Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Need an RPG game engine like sonny's

Posted May 30, '08 at 10:42am

GodDark

GodDark

8 posts

Hey does anyone know where to get a RPG game engine like sonny's or Sinjid S.O.T.W's engine? please post download link here if you know...

Posted Jun 8, '08 at 8:44pm

Louissi

Louissi

68 posts

You have to program it yourself, its not something you can download.

Posted Jun 9, '08 at 8:41am

GodDark

GodDark

8 posts

oh ok...

Posted Jun 11, '08 at 4:47pm

PBMCube

PBMCube

31 posts

I would happy to help. I teach game engine architecture at ITT Technical Institute.

Sonny, Sinjid and SOTW are jealously guarded and copyright... although there is no "patent" (smart folks that they are ... knowing that patents are open for review.)

I recommend using Torque or perhaps Dark Basic if you plan to create a Desktop game. If you plan to create an online game, start your search with "gotoandplay.it" and use their smartfox game server (did I mention it was FREE!)

Posted Jun 11, '08 at 5:48pm

Louissi

Louissi

68 posts

well... its free for 20 users or less

Posted Jun 11, '08 at 8:57pm

dank

dank

1,043 posts

Knight

SFS is a socket server based in the Java enviroment built to serve real-time data to its clients. It is not a development program in itself, but rather a tool used by the Flash community. It is "free," however, it will only allow 20 clients at once to be connected. You will also need a place to host it. You could host it on a PC on a broadband connection, but I have tried that and only get about 3-6 packets a second from the server. If you really wanted to use it, you would need a direct connection to the internet, about $1000 a month, or a dedicated host, about $100 a month.

Torque is an ok engine, but I'd recommend just jumping in to OOP for beginners.

Posted Jun 14, '08 at 2:35am

Klaushouse

Klaushouse

2,853 posts

Need some hardcore advertising on your game if you plan on $1000 a month internet...

Posted Jun 15, '08 at 10:18pm

Louissi

Louissi

68 posts

Haha yeah, thats why dedicated server is a better idea

Reply to Need an RPG game engine like sonny's

You must be logged in to post a reply!