ForumsProgramming ForumNeed an RPG game engine like sonny's

7 10973
GodDark
GodDark
7 posts
Nomad

Hey does anyone know where to get a RPG game engine like sonny's or Sinjid S.O.T.W's engine? please post download link here if you know...

• 7 Replies
Louissi
Louissi
66 posts
Peasant

You have to program it yourself, its not something you can download.

GodDark
GodDark
7 posts
Nomad

oh ok...

PBMCube
PBMCube
29 posts
Nomad

I would happy to help. I teach game engine architecture at ITT Technical Institute.

Sonny, Sinjid and SOTW are jealously guarded and copyright... although there is no &quotatent" (smart folks that they are ... knowing that patents are open for review.)

I recommend using Torque or perhaps Dark Basic if you plan to create a Desktop game. If you plan to create an online game, start your search with "gotoandplay.it" and use their smartfox game server (did I mention it was FREE!)

Louissi
Louissi
66 posts
Peasant

well... its free for 20 users or less

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

SFS is a socket server based in the Java enviroment built to serve real-time data to its clients. It is not a development program in itself, but rather a tool used by the Flash community. It is "free," however, it will only allow 20 clients at once to be connected. You will also need a place to host it. You could host it on a PC on a broadband connection, but I have tried that and only get about 3-6 packets a second from the server. If you really wanted to use it, you would need a direct connection to the internet, about $1000 a month, or a dedicated host, about $100 a month.

Torque is an ok engine, but I'd recommend just jumping in to OOP for beginners.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Need some hardcore advertising on your game if you plan on $1000 a month internet...

Louissi
Louissi
66 posts
Peasant

Haha yeah, thats why dedicated server is a better idea

Showing 1-7 of 7