Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Need an RPG game engine like sonny's

Posted May 30, '08 at 10:42am

GodDark

GodDark

8 posts

Hey does anyone know where to get a RPG game engine like sonny's or Sinjid S.O.T.W's engine? please post download link here if you know...

Posted Jun 8, '08 at 8:44pm

Louissi

Louissi

68 posts

You have to program it yourself, its not something you can download.

Posted Jun 9, '08 at 8:41am

GodDark

GodDark

8 posts

oh ok...

Posted Jun 11, '08 at 4:47pm

PBMCube

PBMCube

31 posts

I would happy to help. I teach game engine architecture at ITT Technical Institute.

Sonny, Sinjid and SOTW are jealously guarded and copyright... although there is no &quotatent" (smart folks that they are ... knowing that patents are open for review.)

I recommend using Torque or perhaps Dark Basic if you plan to create a Desktop game. If you plan to create an online game, start your search with "gotoandplay.it" and use their smartfox game server (did I mention it was FREE!)

Posted Jun 11, '08 at 5:48pm

Louissi

Louissi

68 posts

well... its free for 20 users or less

Posted Jun 11, '08 at 8:57pm

dank

dank

1,045 posts

Knight

SFS is a socket server based in the Java enviroment built to serve real-time data to its clients. It is not a development program in itself, but rather a tool used by the Flash community. It is "free," however, it will only allow 20 clients at once to be connected. You will also need a place to host it. You could host it on a PC on a broadband connection, but I have tried that and only get about 3-6 packets a second from the server. If you really wanted to use it, you would need a direct connection to the internet, about $1000 a month, or a dedicated host, about $100 a month.

Torque is an ok engine, but I'd recommend just jumping in to OOP for beginners.

Posted Jun 14, '08 at 2:35am

Klaushouse

Klaushouse

2,959 posts

Need some hardcore advertising on your game if you plan on $1000 a month internet...

Posted Jun 15, '08 at 10:18pm

Louissi

Louissi

68 posts

Haha yeah, thats why dedicated server is a better idea

Reply to Need an RPG game engine like sonny's

You must be logged in to post a reply!