Title pretty much sums it up.
Used pen and paper + gimp.

http://i40.tinypic.com/10z0f9v.png

• 20 Replies
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

dude! kick face awesome alien!.nice.half horse half alien correct?

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

awesome!!!!!!

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I really like the picture but the texture that you put on I don't really like. Is there a reason you used that texture?

cabba
cabba
93 posts
Nomad

Not really I just thought it looked cool, I'll post it without the texture added once I get home.

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

Nice.

cabba
cabba
93 posts
Nomad

http://i43.tinypic.com/345j1cg.png

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

it looks like a centaur got abducted by aliens XD

jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

Cool, but kinda ugly.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Now, that's an alien. Cool shape, nice drawing and good detail. Although it will look cooler with handguns IMO. I'll see it to believe it. o.0

gnosiphile
gnosiphile
58 posts
Nomad

Cool alien! I love the tendrils as primary appendages.

Whenever I do aliens, I like to picture where they came from to think about how that would make them move. Since yours has eight primary appendages (discounting the tail), and because of those awesome tendrils, it kind of reminds me of an octopus. Since they don't have bones, how would it have the structure to move about on land, as yours appears to? Well, I'm picturing something along the lines of inflatable air sacs in the same relative shape and position as bones would be. If the creatures' control of the sacs only gives them a choice of empty or full, their movement could be kind of jerky as they inflate and deflate different "bones" in their bodies. But on top of that, it could be a confusing fighting style, if they deflate their arms and swing them about with loose, curving moves, kind of like whips or ropes.

Just some thoughts in case you were thinking about doing more with this. Neat stuff!

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Lol, that's pretty cool! I wouldn't want to meet that guy in a dark alley

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

Lol, that's pretty cool! I wouldn't want to meet that guy in a dark alley

lol yes XD btw there are lots of ppl i wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley: chuck norris, Usama bin laden, my teacher :O
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Whenever I do aliens, I like to picture where they came from to think about how that would make them move. Since yours has eight primary appendages (discounting the tail), and because of those awesome tendrils, it kind of reminds me of an octopus. Since they don't have bones, how would it have the structure to move about on land, as yours appears to? Well, I'm picturing something along the lines of inflatable air sacs in the same relative shape and position as bones would be. If the creatures' control of the sacs only gives them a choice of empty or full, their movement could be kind of jerky as they inflate and deflate different "bones" in their bodies. But on top of that, it could be a confusing fighting style, if they deflate their arms and swing them about with loose, curving moves, kind of like whips or ropes.

Many animals have multiple limbs, or/and multiple eyes. This ain't much of a problem. Seeing as the alien has clear joints, it must have an internal skeleton of some sort. If it wouldn't have, the limbs would have to be much more robust and less angular, unless gravitation is weaker.
The tail also hints at a possible backbone structure like our vertebral column, or maybe a more developed 'chorda dorsalis'(notochord). Which would explain the repetition of elementary modules (->multiple limbs).
It has several eyes facing frontally and thus probably is a predator (which is even more supported by it's swords XD), since it has great 3D vision in one direction.
And I guess it's hairlike tendrils could either be sexual display, meaning it reprocudes sexually; or it could be ranking attributes, hinting at a social structure with other individuals. Thermo-isolatory reasons are improbable since it's only on the head.

..sorry, I'm bored..
blakebos
blakebos
10 posts
Nomad

Have you guys ever read a book with aliens in and then saw the movie and the alien turns out to be completely different?lol

polarrage
polarrage
6 posts
Nomad

it looks like a centaur got abducted by aliens XD

Yea, i have to agree :P its nice though
Showing 1-15 of 20