Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Battlefield 3

Posted Oct 23, '12 at 9:11pm

chives1

chives1

28 posts

It was like running around in Skyrim with nothing between point A and B.

Exactly, except with an AC-130 shooting at you while you run or a dune buggy trying to run you over.

Posted Oct 23, '12 at 10:54pm

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

601 posts

If you don't, then why are you playing these maps? D:

It wasn't that I didn't have them, well, sort of.

You have team mates jack them before you can catch up, they destroy them for their entertainment, they break them, or they end up getting hijacked. At least, the spawns should have been decreased for vehicles on a vehicle-based map, or at least at deployment.

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 9:26pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,489 posts

When playing on consoles, yes. Those maps aren't very fun when you can only have 24 players in total.

Agreed, on maps (Caspian Border, and Kharg Island conquest) with air vehicles, I can never find players on foot.

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 9:44pm

ninjanick

ninjanick

71 posts

It wasn't a very good console port. Bad co. 2 was a little more balanced in my opinnion.

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 9:45pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

Two jets and an attack helicopter that can hold two, so that leaves 8 possible ground troops, and on those maps there are usually two-four vehicles to drive. No wonder people complain about big maps. I only ever play them on conquest so I can get more unlocks for the jet/heli. If I can't get one, I leave. Not fun running around for 10-20 minutes for a 10 second firefight.

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 9:48pm

ninjanick

ninjanick

71 posts

plus who thought that making the anti-infantry class also the medic was a good idea?
Who that that buffing the starting assult riffles to god tier was a good idea?
and who thought that I would buy 5 seperate $20 map packs?

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 9:53pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

and who thought that I would buy 5 seperate $20 map packs?

Premium.

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 10:04pm

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

601 posts

If I can't get one, I leave. Not fun running around for 10-20 minutes for a 10 second firefight.

I usually found those maps to be much better than that. I have a squad of my friends with 1 in air, me on ground and one friend on ground and various vehicles as they are found, and one friend sniping. We usually find fights regularly. The sniper spots most of the fights for us, and saves us if we get cornered. Go where the activity is.

Caspian though, it's all bad. Use above tactic on Kharg/Firestorm.

Posted Oct 25, '12 at 5:55am

zonic98

zonic98

485 posts

What's you guys' favourite TDM maps? I really like Kharg Island.

Posted Oct 25, '12 at 6:07am

Santi_

Santi_

444 posts

What's you guys' favourite TDM maps? I really like Kharg Island.

I personally enjoy firestorom on TDM. A decent and relatively safe map to snipe in.

Reply to Battlefield 3

You must be logged in to post a reply!