ForumsWEPRDo you think that communist ideas our being taught in the school system?

35 11591
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

In the communist manifesto they talk about situational ethics

EX. Youâre on a boat with 3 people, yourself, an old man, and a pregnant woman, the boat is sinking and there is an island 15 miles away and you have a life boat that can carry 2 people who do you take?

Do you think this stuff is in the communist manifesto?
Do you think its in our schools?
And do you think it matters?

• 35 Replies
bigmac258
bigmac258
103 posts
Nomad

NO offense but thats a pointless question the gov wouldnt allow it just look at how we reacted to spread of communism during the cold war

apollo98
apollo98
5 posts
Nomad

depends. Are you from the united states, europe or former american colonies? if so, probably not.

90 posts
Nomad

After taking Civics, I have developed the opinion that the idea of Communism is good on paper, but that because of human nature a utopia of the Communistic sort is impossible in reality. Some people will always want to be above others.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

No, but my teachers don't like it when I rant about how communism will be the death of us in half of the papers I'm supposed to write. That's probably a sign...

Seriously though, no it's not, or I'd probably be in jail right now for killing my teachers. They teach about the system of communism, and a few acts passed are remarkably communist, but overall, no it isn't.

_DC_
_DC_
17 posts
Nomad

Communism only works if most of the country does not abuse the system ergo if they were to teach it , it could never work because eventually one or more government official would try to abuse the system and then everybody would and eventually crash it.

Showing 31-35 of 35