Okay, let me rephrase that.
How do I become a better sniper?

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 2:23am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

How do I become a better sniper?

Practice. Learn when the bullet will start to drop, try to anticipate enemy movement. Go into a server with a friend willing to let you practice on them. Or you can try an empty server and make a tree the target or something.

I'd suggest rush on the large maps like caspian border and kharg island. Operation metro is fine on the outside, but not ideal for snipers once passed those set of m-coms.

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 11:48am

vinster132

vinster132

5,505 posts

Operation metro is fine on the outside, but not ideal for snipers once passed those set of m-coms.

Also, if you're spawn trapped as a russian, snipe in the back area of the map where the building is. You aim at those two buildings at A dom. And you'll get plenty of kills. Operation Firestorm on rush/tdm is pretty good to in my opinion.

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 5:58pm

tukkasutka

tukkasutka

1 post

roger that

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 11:21pm

Eon9

Eon9

2 posts

Ha, well consequently those are the only maps I'm terrible at sniping.

Thanks for the tips. Just find it irratating to not have a straight pull bolt.

Posted Sep 16, '12 at 9:56am

Ikwinn

Ikwinn

1 post

BattleField is Awfull

Posted Sep 17, '12 at 11:03am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

Try these load outs if you haven't already:
Support class - ump 45 or p90 with red dot and suppressor, g17c suppressor, c4, squad frag. It's a great flanking and stealth class. The sidearm also has a red dot, so hip fire will be better on both weapons.

Posted Sep 17, '12 at 9:40pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,505 posts

I like to use the MP7 in support class. Just because it uses up a bunch of ammo and I can actually last with it so I need them ammo boxz. I also unlocked the G36c, it's doing pretty good. Got 25 kills in one match. Magnum was unlocked as well. I still need to try it.

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 1:29am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

The mp7 is an overall good smg, but you have to sacrifice a slot for extended mags. Smgs are ideal for close quarter combat, and to get close you have to be stealthy, which means using a suppressor. The ump-45 has a close range damage of around 34, so it only takes 3 bullets to kill up close.

The magnum is nothing compared to the rex; the rex has the same damage and higher fire rate, with around the same reload time. The magnum looks better, but the rex will get you more kills.

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 9:06pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,505 posts

For some reason, I don't like to be stealthy. I play Conquest/rush Metro and Canals TDM so, flanking is more difficult since I don't have a lot of choices to go. I agree, the UMP-45 is a good well-rounded gun. But extended mags on the UMP would be nice.

Reply to Battlefield 3

You must be logged in to post a reply!