ForumsSupport ForumMost questions answered

6 1890
yz125
yz125
256 posts
Peasant

This topic is based on the main features of the site for newcomers. So as in you don't have to search through 100 topics looking for just one answer..... This will probably be takeing down later on, hope not lol, would be a waste of my time .... P.s. Any other questions just message me.
Games:
1.Are you Action , Adventure , Arcade , Shooting, Puzzle and Skill , Stategy , Sports , or Misc.

2. You can click a categlory on the bar that says Armor Games or type in Example : http://armorgames.com/category/*then but one of the game categlory's above.*

3. There is also a search bar under the categlorys that says "Search Armor Games ", click on that and you can search for a game your looking for .

2. Or type in your browser " http://armorgames.com/search/ " after search/ put a game your looking for like , Example : http://armorgames.com/search/Free+Rider+2/ , make sure you add the + to space apart the title of the game.

1. Play the game.

How to favorite a game.

1. Go to the game you like.

2. On the game page that loads up you will see above the screen of the game a little icon of a "Plus sign and a Heart. Click on that once and it will be saved to your favorites.

1. Your favorite Game Catelog will be located on your page by your messanger. Enjoy!
Armor Points "AP".

1. Armor points can be rewarded by posting comments on games and rating games.

2. If you want to take your time and check over spelling and grammer , you can earn merits.

3. A merited comment most contain , Why you liked it or disliked it, rating and oppinion on the game, and a conclusion. Must have perfect grammer i beleive and spelling. Also you can get 20 points pergame you submit. Most likly your not gunna lol.

2 . Saddly I do not know if you can get a merit on a fourm.

1. Getting AP unlocks Wood , silver , and gold placks, and also Armatars,

Where to find Armatars

1. Click on Control Panel

2. Or type this in your browser http://armorgames.com/account/ then when it loads up the first thing you will see is "EDIT PROFILE" , across from that you will see Armatars. Click on that and click an Armator you like.

1. Again AP unlocks Armatars.

Mostly played games/new games

1. Go to armorgames.com/

2. The newer games are located in the very middle of the page .

1. The most played games should be located on your very right.

How to find Featured games

1. Go to armorgames.com/

2. And on the main bar that says "Armor Games" , look down a little and you will see Fetured Games. Click on that and you will see a list of fetured games.

1. Play a fetured game.

Posting a fourm.

1. Once on any armorgames page right under your profile icon and control panal you will see "Community"

2. Click on that and you will see a list of diffrent categlories.

3. Think of an idea that is not taken yet, then find the proper categlory .

2. Click on the categlory you wish to submit a fourm in. Then you will see at the top of the page Submit Topic...

1. Once you click on that , write about what you want to write about then submit.

BBCODES

http://armorgames.com/bbcode/

very useful.

STORE:

1. Under your profile icon, and the logout button, you will see Store.

2. Or type http://armorgames.com/store/ then you can order stuff based on this site and games.

1. Some of the things in the store are pretty cool check it out.

News:

1. Right next to Community you will see a news button click on it and check up on new armorgames news.

Help:

1. Right next to store and blog you will see "Help" , click on that and you can send a message to AG.

2. If you don't have accses to your email , you can contact a Admin or Moderator.

1. If you want go to armorgames.com/user/carlie , i think shes inactive , but you can go to her friends list and find another moderator and message them .

Having trouble with abusive users:

1. If your having problems with abuse on the site message a moderator with his username and link to his/her profile. Ussually report a person who is cussing alot or harrassing people for no apparent reason.

Spamming:

1. Spamming is constintly messaging the same thing over and over or just typing any thing under 8 words long, will count as spam. Spaming can result in a ban.

Need more help Message Yz125 or click http://armorgames.com/user/yz125/

Thanks

• 6 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I don't know why you would type all that out, when a guide is already in place, but eh.

Some things:
Spamming does not necessarily have to either be short or copypasta. It can consist of offtopic posts, irrelevant posts or otherwise posts that does not belong in a thread or does not have any proper content. You can easily write a paragraph, that offers nothing to the reader.

Reporting has its own sticky in the newcomer's section, but quite obviously no one reads the stickies. You left out an important piece of advice, which would be "Do not engage in conversation or arguments with someone you want to report." Don't go 'I'll report you!!', don't try to troll them, don't act like a jerk. Just report and ignore.
Same goes for threads that needs locking. Report, and ignore. Or ignore. Don't go be all minimod pointing out the obvious. It's spam, it's annoying and you are helping no one.

As for the help, the help page is kinda lacking in actual help, I would instead refer people to the AG guide or the stickies, as they tend to be more helpful, and contain links to moderators and admins, and instructions for reporting, glitch issues and what not.

Bbcode: We have a descriptive sticky for that too.

Posting a thread: It's not a forum. A forum is what you post the thread in. This would be a thread, the community is the forum.
Also, best advice: Lurk. Lurk. Lurk some more.

Otherwise a lacking and annoying thread to read, the structure was awful and it is hard to navigate.
You might need to practice before making another thread like this.

yz125
yz125
256 posts
Peasant

Would like to mention , if you read the first para. of this thread it stats " You don't have to search for a thread for an hour." For example if i was looking for how to Rate a Game. You would just simply look for the thread but there are over 300 threads to look over , to be more exact on the number 9478085 estimated 9500000. So yea , what you just posted is considered trolling , you obviously just try to point out every mistake when infact i wasnt tring to point out ever detail of how to play on a site.

