ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 385613
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Be an animal act like an animal and don't get offended if someone calls u an animal

Okay, I won't?

It is far less % than mental illness which is considered odd or unnatural(I don't know what the word is)

A) Who said mental illnesses are considered unnatural? Considering many of them are naturally occurring (schizophrenia, autism, ect), they are natural.

B) It is a smaller percentage of which mental disease? Because plenty, such as schizophrenia and autism again, effect 1% of the population or fewer.

and you want people to consider being homo normal?

Yes

fine give a middle finger to morals as u consider yourself an animal

I never said I was an animal. I actually defined what set "humans" apart from "animals", our brain. We being no better than animals doesn't mean our mannerisms are different.

and tell me why you expect people to consider being homo normal when they don't consider ppl with mental disorders(who are five times more than homos) normal?

Who considers mental diseases unnatural? Your argument is completely flawed because

A) The only people who would call a mental disease unnatural are close minded and insensitive people. Mental diseases are natural and are not controllable by the person who has it, so criticizing someone with a mental disease is like laughing at a disabled person for not being able to run.

B) For the above reason, replace mental disease with homosexuality. Homosexuality is also genetic* and while the slight difference is that you can look past it and act straight, doing so is the equivalent of a straight person acting gay. Neither side would be happy having to preform those actions.

*plenty of evidence supports this, so unless you go get yourself a PHD in a relevant biology field, I'm not sure you can say this is wrong.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

You're just pulling statistics out of your *** here, aren't you? And as I said, just because something isn't common, doesn't mean it's unnatural or wrong.
actually i'm pulling stats out of americas ***
google it!

Again, pulling stuff outta your ***, I think the only person here that has something wrong with their brain is you - I'd advocate shooting yourself in the testicles, it won't solve the problems with your head, but at least you won't be able to indoctrinate your children into a life of hatred.

HaHa! tue Irish lass.
but seriously most of the homos I met in my life were emotionally and/or unstable and were usually neglected as a child.
For the above reason, replace mental disease with homosexuality. Homosexuality is also genetic* and while the slight difference is that you can look past it and act straight, doing so is the equivalent of a straight person acting gay. Neither side would be happy having to preform those actions.

If its genetics then it is an anomly or a mutation and is a disease same as sickle cell anemia.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

If its genetics then it is an anomly or a mutation and is a disease same as sickle cell anemia.

Except that it's been studied by physcologists who say that it's fine. Yup. Turns out being homosexual does hurt anyone, and therefore cannot be classified as a mental disorder. And if it doesn't hurt anyone... How is it like a disease? And an even more important question would be, why are you against it?
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Okay, if every mutation is a disease, then every single cell in your body is the result of a diseases.

Every child has about 150 mutations from their parents genes, so every body is born with 150 diseases.

Also, by comparing sickle cell to homosexuality, then I assume all attributes you gave homosexuality also apply to sickle cell. You think sickle cell it is immoral to have sickle cell and that people are giving into their immoral desires by having it.

You're also admitting that it isn't a choice, and therefor people should not be looked down on for having it. If you still hold that people should look down on homosexual people, then you are also applying this to sickle cell since they are both diseases.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Unnatural: Contrary to the ordinary course of nature; abnormal.
Not existing in nature; artificial.

Immoral: Not conforming to accepted standards of morality.
What? Oh, ****! Someone call all the philosophy students! They're wasting their time! All these discussions can be solved by looking at the first definition on dictionary.com!

Morality and naturalness are complex philosophical ideas. I know homosexuality is neither unnatural or immoral (which are two discrete categories), but citing an extremely narrow pseudo-definition is not a good way to prove it.

You don't declare anything is immoral. Moral relativity still applies, so read page 26.
But read my post on that page. It's more informative and doesn't attempt to ascribe to unhelpful and hypocritical notions of moral relativism.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Okay, if every mutation is a disease, then every single cell in your body is the result of a diseases.

Every child has about 150 mutations from their parents genes, so every body is born with 150 diseases.

Also, by comparing sickle cell to homosexuality, then I assume all attributes you gave homosexuality also apply to sickle cell. You think sickle cell it is immoral to have sickle cell and that people are giving into their immoral desires by having it.

