Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

F1 season 2012

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 9:15am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,077 posts

I was dreading but also expecting it yes... he stated that he doesn't have the drive, motivation and energy anymore to keep going. It simply takes too much energy to recharge his battery every time, so... =/

It would be a blast to have him end up one a podium once or twice during the final 5 races! That would really make all the critics shut up for sure! =D

Hint: He had the 5th clocked time during the first practice sessions in Japan... ;)

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 1:23pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,861 posts

Knight

Vettel on pole in the Suzuka Grand Prix qualifications, that's disgusting! Alonso in 7th, that's even worse! >:(

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 4:01pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,077 posts

I believe it's Seb's 3rd pole in a row on Suzuka even... (o_O)

And the stewards have been handing out penalties and repremands like it was candy! What's that all about?!?!

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 1:44am

SSTG

SSTG

10,861 posts

Knight

Alonso beaches the car on the first turn and Vettel wins again! >:O
What a nightmare!

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 6:24am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,077 posts

This race was a true dreaded nightmare's scenario...

It was uneventfull, some minor things happening set aside, but in the end Vettel won with boredom precision driving, Schumacher was not able to get back to the front far enough (1 more position... ouch...), Grosjean is a clear cut and complete danger to everyone in the field (moron! again...), Alonso did what he accused others from (what a fall from grace), but...

*switch to positive side*

The championship is now back in the saddle and full of excitement again, Massa got a deserving 2nd place that might give him some renewed confidence as he saved the constructor's points for Ferrari, Kobayashi did a tremendous job to steer the Sauber to 3rd place (whereas his -soon to be ex- team mate was a little too eager and crashed), Grosjean is being attacked verbally from all sides about his driving skills which is a good thing I believe. He is a danger and needs to be controlled...

Next stop coming sunday: Korea! Let's hope this will spice things up a bit... Schumi on pole?! LOL =P

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 12:55pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,861 posts

Knight

Yes but something important was missing, the flag girls! How dare they
deprive me of that extra enjoyment during the pre-race show. :/

Posted Oct 13, '12 at 2:52am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,077 posts

Yes but something important was missing, the flag girls! How dare they
deprive me of that extra enjoyment during the pre-race show. :/

LOL I'm sure PSY with his sidekick Hyuna and all the other girls will set that straight at the Korean GP tomorrow... with their Gangnam Style!!! LOL =P

Finally Vettel is not on pole, but even though I think Webber deserves it, I'm not too happy seeing him switching places with Seb to be honest...
This means that the Red Bull is gaining an advantage over the rest of the field and is working towards a dreaded end of the season: with a red-and-blue dominance over the pack and both titels in the end. I fear a 'show's over' for Alonso and Hamilton... =/

Too bad none of the other drivers could make a stand and surprise us... Hamilton 3rd, Alonso 4th and Kimi in 5th place is nice and might just make for a nice race, but considering the RB's are so quick, I'm crossing my fingers! Hopefully not in vain... ;)

Maybe Schumi can work his way up to the podium? *dreams* =)

Posted Oct 13, '12 at 1:03pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,861 posts

Knight

I'm getting disgusted with Red Bull, I thinks they managed to have a flexing front wing even though it's illegal. I hope they get caught and pay a big fine or get demoted. They are ruining the rest of the season and as if it wasn't enough, the Network Speed here in the US will not broadcast the Grand Prix after this season. :O
I wonder who stole the contract from them. They were doing an amazing job. I'm depressed about that as well.

Posted Oct 14, '12 at 5:28am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,077 posts

I've heard the rumours too, but the trouble is that they can't proove that RB has it and uses something illegal right now and thus they are able to ruin the championship again... =/

The first thing that came to mind when hearing the 'Korean GP' was "Whopa!", but... then I soon realised that I wasn't a big fan of this GP and it prooved itself once more! So I can conclude this GP into one clear word: booooooorrrriiiiiiiinnnnngggggg...

Vettel won (again?! Yuch!),
Webber 2nd (really nice guy, but no champion, sorry matey!),
Alonso 3rd (damage control is all the guy can do),
Massa 4th (where was he during the race?!),
Raikkonen 5th (See Kimi? The new exhaust wasn't that bad! OR... you are simply THAT good!)
Hulkenberg 6th (Great racing on his part! This guy is maturing nicely!)
Grosjean 7th (No comment...(X.X)
Vergne 8th (Good effort! Nice job!)
Ricciardo 9th (Why did you let Vergne pass?! Weird action there...)
Hamilton 10th (Not a good race, but plenty of show moments for you! Nice X-mas decorations... LOL)

Let's forget this race quickly and move on to the next, shall we?! ;)

India here we come! =)

Posted Nov 25, '12 at 1:55pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,861 posts

Knight

Well here we are, Vettel won by 3 points out of sheer luck so I'm totally disgusted.
Alonso did everything he could and beyond but thanks to this idiot Grosjean, he lost the championship.
On a positive note, Ferrari took second place in the constructors championship.
Unfortunately, nazi NBC outbid Fox so the races will be broadcasted by NBC.
I hope their coverage won't be as sub-par as their incompetent coverage of the Olympics.

Reply to F1 season 2012

You must be logged in to post a reply!