ForumsThe Tavern

F1 season 2012

Posted Apr 15, '12 at 5:09am

SSTG

SSTG

10,833 posts

Knight

Wow, what a race!!!
Racers passing, getting passed, re-passing! Non-stop action!
I wish Schumacher could have finished the race.
Hamilton passed Vettel with to laps to go, that was great!
:D

Posted Apr 15, '12 at 5:21am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,006 posts

The race started as a high expected feast of racing, but after a few laps quickly turned into a dull merry-go-round... the action only returned for the last 10 laps in the race and that was a bit of a dissapointment for me...

Biggest dissapointment was of course the early retirement of Schumacher due to (what I believe was) a failure with the wheel lock that forced the tire into the suspention and thus terminating his race... WHY can't the guy catch a break?! Geeeessshh... =(

Plus points for this race are short and simple... GREAT effort and result for Nico Rosberg! He had this coming for a while and finally was able to cash in the prize for all the hard work!

Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton did phenominal work on damage control with the 2nd and 3rd places in the race, making it a complete Mercedes podium for the first time this year!

Vettel struggled, was looking good for 2nd place a short time there, but finally had to give in and fold... awesome effort for someone driving a car that is way worse than last year's!

Raikonen made a gamble and lost... stupid, stupid, stupid! How can a team as experienced as Renault make such a critical mistake and choose to stay out, rather than get a final pit stop and secure a nice points-position?! I'll never understand... =/

Let's hope Schumi will retaliate next race and make it a Schumacher-fest with the hattrick because he deserves this for this work! So that's pole, fastest lap and a win! *fingers crossed* =)

Posted Apr 15, '12 at 1:08pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,006 posts

I knew that there was something I had completely forgotten to add to my previous post! (o.O)

Webber's Wheely!!

Man, that was E.P.I.C. shtuff! Hahaa!! =D

And he's probably on his way to make this his calling card or nickname, whatever you want to call it, because he has done it before! Only that time around it was a half 360 'Spanish Salto Mortale'... =)

I guess whenever a driver makes a wheely or a salto in the future, we'll be talking about him 'doing the Webber' huh?! LOL ;)

Posted Apr 21, '12 at 9:55am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,006 posts

And the first pole for Vettel is here! He finally made it into this year... and the fact that all cars are so close to eachother means a LOT of competition and thus excitement for the championship! YUZ! =D

Here are the final results for tomorrow's starting grid :

Starting grid 04/22/2012 : Bahrain International Circuit

( Pos - Driver - Team )

1. Sebastian Vettel - RedBull Renault
2. Lewis Hamilton - McLaren Mercedes
3. Mark Webber - RedBull Renault
4. Jenson Button - McLaren Mercedes
5. Nico Rosberg - Mercedes
6. Daniel Ricciardo - Toro Rosso Ferrari
7. Romain Grosjean - Lotus Renault
8. Sergio Perez - Sauber Ferrari
9. Fernando Alonso - Ferrari
10. Paul Di Resta - Force India Mercedes
11. Kimi Raikkonen - Lotus Renault
12. Kamui Kobayashi - Sauber Ferrari
13. Nico Hulkenberg - Force India Mercedes
14. Felipe Massa - Ferrari
15. Bruno Senna - Williams Renault
16. Heikki Kovalainen - Caterham Renault
17. Michael Schumacher - Mercedes
18. Jean-Eric Vergne - Toro Rosso Ferrari
19. Vitaly Petrov - Caterham Renault
20. Charles Pic - Marussia Cosworth
21. Pedro de la Rosa - HRT Cosworth
22. Pastor Maldonado - Williams Renault
23. Timo Glock - Marussia Cosworth
24. Narain Karthikeyan - HRT Cosworth

Surprises allover! Vettel's first pole!; Ricciardo did an AWESOME job with 6th!; Kovalainen steers the Caterham into Q2!; Schumacher eliminated in Q3 already?!; Alonso's car definitely NOT up to speed?; Massa flunked once again!

I wonder how long it will take for Massa to get kicked out of his seat by Ferrari... =/

Posted Apr 21, '12 at 10:07am

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

I need to get this out. F1 should not be in bahrain right now. The protests are still bad out there. Apparently, either Thursday or Friday night, some sort of explosive went of close to a car full of Force India team members (at least 1 of which has left the country because of it). Also, apparently earlier today they found a protester dead near the track. If there is that much going on near the track, there should be no way F1 should have even considered going to Bahrain.
/rant

Anyways, it seems Red Bull is back again. I hope it doesn't turn into absolute domination again. I'm a bit disappointed by Shumi's pace; nothing seems to be going right for him this year. I may comment more later, but I need to food.

Posted Apr 21, '12 at 6:35pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,833 posts

Knight

I hated this qualification! Nooo, not Vettel again! :O
And I agree that the F1 teams shouldn't go to these uncivilized countries who treat their people like garbage anyway.
I'm sure many European countries would love to have the Grand Prix there and I bet that even practice days would have a big crowds, unlike in Bahrain where there were nobody watching.

Posted Apr 21, '12 at 10:59pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

Before the race in Bahrain, I'm sure most people didn't even know that country existed. Like you said SSTG, a lot of European countries would love a race. Bring back Portugal or France or San Marino. Those would be good races to see come back.

Posted Apr 22, '12 at 5:29am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,006 posts

I would agree with you on San Marino -Imola there waluigi! I've always missed that race on the F1 calendar ever since they stopped racing there soon after Senna died back in 1994... we should start a petition!! =)

Posted Apr 22, '12 at 4:03pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,833 posts

Knight

Did Redbull found a way to cheat again or is it only temporary?
I'm so mad that if I didn't like F1 so much I would quit watching it.
Good job to the Lotus/Renault team and shame on Mercedes for disappointing me again. >:(
Did I mention before how much I dislike Vettel?

Posted Apr 22, '12 at 9:53pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

I would agree with you on San Marino -Imola there waluigi! I've always missed that race on the F1 calendar ever since they stopped racing there soon after Senna died back in 1994... we should start a petition!! =)

Umm... the last race there was 2006. It hasn't been quite as long as you're thinking.

So Vettel wins again. I hope this doesn't become a regular occurrence again since I've seen enough of this last year. I'm more impressed by the pace of the Lotus cars. Kimi was right up on Vettel for a few laps before dropping back after pit stops. And Grosjean did just as well, catching up to the battle little by little, though he never actually made it. Perhaps Lotus will be able to win this year.
   On a side note, I love watching Kimi interviews and laughing at the lack of emotion.
   Also, I'm a bit miffed that Rosburg received no penalty for his aggressive defending moves on Hamilton and Alonso that forced both into the run off. That is incredibly dangerous to be doing.

Reply to F1 season 2012

You must be logged in to post a reply!