Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Is homosexuality right or wrong?

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 4:52pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,260 posts

Knight

Homosexuality is definitely not caused by anyone. Homosexuals are homosexual the same way heterosexuals are heterosexual. You don't "experiment" with heterosexualism either, don't you? You just feel an attraction to one or another gender, and this is normal.

As FishPreferred said, there may not be a purely genetic origin. However, to my knowledge, sexual tendencies are settled at the latest during gestation, probably under epigenetic influence; hormones, mostly. In many animals, hormones, the location in the womb or temperatures during gestation can even determine the sex. So while genetics isn't everything, yes, people are actually heterosexual or homosexual when they are born.

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 5:06pm

Pazx

Pazx

6,125 posts

The whole "born with it" motif is really quite absurd. You cannot determine that someone will be homosexual until they are old enough to start thinking about these things. Genetic predisposition may exist, but it does not decide how that person will think and feel.

I prefer the whole "sexuality is fluid" mindset, as many people will find it does change.

people are actually heterosexual or homosexual when they are born.

Or, you know, a different sexuality.

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 5:18pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,260 posts

Knight

Or, you know, a different sexuality.

Or an other sexuality, right.

I prefer the whole "sexuality is fluid" mindset, as many people will find it does change.

Change? No, I prefer to see everyone as technically bisexual, and you can be confined to one end of the spectrum, or have a broader scope, or be at the middle, or whatever else.

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 5:24pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,716 posts

Change? No, I prefer to see everyone as technically bisexual, and you can be confined to one end of the spectrum, or have a broader scope, or be at the middle, or whatever else.

The issue with "technically bisexual" is the hindrance to both attraction to male or female, which we know sexuality to be more inclusive than just that.

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 5:36pm

Pazx

Pazx

6,125 posts

Or an other sexuality, right.

I hate to be pedantic, but representation is important.

This sounds like the Kinsey scale, which I liked for awhile, but it ignores other sexualities and reinforces the gender binary. It's generally accepted that sexuality is a spectrum, but having it based on bisexuality is problematic.

Also, a neat test.

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 5:44pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,716 posts

Also, a neat test.

F The test failed to match you to a Kinsey Type profile. Either you answered some questions wrong, or you are a very unusual person.

=(

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 5:48pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,260 posts

Knight

I guess you're right. So we would need a multi-dimensional space to more aptly represent sexuality.

But that's all very theoretical. We also need more research done on the developmental and psychological aspects of sexuality in humans.

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 5:59pm

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

1,558 posts

The whole "oh i was born gay it's not my fault" is just a huge cop-out and outright, plain ridiculous. The parents are the reason they're gay.

No. You may as well accuse parents for anorexic children and alcoholism in young adults, because if they didn't get it all from their parents, how else could it have possibly happened?

Sure, homosexuality doesn't harm others(you can say that) but it influences kids to experiment how it would be like to be gay.

No sane child is going to say "hey, let's see what being gay is like". You're treating sexual preference like some kind of narcotic dependency.

Every child needs to have one mother and one father. It's okay for a man to be moderately effeminate but that doesn't give them the right to do that which is abominable.

Effeminacy has absolutely nothing to do with the issue. What exactly do you mean by "that which is abominable"? Some sort of unspeakable Lovecraftian horror?

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 8:00pm

Fiends

Fiends

114 posts

No. You may as well accuse parents for anorexic children and alcoholism in young adults, because if they didn't get it all from their parents, how else could it have possibly happened?

It seems you're not understanding what i'm saying, i mean that since you're kid is a toddler that's where you should start showing what's right and wrong(homosexuality being the wrong thing) and anorexia and/or alcoholism doesn't have nothing to do with parents.

No sane child is going to say "hey, let's see what being gay is like". You're treating sexual preference like some kind of narcotic dependency.

Yet again, you didn't seem to understand me, i ment that if a little boy/girl sees a couple of men/women grabbing hands and kissing each other, the boy/girl will know that dating with a person from the same gender is possible, corrupting their mind.

Effeminacy has absolutely nothing to do with the issue. What exactly do you mean by "that which is abominable"? Some sort of unspeakable Lovecraftian horror?

Being gay is some sort of Lovecraftian horror.

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 8:18pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,253 posts

The whole "oh i was born gay it's not my fault" is just a huge cop-out and outright, plain ridiculous. The parents are the reason they're gay.

What if I told you homosexuality is not a choice made and that there are even two ways known to science that homosexuality is genetically driven?

(homosexuality being the wrong thing)

You're still claiming homosexuality is inherently wrong, yet have provided nothing to support your claims that it is inherently wrong. Where is the scientific article peer reviewed by Ph.D's in their field that recorded a study showing homosexuality is inherently wrong?

It seems you're not understanding what i'm saying, i mean that since you're kid is a toddler that's where you should start showing what's right and wrong(homosexuality being the wrong thing) and anorexia and/or alcoholism doesn't have nothing to do with parents.

What if I told you the chance of alcoholism is amplified if the mother drank while pregnant? Would you then figure out this line of reasoning is wrong?

i ment that if a little boy/girl sees a couple of men/women grabbing hands and kissing each other, the boy/girl will know that dating with a person from the same gender is possible, corrupting their mind.

And this is a bad thing how?

Reply to Is homosexuality right or wrong?

You must be logged in to post a reply!