ForumsWEPRKONY 2012

86 28701
JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

I was dissapointed when I saw that no one posted this before me.

KONY 2012

As said in Description:

KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.

Joseph Kony have done bad things for over 20 years, but I think you didn't know about him.
Whatch the movie for more information.

This is probably the most important thing I've ever heard of.

• 86 Replies
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

A news for you people

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

^ I was actually going to post something about that. But from ElPresador.

shadowranger71344
shadowranger71344
4 posts
Nomad

Guys, Kony has been out of power for A LONG TIME. I think it was 70% of the money goes to the man that made the video. He's not a problem any more.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I think it was 70% of the money goes to the man that made the video.

i think the man that made the video. went crazy. haha xD
i mean realy? to much media make you run naked and shouting around town? (1 more guy for the crazy house)
djme
djme
125 posts
Shepherd

i mean realy? to much media make you run naked and shouting around town? (1 more guy for the crazy house)

i did not hear about that :O
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Apparently, the fact that the video drew up so much publicity shocked him to the point of making him lose his mind. It's sad that he has lost his credibility, but this is what happens when you try to change the world, when you have no idea what you are doing.

-Blade
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Forces children to kill and mutilate and makes young girls sex slaves is what I gathered from it, and he's been doing this for over 20 years

If I had that capability to do that, i wouldn't hesitate to take advantage of that. x]

/troll

I find the world's outrage at this a little late. It's embarassingly cheesy how late the reaction was. He ain't the only one doing that, ya know! :P
sirmed2
sirmed2
165 posts
Scribe

Hmm- sorry if I'm a little late to say so, but-

How many Kony arrests were there?
And how many Jason Russel arrests were there?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

How many Kony arrests were there?
And how many Jason Russel arrests were there?

Point being?
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Apparently, the fact that the video drew up so much publicity shocked him to the point of making him lose his mind. It's sad that he has lost his credibility, but this is what happens when you try to change the world, when you have no idea what you are doing.

-Blade

Although it's not an expert's opinion, one person on YouTube suggested that Jason was probably high on PCP. Let's face it, most people don't strip naked and jack off when they get stressed out. I highly doubt Jason did what he did out of stress. PCP, a drug that sometimes makes people strip naked in public, sounds much more likely.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

There are far more sources out there that detail about the LRA and Kony. You just have to look, he isn't a made up bogeyman.

I know he exists, but what I was trying to get at (before I learned more about him) is that this video seemed a little off. Of course, many people still scrutinize the true motive of this video as well. I have heard (I don't feel like sourcing this, but I'm sure you can google it) that only 33% of the money goes to Ugandan relief efforts... that raises the question of where the other 67% of the "donated" money goes.
frodo86
frodo86
474 posts
Shepherd

My question is, why do people care so much about this guy? He's just a dictator in Uganda. I don't know about you, but that has no effect on my life. Sure, people want him brought to justice but... they've been trying to do that for several years and they've failed.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

My question is, why do people care so much about this guy? He's just a dictator in Uganda. I don't know about you, but that has no effect on my life. Sure, people want him brought to justice but... they've been trying to do that for several years and they've failed.

Gives the guilt tripped average person on the street something to sooth his conscience I suppose. Moral cuddling.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Seems as if America doesn't need to feel obliged to send troops or whateva, since the African Union now mobilizes a 5,000-strong brigade to hunt down Joseph Kony. Good news?

I haven't heard of the African Union before, but I found their site and quickly browsed through the section African Union in a nutshell, and it seems ok to my rather uninformed opinion.

What do ya think of that?

xfirealchemistx
xfirealchemistx
370 posts
Nomad

I haven't checked into the KONY 2012 thing and I won't in the future. In about a month or two no one will post or care about KONY anymore. It's just fadtivism.

Showing 61-75 of 86