ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 385654
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
Kaidou16
Kaidou16
20 posts
Nomad

Leviticus 18:22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; it is detestable.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Romans 1:26-27 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A mean reaps what he sows.

The above verses were taken from an NIV Bible.

Homosexuality has been immoral since the beginning. Back in Moses time, when there was homosexuality happening, they would take the people involved in that sin outside of camp, and kill them. Just because homosexuals don't get the same punishment now, doesn't mean that there will never be punishment for them. It's called Judgment. Homosexuality is wrong, and that's my point of view on it.

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

Homosexuality has been immoral since the beginning.

Except for the Greeks and Romans, and probably a lot more that I don't know about.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Homosexuality has been immoral since the beginning. Back in Moses time, when there was homosexuality happening, they would take the people involved in that sin outside of camp, and kill them. Just because homosexuals don't get the same punishment now, doesn't mean that there will never be punishment for them. It's called Judgment. Homosexuality is wrong, and that's my point of view on it.

in that time it was also a sin to not kill the people you went to war with and have mercy on them and the person who would have mrcy would get killed if he was found. you agree to that? we keep asking you the main question that you cant answer and until you answer that question with facts and logic anything you say is meaningless. what is bad? what is morraly wrong?

also have you noticed what is written in the same place you took that from? it is also saying that eating bacon and cutting your hair is wrong. but that means YOU will get hurt doesnt it?

http://www.jacobboglewrites.com/2010/03/homosexuality-and-christianity-and-why.html

you know its funny how people just choose some things from the bible to protect what they believe in and ignore the things that would hurt them.

its even more funny when you take something from the OLD testament and while the jews believe in the old testament only most of them dont even think it has nothing to do with the reason you took the sentence for. id say before you even give us your "reasons" you do more research about your own belief (which from what ive seen people who dont believe in it know more then you do). ive even found an article that shows ALL anti-homosexual places in the new AND old testament and explains how they actually have nothing to do with homosexuality. unfortunately i cant find it anymore.
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Except for the Greeks and Romans, and probably a lot more that I don't know about.

Homosexuality has also been acknowledged in China since ancient times. Actually, it is believed homosexuality was pretty popular in some dynasties.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

It is morally wrong though.

wrong in your morals, but your morals are not the morals of your neighbor.
why do you want to force your morals on your neighbor?

btw i think it's kinda funny that religious people say it's all against god. while the 1st known homosexuelity was done as a prayer to god. and that wasn't tghe only time there have been quite alot religions in the past that used homosexuelity to make god happy.

isn't that funny/ironic?
nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

saying homosexuality is wrong when your straight, is like saying being "African american" is wrong when your white... Just because there different than you doesn't mean you get to decide that its wrong. And for those using bible passages.. Maybe your whole religion is wrong.. So since i believe its wrong I must be right? how ignorant and arrogant are you? Oh wait thats right, your catholic

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Leviticus 18:22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; it is detestable.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Romans 1:26-27 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Exodus 21:7 - âIf a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as menservants do. 8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, he must let her be redeemed."

I just hate it when my woman slave doesn't please me.

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - "If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity."

Women hitting mens genitals? Off with their hand.

Leviticus 20:9 - "Any person who curseth his father or mother must be killed."

My parent's are absolutely annoying the hell out of me. Oh no, better kill me.

Exodus 35:2 - "For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day you shall have a holy day, a sabbath of complete rest to the LORD; whoever does any work on it shall be put to death."

My store doesn't close on the Sabbath, i work it every week. I AM A SINNER.

Do you catch on to my point yet?
The laws in the bible were for a society entirely different than ours. Times change and your view is narrow minded. To argue you believe in Leviticus, you must believe EVERYTHING in Leviticus, and if you do, you should have probably been killed several times, because the laws regarding every aspect of life are ridiculous, mainly in relation to food etc.

Good luck facing the world with a view like that my friend, you'll need it.
Kaidou16
Kaidou16
20 posts
Nomad

The laws in the bible were for a society entirely different than ours.

