Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Is homosexuality right or wrong?

Posted Mar 31, '12 at 4:47pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

5,378 posts

correct. but its not as if i can't dive into the ocean and swim as far down as possible, drowning, and leading to my death. the urge not to is what keeps me alive (for now). its not about will, i have several gay friends both male and female, and a lesbian living with me and my wife, ive asked them all these questions. all of my male gay friends have said that it would be extremely difficult for them to (do the deed) with a female, even if it was survival we were talking about. because humans have sex not just procreation anymore, but for pleasure as well, there is a mental side of the equation that would hinder their natural ability to reproduce.

i doubt there is a need to ask this question. its purely physical since we can control out thoughts. just like any guy can do it with his own hand, he can simply close his eyes and imagine it as a guys behind.

i see your point. but remember that dogs and most other mammals lower brain functions do not gain the pleasure from sex. of course we cant read minds, or talk to a dog, but it has been shown in nature that packs of wild animals do not just have children willy nilly, and only the most alpha males and females mate, thus creating the strongest offspring with the best chance to survive in this ever changing world. besides all of that, i do not believe that animals have the intellectual capabilities to understand things like population, and genetics, and evolution. i don't really understand why some people always use the excuse that some animals of lesser brain functions exhibit homosexual tendencies, they aren't really comparable, at-least, not for this discussion, humans have evolved out of that class. that would be like me saying that dogs have an amazing sense of smell, so you should too, or that badgers can eat rotten meat and dig large dens in solid ground with only their hands, so you have no excuse not to eat rotten meat and live in a hole.

thats because of the outcome. the alpha is usually the one who wins the fight so obviously the "Stronger" will reproduce.

and the things you mentioned are abilities and not parts of personality. when it comes to personality and instincts i think its ok to compare us to some animals. what oyu said are physical things that we just dont posses. besides, comparing us to animals was never an excuse to why its ok. its just the counter to the "unnatural" claim.

Posted Mar 31, '12 at 4:58pm

Wyrzen

Wyrzen

327 posts

I believe homosexuality to be wrong, though more in the 'marriage and raising kids' sense.

Now, I'm not here to trash on gay people or preach. I like gay people, I have gay friends who are really awesome.

Plus it is not my place to tell people what they are doing is/isn't right or wrong, all I'm saying is I personally don't approve of homosexuality, which is my opinion of which I am entitled to without proof, since it is an opinion.

Posted Mar 31, '12 at 5:00pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

5,378 posts

it would be nicer and make nore sense if you could actually explain why you have that opinion?

Posted Mar 31, '12 at 5:03pm

toemas

toemas

347 posts

[quote]also sais that eating shrimp, bacon and cutting your hair is wrong. of course, they choose to ignore those rules.

ummmmm... were not jewish we dont have to follow those rules if you are going to try to prove me wrong or make me look stupid please get your facts right first

Posted Mar 31, '12 at 5:06pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

5,378 posts

i am. you see, christians simply choose what they want to follow and ignore what they dont want to follow. thing is, what i said is true and the same page sais all those thing. of course you wont give up on your precious bacon will you?

Posted Mar 31, '12 at 5:11pm

Wyrzen

Wyrzen

327 posts

I enjoy bacon very much

And yes, I am one of those christian people who isn't a fan of homosexuality.

I can understand why you wonder why we are so close minded, but think, that's how we've been raised all our lives. We've been told for years and years and years homosexuality is wrong. So when one day when we express what we honestly think is right/true, we get really confused why everybody suddenly gangs up on us about our views.

I can understand disliking the people who physically deal with their homophobia...I dislike them too. And, like I said, I love gay people. Their pretty wrong. I just don't approve of the actual acts of homosexuality; I've been raised to think it's wrong, change takes time to be applied.

As the saying goes, "Rome wasn't built in a day".

Posted Mar 31, '12 at 5:16pm

reaperbackinaction

reaperbackinaction

91 posts

I can understand why you wonder why we are so close minded, but think, that's how we've been raised all our lives. We've been told for years and years and years homosexuality is wrong. So when one day when we express what we honestly think is right/true, we get really confused why everybody suddenly gangs up on us about our views.

i can honestly say i dont think anyone is trying to gang up on you. its more of a caring debate. we/they care what you and everyone believes, and think its our duty to enlighten you. do you think if someone was raised to believe that murder and **** were ok that would give them an excuse to be ignorant of the laws stating that it is not? just because you were raised to believe something does not make it true, and certainly isnt an excuse for ignorance.

Posted Mar 31, '12 at 5:16pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,305 posts

Knight

@Wyrzen
I won't rant on your personal opinion if you think this way, but please choose your sources carefully.. this page states virtually no real fact, those are mainly opinions and even pretty narrow-minded and arbitrary ones.

Posted Mar 31, '12 at 5:17pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

5,378 posts

I enjoy bacon very much

And yes, I am one of those christian people who isn't a fan of homosexuality.

I can understand disliking the people who physically deal with their homophobia...I dislike them too. And, like I said, I love gay people. Their pretty wrong. I just don't approve of the actual acts of homosexuality; I've been raised to think it's wrong, change takes time to be applied.

As the saying goes, "Rome wasn't built in a day".

first of all i was talking to toemas and didnt even think your christian.

i AM gladd thought that you can actually understand that what you think/feel is because of the way youve been raised. still, i do think that you should quickly get your own opinion using logic and objectivity (honestly if id act the way ive been raised id probably be outside threatening people, using people for money and being racist XD). as you can see, you werent able to base what you think on any logical argument and you can see that the problem isnt a physical one but an emotional/mental one that is yours personally.

also:

Their pretty wrong

what is that supposed to mean?

i also heard of gay christians and christians who actually dont believe homosexuality is a sin. and i wish i could find that article that takes those quotes and shows how they dont say its a sin.

Posted Mar 31, '12 at 5:26pm

Wyrzen

Wyrzen

327 posts

@ HahiHa
I'm sorry, I pretty much grabbed the very first page I googled, I recognize that it is a pretty crappy source for my opinion. I appreciate your consideration and politeness. I feel a debate is more successful if everybody respects the others. You guys might believe you are; I'm just having a harder time picking up those vibes.

@reaperbackinaction
No, if people were raised that way and committed it, they still have broken enacted laws and should be punished, and I agree with that. Ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it. However, when they are tossed in jail, they have no idea why they're there because that's what they think is okay....which I guess can be pulled back to my previous thought, possibly.

I don't necessarily think I'm...ignorant regarding homosexuality. If I was, I'd be asking about it or blindly proclaiming hellfire and ****ation or....something.

@thebluerabbit
I know you want me to back up my opinion...but...I don't necessarily feel I need to. I can go outside and proclaim Obama is Jimmy Hendrix reincarnated. If I do that, I'm obviously an idiot, but it's still my opinion, even if there is no facts.

Plus...and anti-homosexuality argument is pretty hard to back up, I have to say. Which is a big reason I can't find textual back-up; its hard!

On a side note, reCaptcha is driving me crazy because I am having a hard time reading the given words.

Reply to Is homosexuality right or wrong?

You must be logged in to post a reply!