You're also admitting that it isn't a choice, and therefor people should not be looked down on for having it. If you still hold that people should look down on homosexual people, then you are also applying this to sickle cell since they are both diseases.

u did notice an IF in my statement did'nt you?
Except that it's been studied by physcologists who say that it's fine. Yup. Turns out being homosexual does hurt anyone, and therefore cannot be classified as a mental disorder. And if it doesn't hurt anyone... How is it like a disease? And an even more important question would be, why are you against it?

Because its unnatural,out of ordinary, have health risks with it and generally the Idea is disgusting
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

You're an animal too, numbnuts.

what's numnuts?
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Because its unnatural,out of ordinary, have health risks with it and generally the Idea is disgusting

0_0 Did you... not read anything that was said...

Okay. Is it just that you don't believe us? Should we bring links or something? Or... What... You said you thought it's unnatural and we disproved that. You said it has health risks, I don't think it does, but if you're sure, could you please name a few? And as for the disgusting part, well, I'm not really sure how to respond to that.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

HaHa! tue Irish lass.
but seriously most of the homos I met in my life were emotionally and/or unstable and were usually neglected as a child.

they were probably unstable because their parents hated them for their orientation. what you did is a correlation=causation fallacy. in other words, you thought their abuse made them gay, but more likely, it goes along the lines of them being gay caused their abuse.

think about what you say before you say it, punisher.

-Blade
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

they were probably unstable because their parents hated them for their orientation.

their parents did'nt know it
don't make assumptions
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Because its unnatural,

No it's not unnatural, we find it appear quite often in nature. Particularly in mammals which humans are part of.
As pointed out time and time again even if it was unnatural this does not make it wrong. If you do think anything unnatural is wrong I do suggest you get off the internet.

out of ordinary,

No it's not out of the ordinary. As pointed out it's found through out animals, particularly mammals. Given this it would be out of the ordinary for humans (being mammals) to not display this behavior. As the norm for mammals is to have a percentage of it's population to display this behavior.

have health risks with it

heterosexual intercourse has health risks involved with it. What's your point?

and generally the Idea is disgusting

Again we are back to our riveting preschool arguments.

what's numnuts?

Urban Dictionary

numbnut; A *******. A person of questionable intelligence, usually a male for obvious reasons. If reason is not obvious, perhaps you are a numbnut.

;Correct spelling of numnut. Normally used as an insult meaning idiot. However, also implies that the recipient is a coward, sterile or impotent. A combination of numb and nut, where nut is a slang for testicle. In other words, a man who cannot feel his testicles and acts accordingly.

;A person of severely limited intellectual prowess, or extremely lacking in everyday common sense.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

their parents did'nt know it
don't make assumptions

remember "every gay i met had something wrong with his brain"? who is the one making assumptions and actually think what he knows is a fact unlike the person who said &quotrobably"

by saying itsa desease you pretty much look down to psychologists. if you know nothing about the subject you really shouldnt talk about it as if you know everything.

as said, something is natural when animals in nature do it so it IS natural. and if by natural you mean natural for humans then all of us have something unnatural and can be eye colour, skin colour, likes and dislikes.

it has no health risks at all if you do it safely and has the SAME health risks as a straight couple who practices ana l sex.

and lol disgusting is subjective and many people do not think so. we all think that many things we need are disgusting.

as said, its easier to say something is wrong with someone else so you wont feel as if your the one with the problem. you follow what oyu believe in and nothing else matters. if psychologists would say its a desease you would actually give us that as proof but when its the other way around you simply ignore it and think that your knowledge beats scientists.

i do have to tell you though homophobia is NOT seen in animals so how can THAT be natural lol? and do look at the bigger picture. society is more accepting every day. many races, religions who what not arent as hated as they used to be. today being racist in a public place would probably make YOU look bad and not the person you tried to insult. its just a matter of time (and i personally do believe its not in the far future) until people will stop being homophobic in public so THEY wont get bashed.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

also lol just had to say it

today world has become stupid

reminds me of:

"the text book is wrong and i am right"

or

"its the world that is moving, not the train i am riding"

or

"im not getting taller, the entire universe is shrinking"

point is the last thing you want to say in an inteligent argument is that the world is wrong and you are right
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Still Homos are a disgrace to human race and no matter how much politically correct you try to be, calling someone gay is always gonna be an insult in most of the cases.
Speaking of doctors, they are the same doctors who used to suggest Heroin as a remedy for coughing.
-------------------------End of story---------------------------------

Showing 301-315 of 1146