Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Sarcasm Feauture

Posted Mar 7, '12 at 10:31pm

Santi_

Santi_

444 posts

Well, it can't be color coded because then some people might just use it for all of their posts, and try to pass off as mods or admins. I know it may sound strange, but people these days will believe anything.

So there must has to be another way to show sarcasm, maybe making them in a pattern like:

T a '   A   G e t   I e
h t s       r a     d a.

Except less space in between the words. IDK, just a suggestion.

Posted Mar 7, '12 at 11:48pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

2,962 posts

i really like that idea it's really awesome

Posted Mar 8, '12 at 4:03pm

Legion1350

Legion1350

1,291 posts

Ah, but how would we implement it effectively? There have been many attempts for this before.

...What if it makes the font Comic Sans? :]

Posted Mar 8, '12 at 10:24pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,582 posts

What if it makes the font Comic Sans?

Some people, like invalid777, have Comic Sans as a default, so that wouldn't work.

Well, it can't be color coded because then some people might just use it for all of their posts, and try to pass off as mods or admins. I know it may sound strange, but people these days will believe anything.

Actually, it can be color coded as long as the sarcasm color is sufficiently different from the colors used for mods and admins. If those colors remain blue and green, then orange will work as long as people know that orange means sarcasm.

Orange is not a good sarcasm colour.
Purple seems more fitting :P

Different people have different opinions, and I think purple is too close to blue and green to be effective. However, orange would work because it is different enough.

So there must has to be another way to show sarcasm, maybe making them in a pattern like:

T a '   A   G e t   I e
h t s       r a     d a.

Except less space in between the words. IDK, just a suggestion.

Like I said, it can be color coded, but the color needs to be clearly different from the color used for mods and admins.

Also, how about it would be [sarc][/sarc] or something like that?

That's a good idea, especially if a strikethrough code is also added, since I think strikethrough should be [s][/s]. Without strikethrough, [s][/s] is also viable for sarcasm.

TL;DR: I think sarcasm should make the text orange and be either [sarc][/sarc] or [s][/s].

Posted Mar 8, '12 at 11:30pm

JeffK3

JeffK3

292 posts

I agree with the idea, because this way ppl won't always take you seriously by what you said. For instance I say I hate you to xx11, he thinks that I hate him. If I used the sarcasm and said I hate you he'd be like Lol.

Posted Mar 9, '12 at 8:08am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,119 posts

Knight

If you need a BB code to show you're being sarcastic.....let's just say you're really not doing it right. Also, it kind of does away with the wit and surprise involved, like a big colourful marker screaming at you telling you explicitly that there's a sarcasm bumper ahead.

Posted Mar 10, '12 at 12:07am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

2,962 posts

i have to agree with nichodemus on this, at first i really liked the idea but after the way he put it i changed my mind

Posted Mar 10, '12 at 12:38am

BoredMartian

BoredMartian

276 posts

If we want to be sarcastic, why don't we just switch from caps lock on and off like this:

HeY tHaTs A gReAt IdEa!!!!1

Posted Mar 10, '12 at 12:50am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,119 posts

Knight

If we want to be sarcastic, why don't we just switch from caps lock on and off like this:

HeY tHaTs A gReAt IdEa!!!!1

Reply to Sarcasm Feauture

You must be logged in to post a reply!