ForumsGamesBattlefield 3

356 49521
GabrielLouis
GabrielLouis
14 posts
Nomad

Comment about Battlefield 3, How is it in your opinion? Graphics, Vehicles, etc.....

• 356 Replies
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

If I can't get one, I leave. Not fun running around for 10-20 minutes for a 10 second firefight.

I usually found those maps to be much better than that. I have a squad of my friends with 1 in air, me on ground and one friend on ground and various vehicles as they are found, and one friend sniping. We usually find fights regularly. The sniper spots most of the fights for us, and saves us if we get cornered. Go where the activity is.

Caspian though, it's all bad. Use above tactic on Kharg/Firestorm.
zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

What's you guys' favourite TDM maps? I really like Kharg Island.

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

I personally enjoy firestorom on TDM. A decent and relatively safe map to snipe in.
zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

Yeah, Firestorm's okay. But only because it has jets...

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I would say Canals 500% would be my favorite. One of the smaller TDM maps. So a lot of action going on.
matrixdiscoking
matrixdiscoking
130 posts
Nomad

any 500% map is fine with me other than caspian border and siene crossing my fav map of all time is operation firestorm

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

My Favorite conquest maps: Operation Metro, Seine Crossing, Operation Firestorm, Grand Bazaar

TDM Maps: Canals

SQDM: Canals, Metro, Tehran Highway

Rush: Metro, Grand Bazaar

zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

Yah, Canals is a good map to easily raise your K/D and level. My strategy there is to stay high, put some ammo boxes down and spam C4. Bit nooby, but I go atleast 30+ every match.

chives1
chives1
27 posts
Peasant

Canals 500% is great, so long as there are no real noobs camping in corners. Love using the 870MCS & defibrillator to rack up huge points and kills. Usually get around 150 kills and 30 revives or so, but I've been able to get 220+ kills and/or 45+ revives on good days.

As for other maps, Seine Crossing is great for TDM Sniping and Conquest. Caspian Border is good for later rounds of Rush, and Grand Bazaar is excellent for sniping both on TDM and Conquest. If only I could level up my jet, I would be all for Caspian Border's Conquest.

404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

BF3 definently gives the player alot more free rein than cod. I also like how you can choose different lobbies. If you are feeling just noshar canals, then you can look for a lobby with just that. and If you get dlc you don't have to wait forever for the game to find a lobby. I love the graphics as well. From time to time the graphics gets a little glitchy, but then I just leave that game and they are awesome again. Alot more realistic too, you shoot a bullet a mile away and it is gunna drop, I don't care what round you are using.
All in all. BF3 10 Cod 6

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Yah, Canals is a good map to easily raise your K/D and level. My strategy there is to stay high, put some ammo boxes down and spam C4. Bit nooby, but I go atleast 30+ every match.

I circle around the map. Take out campers on the train tracks. And I continue on around the map. I try to avoid the middle of the map since it's all a death trap. But I still go through it anyways. But I've noticed that I've had to go try heard whenever I play Canals. You know those shotgun noobs.
From time to time the graphics gets a little glitchy, but then I just leave that game and they are awesome again.

And the sound glitch. While the M-COM is armed I don't hear the beeping sounds sometimes.
zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

Love using the 870MCS
Noshahr and Canals is unacceptable D: It's the combo everyone hates there, also DAO and SPAS.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Which is why I go on "No Shotguns" servers. Then, there's only about 1-3 people using shotguns. I can tolerate that. Not 12 people on the other team suing the DAO-12.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

TDM is too fast paced for me. I used to solely play that when I got BF3, but that was before I realised how fun rush and conquest were. I mostly stick to the city maps, occasionally jet/heli maps if with a friend for some variety.

chives1
chives1
27 posts
Peasant

Which is why I go on "No Shotguns" servers. Then, there's only about 1-3 people using shotguns. I can tolerate that. Not 12 people on the other team suing the DAO-12.

I also don't like people spamming shotguns in the center of Canals, but using a defibrillator racks up huge points when you have teammates in the center having a shotgun war. You can't switch and reload that fast using other types of guns with a defibrillator than shotguns, and I need that reload interruption to be able to gradually reload extended mags on my MCS while reviving.

I would also like to add that the best secondaries for any class are the Magnum and the G-18.
Showing 166-180 of 356