Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Is homosexuality right or wrong?

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 12:24am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,622 posts

Knight

Because, y'know, we don't have enough as it is

Technically, the Earth can sustain many more billions of people if arable land is used astutely.

But point is, that's not a half decent reason to chastise homosexuality as ''wrong''. What about couples who refuse to have children? Many of the Western nations have a below average birth rate, so are they wrong too?

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 12:33am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

It takes children away from the planet,

As stated many times before, gay=/=infertile.

And its just nasty at that.

And what your own parents did wasn't?

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 1:43am

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,800 posts

No single sexuality is right or wrong. Such a choice as preferred mate is a more opinionated one, not allowing the choice to right or wrong. So homosexuality is neither, heterosexuality is neither, bisexuality is neither, asexuality is neither.

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 4:21am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,854 posts

Yes, it is wrong. It takes children away from the planet, children that could grow up to do big things, like invent a flying car available to the public, or solve global warming for good. And its just nasty at that.

Oh, how sad, we won't get to 10 billion people because some people thought that they'd be OK being homosexual.
As in, who gives a flying bobstay that gays cannot procreate? They can adopt, which is win-win, and they keep the population lower (not by much, though) by either adopting or not having kids.
There will always be heterosexuals, it isn't like "let's allow gays to marry and be equal, ergo, we will all become gay!" and you are stupid to believe so. What is the point refusing them their love? They'll just become dejected, their work capacity will diminish, and they might kill themselves.

All because you thought the idea of liking someone of the same sex intimately was wrong and weird and unnatural. Rather like humans.

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 4:59am

handlerfan

handlerfan

194 posts

I'd just like to say that while I allow that gays have the right to live as they choose I find the idea of physical relations between men distasteful.

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 5:14am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,854 posts

I'd just like to say that while I allow that gays have the right to live as they choose I find the idea of physical relations between men distasteful.

You do realize women do the same?
As for your distaste, good for you, keep yer trap shut about it before you hurt some feelings and incite some suicides.

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 7:39am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

5,372 posts

"let's allow gays to marry and be equal, ergo, we will all become gay!"

you know i always found it funny. so many people say it in a way that makes me think they would be gay if it wasnt wrong. as if the only thing that make them decide (notice how homosexuality isnt a decision... is this a hint?) to be gay is the fact that its unacceptable by some. they talk about it as if its their own deep secret desire but they dont act on it because its "wrong".

news to you: even if you dont have sex with the same gender you are still gay if you want to, like to, or "fighting the desire".

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 10:31am

Fenrisle

Fenrisle

25 posts

The population argument personally amuses me whenever I see it. How sad we won't bring even more people into this world to suffer and to destroy the Earth.
* I'm certainly not making a generalization or discriminating against certain people and ways of thinking; I'm merely pointing out something interesting.

In any case, there is nothing immoral about any sexuality, so "right" and "wrong" don't apply in my view. I think that everyone should love whom they choose, however they were born or grew up; heterosexuality is predominant but not absolute in nature, as it is with societies. Taking the simple rights to be together, let alone marry, from people on the basis of what isn't even a decision most of the time is simply oppressive.

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 1:09pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

As in, who gives a flying bobstay that gays cannot procreate?

They CAN. GAY=/=INFERTILE. Not that it matters anyway, as we wouldn't prevent infertile heteros from marrying.

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 1:13pm

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,854 posts

They CAN. GAY=/=INFERTILE. Not that it matters anyway, as we wouldn't prevent infertile heteros from marrying.

Let me elaborate. Gays cannot procreate with EACH OTHER. Where did I state that they are infertile? Cannot procreate=/=infertile
Jeesh, you haven't read my previous posts in this place?

Reply to Is homosexuality right or wrong?

You must be logged in to post a reply!