
971 posts

That. Sounds. Like. A great Idea! (Not Sarcasm)

Jake297
Jake297
308 posts

As weird as that sounds, it sounds pretty cool. [ntsrcsm]That's a really good idea![ntsrcsm]

SubZero007
SubZero007
971 posts

Because, of course, As I like to say, "Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupid."

wakyswag
wakyswag
185 posts

AWESOME!!! GREAT THOUGHT!! LOVE IT, this would reduce cyber bullying as well, witch could save some one.

WaKySwAg

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,603 posts

Well, it could either be good or suck. Honestly, like wakyswag said, people might now be able to notice whether someone is joking or not.

Also, how about it would be [sarc][/sarc] or something like that?

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,195 posts

Orange is not a good sarcasm colour.
Purple seems more fitting :P

blk2860
blk2860
10,793 posts

Orange is way better, Something that has to do with yellow, beige is too light, yellow is too... yellow, so Orange is good.

blk2860
blk2860
10,793 posts

You know, like a brightish orange.

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,091 posts

like [src]wow, thats an awesome idea[/src]

Santi_
Santi_
2,415 posts

Well, it can't be color coded because then some people might just use it for all of their posts, and try to pass off as mods or admins. I know it may sound strange, but people these days will believe anything.

So there must has to be another way to show sarcasm, maybe making them in a pattern like:

T a ' A G e t I e
h t s r a d a.

Except less space in between the words. IDK, just a suggestion.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,587 posts

i really like that idea it's really awesome

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,603 posts

Ah, but how would we implement it effectively? There have been many attempts for this before.

...What if it makes the font Comic Sans? :]

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,339 posts

What if it makes the font Comic Sans?

Some people, like invalid777, have Comic Sans as a default, so that wouldn't work.

Well, it can't be color coded because then some people might just use it for all of their posts, and try to pass off as mods or admins. I know it may sound strange, but people these days will believe anything.

Actually, it can be color coded as long as the sarcasm color is sufficiently different from the colors used for mods and admins. If those colors remain blue and green, then orange will work as long as people know that orange means sarcasm.

Orange is not a good sarcasm colour.
Purple seems more fitting :P

Different people have different opinions, and I think purple is too close to blue and green to be effective. However, orange would work because it is different enough.

So there must has to be another way to show sarcasm, maybe making them in a pattern like:

T a ' A G e t I e
h t s r a d a.

Except less space in between the words. IDK, just a suggestion.

Like I said, it can be color coded, but the color needs to be clearly different from the color used for mods and admins.

Also, how about it would be [sarc][/sarc] or something like that?

That's a good idea, especially if a strikethrough code is also added, since I think strikethrough should be [s][/s]. Without strikethrough, [s][/s] is also viable for sarcasm.

TL;DR: I think sarcasm should make the text orange and be either [sarc][/sarc] or [s][/s].
JeffK3
JeffK3
642 posts

I agree with the idea, because this way ppl won't always take you seriously by what you said. For instance I say I hate you to xx11, he thinks that I hate him. If I used the sarcasm and said I hate you he'd be like Lol.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,294 posts

If you need a BB code to show you're being sarcastic.....let's just say you're really not doing it right. Also, it kind of does away with the wit and surprise involved, like a big colourful marker screaming at you telling you explicitly that there's a sarcasm bumper ahead.

Showing 1-15 of 18