And that means that they don't still affect us why? Homosexuality is wrong. The end of it.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

And that means that they don't still affect us why? Homosexuality is wrong. The end of it.

Why is homosexuality wrong? Because some dusty 2000 year old book says so? That ain't a good enough reason, buddy, if I wrote a book now saying that Christianity should be outlawed completely then how long until it becomes a valid opinion and one that people should follow? 10 years? 100 years? 1000? In fact, wouldn't it be less applicable as time goes by, because society and social opinions move forward - just accept that the Bible isn't compatible with modern society and get the **** over it.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

lol, not it isn't, not even close. you still haven't answered many of the counterpoints to your ridiculous claim, and your indoctrination prevents you from seeing how stupid the old biblical laws (no offense, rabbit) are in modern society. you can't choose to be gay, and anybody who believes that it's a choice only thinks that way because their blasted book of fallacy says so (exact type of logical fallacy: argument from antiquity, mixed with a little argument from authority. it means that because the bible is old, you automatically give it credibility, but the fact of the matter is that old things tend to be out of date, and must be updated, like so many appologetic christians are doing today, or replaced. the bible is an antiquity fallacy, meaning that just because it's old, that doesn't mean it's credible). PROVE to me why homosexuality is wrong (bible doesn't count, nor your indoctrinated drivvle), and then answer all of the counterpoints that have been put on the table. I'm sick and tired of christian zealots cherrypicking arguments, and then set up straw men to make their argument seem credible. ANSWER THEM ALL!!!

Jeez!

-Blade
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Homosexuality is wrong,

You say this and then read off verses. That doesn't make it wrong.

W
h
y

The Bible is not a reason. The Bible is saying it's wrong, because it's not natural (but it is) and because God made man to lie with women (but he didn't).

Give us a REASON. You know, something that speaks for itself...?

Why should a person's personal preference be considered wrong?

Homosexuality is wrong. The end of it.

No, that is not the end of it. Your homophobia does not decide what other people can and cannot do.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Huh. I don't really rip on Gay people I just don't think it's right Y'know?

...you just proved one of my previous claims right. thank you.

That soulless thing was just a joke... And besides the soul and spirit differ.

again, prove that either exists.

You make a good point, Really what is the problem with it? (Well I mean just don't like say something like "Die you retard!" That's a bit much) Sure I dislike gays but I mean they're still people, that's like going out and killing/injuring some random guy.

ironically, christians have done that before. case and point, the crusades.

I never ever meant being against just love.

2nd time you proved said statement, thanks again.

That's just the ones you care to put up a fight with, I post other stuff too.

...if you've checked, pretty much all of your claims have been opposed. kalidou's as well.

I'm no racist, it's on the inside that matters, and on the inside Gays are Gay.

and blacks are black, jews are jews, and all that other irrelevant bull-crap.

I'm actually Christian.

*facepalm*

CATHOLICS ARE THE ORIGINAL CHRISTIANS, AND THEY FOLLOW THE TEACHINGS OF THE BIBLE MORE CLOSELY THAN ANY CHERRY PICKING PROTESTANT DENOMINATION I'VE SEEN SO FAR!!!

it's capital, so you won't misread it whatsoever.

-Blade
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

You make a good point, Really what is the problem with it?

You can't rip on someone for the color of their skin or their sexuality because they're both things that people are born with and have no hand in choosing - it's not like people suddenly wake up one day and think "...Y'know what, today I'm going to be gay AND African-American - spice things up a little".

I'm actually Christian.

Catholicism is widely accepted as a branch of Christianity, *******.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

That soulless thing was just a joke... And besides the soul and spirit differ.

They do? What does that have to do with limbo?

That's just the ones you care to put up a fight with, I post other stuff too.

Like what?
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Fine. ****ers. Is that more accurate?

ain't you one? if not, then are abnormal
Showing 226-240 of 1146