ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAre you a performer?

9 3910
RaiderDawg
RaiderDawg
158 posts
Nomad

If you are a musician, actor, dancer, comedian, magician, or other performing artist, post here and tell us what you do, how long you've been doing it, what kind of performances you give, etc.

• 9 Replies
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

this should be under movies and music, art ad music is for posting your work.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Yup, skull nailed it. I really think the name should be changed to ORIGINAL Music and Art. Anyway, I am a musician and guitarist. Anyway, move this to that section. Thanks!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Eh, I never post this kind of thing in "movies and music" because commonly on forums, such refers only to &quotopular culture".

Arguably, the actual participation as a performer is the generation of art and therefore counts as valid discussion in this subforum, but then on the other hand other forums also frequently have such threads in the "Movies and Music" subforum setting a precedent. But I'm not a moderator, so I'll leave this decision up to them.

While this thread remains open then, I'll bite. I've been performing since young so I perform in several aspects:

* I just got home from a concert. I play French Horn with the local youth symphony orchestra as a bit of a hobby...I've been playing the horn on and off for like 11 years or something (though most of those I barely touched the thing) and any opportunity to play music is fine by me.

* My main instrument is piano and to this end I've done all kinds of things, from musicals to accompanying work to solo recitals (including performances of original compositions, so nyeh :P) I've been playing it for more than 16 years and since I do professional work, I consider myself to be a professional musician (that even sometimes gets paid for his services), although it's not my primary career.

* I also breakdance (much to the bemusement of my classmates and family), and while the crew I'm with are still new, we plan to represent at the local events starting next year!

Aids247
Aids247
58 posts
Nomad

HAHAHA I LOVE MUSIC

razzmonk
razzmonk
496 posts
Nomad

I'm a flutist in my high school band and we play concerts and marching parades and marching band competitions.

CDAWGSHEE
CDAWGSHEE
79 posts
Nomad

i play guitar i have played solos for awhile now just for my neiberhood tho

jalex12
jalex12
195 posts
Nomad

wow

god_of_classic_rock
god_of_classic_rock
299 posts
Nomad

I play eletric guitar in my band

Marshos211
Marshos211
11 posts
Nomad

Well, I played tuba for 9 years in school, and joined choir my junior year, and that started my performing career.

I was the lead in both shows I was in, the Beast in "Beauty and the Beast" and Don Lockwood in "Singing in the Rain."

Now, I go to DePaul University's School of Music for voice and music education, and since being there I have performed all throughout the Midwest with DePaul A Cappella, and I have done two operas, "Gianni Schicchi" by Giacomo Puccini and "L'Orfeo" by Claudio Monteverdi. I am a freshman right now, so I'll have a lot more to post in the coming years!

Showing 1-9 of 9