It's obvious you need more practice on on how not to troll, again there is no structure , I i was going in order if you actully read the whole thing , from comments to Ap to other features on the site.... I'm also pretty sure no one is gunna go and tell someone "Ohh i'm going to report you". Not everyone is that stupid lol . And most of the stuff I stated within this thread was based on what i've learned over my six years of being on this site , Yes i have 2 accounts one in 2006 and in 2008. And about the spam, considering i have been baned for this lol, all the admins told me where "Spamming is , you writing less then 4 words and that might simulate previous comments , so yea copy and paste as in that" . I never did that though lol.

Summury : I was'nt tring to point out every feature of the site , kind of annoying to even read this trolling message about the flaws i was'nt tring to point out.

Trolls are people who constintly try to point out flaws or get attention, and are quite annoying , agreed?? LoL. Not tring to be insulting , i was just tring to point out some of the main features , but not every feature with in the feature. lol

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Would like to mention , if you read the first para. of this thread it stats " You don't have to search for a thread for an hour." For example if i was looking for how to Rate a Game. You would just simply look for the thread but there are over 300 threads to look over , to be more exact on the number 9478085 estimated 9500000. So yea , what you just posted is considered trolling , you obviously just try to point out every mistake when infact i wasnt tring to point out ever detail of how to play on a site.

Barring your fascinating obsession and exaggeration of numbers, if people just opened their bloody eyes to look, we won't have so many questions, and so many half-baked attempts at guides.

So yea , what you just posted is considered trolling , you obviously just try to point out every mistake when infact i wasnt tring to point out ever detail of how to play on a site.

You not trying to point out every detail of the site if inconsequential when we're talking about the mistakes you made. You make mistakes, we can point them out. Period.

It's obvious you need more practice on on how not to troll, again there is no structure , I i was going in order if you actully read the whole thing , from comments to Ap to other features on the site....

Your ''guide'' lacks structure in that it was horribly organized, jumping to and fro and typed out with no systematic sense of order whatsoever.

Trolls are people who constintly try to point out flaws or get attention, and are quite annoying , agreed?? LoL. Not tring to be insulting , i was just tring to point out some of the main features , but not every feature with in the feature. lol

Cen does not aim to get attention, which part of his post said so? Clearly, someone here is under grand disillusions of reality, making up assumptions on the spot, and labelling someone a troll when they just point out errors.

If you read the whole post that Cen thoughtfully wrote out, you would see that everything he responded to was pertaining to points raised in YOUR ''guide'', and he WASN'T making any unrelated additional points. So, learn to read, and learn to accept criticism, instead of acting like the petulant and temper-throwing person you seem to be now.

Summury : I was'nt tring to point out every feature of the site , kind of annoying to even read this trolling message about the flaws i was'nt tring to point out.

What Cen addressed in a nutshell:

Spam, and why your definition of spam is not entirely covering.
How to report and when to report, covering the bits you don't have fully.
BBcode already has a sticky.

Essentially, just pointing out mistakes you made, and not bringing up more points.

I'm also pretty sure no one is gunna go and tell someone "Ohh i'm going to report you".

You'll be surprised. Apparently your six years here has not taught you everything.

all the admins told me where "Spamming is , you writing less then 4 words and that might simulate previous comments , so yea copy and paste as in that" . I never did that though lol.

Less than 7 words usually. See, how can you even write a guide without even grasping the rules fully?

LoL. Not tring to be insulting ,

Oh sure, you were totally not going on and on about Cen being a troll.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I know, Nicho went over this already, but:

Would like to mention , if you read the first para. of this thread it stats " You don't have to search for a thread for an hour."

Yes, because stickied thread, that are permanently locked at the top of the topic listing, with their bold and informative titles like "Guide to AG" are what you use hours to look for.
If you do, you are using the forum wrong. The information is right there, explained and with illustrations.

what you just posted is considered trolling

If you think that is trolling, please do leave the internet. Pointing out what you did wrong, not only so you can do better, but also to not confuse the newbies you wrote the thread for, is not trolling. I was not baiting you, I was not trying to make fun for you, nor was I insulting you or trying to get you banned.

I'm also pretty sure no one is gunna go and tell someone "Ohh i'm going to report you". Not everyone is that stupid lol

Yes, someone is going to do it, yes, someone is that stupid. I would know it, I have had it happen to me.

And about the spam, considering i have been baned for this lol,

"Well, murder is, and I would know, since I have been arrested for it, killing someone with a knife". Just because you have been banned for one thing doesn't mean that it is the only definition of the word.

I am sorry, I can read, I don't need a summary of you being butthurt and misinterpreting what I wrote.

Dude, you wouldn't see a troll if they hit you in the eye with a dart, if that is your definition. Nor is one time "Constintly" [sic]. And, when you need to say you are not trying to be insulting, everyone knows you are trying your best to insult me. I have had worse. Troll is a first, for which I will applaud you, but I have had a lot worse.

So, let's take it again, in case you missed it again (when you have read my reply to your comment, which was uncalled for, considering this is a forum issue and not a personal issue, not to forget you are ignoring the advice I gave about reporting and ignore instead of engaging yourself with people you think are breaking the rules (trolling, real trolling, would be a bannable offence)):
Your thread, this here, is poorly constructed. It also lacks a lot in information, proper or otherwise, and it has already been done better. Please look over the things I have pointed out to you, switch off the arrogant, bratty behaviour, and remember them next time you are making a thread you want to help the world with.
Pretty please.

--

Apparently your six years here has not taught you everything.

I have been here, what, four... three and a half year?
Years means nothing, it's what you do with them...
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Apparently your six years here has not taught you everything.

I have been here, what, four... three and a half year?
Years means nothing, it's what you do with them...

Cen, that line was from me to him.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I applaud your efforts and your willingness to help out in the community, but we already have multiple stickies in both forums, as well as the Help page and the Forum Guidelines that take care of the general questions. We need more of this behavior around here, just not in duplicate thread form.

Showing 1-6 of 6