ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 384185
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Arguing that homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry because then there'd be less people is fallacious on at least two levels.

1) Just because it would be allowed doesn't mean that everyone would suddenly become homosexual.

2) Homosexuals aren't going to reproduce whether or not they get married. Saying that allowing homosexuals to marry will decline the birth rate is ridiculous.

3) We don't need more people on this planet anyways.

and it really wouldn't make sense for a gay couple to have the exact same rights as a straight couple. simply because they are not the same.

What about the marriage isn't the same? It's the officially recognized union of two partners. This doesn't change because it's a man/man or man/woman.

i mean i do not have the same rights as a woman, i cannot get pregnant, just as she cannot fertilize an egg.

This is relevant how?

therefore how could the consequences both positive and negative be the same?

What consequences would be different than a heterosexual marriage? For all intents and purposes, an infertile couple is the exact same as a homosexual couple. They are unable to reproduce and have decided that they want to be together.

as the issues are completely different.

They are not.
reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

What about the marriage isn't the same? It's the officially recognized union of two partners. This doesn't change because it's a man/man or man/woman.

yep, but i didn't mean not able to union, that is why i clarified by saying
and it really wouldn't make sense for a gay couple to have the exact same rights as a straight couple. simply because they are not the same.
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

i agree that gay and straight couples are diffrent and that they should have diffrent rights because of there gender and i do think that homosexuality is unatural and dare i say wrong but the way i look at my veiws of homosexuality dont matter because equal rights for all people means epual rights for all people no exception and homosexuality is only in question because it is not defined by the constitution so in all truth i support homosexuality simply as i wish to preserve the freedoms of my fellow americans and if it is a matter of religios veiws may i say do not judge for thow shalt be judged in heaven as you judge others and to people who arent American i apologize but i think thats kind of the direction here

zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

I'm Jewish. Should I not have the same rights as a Roman Catholic? We're different after all...
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

yep, but i didn't mean not able to union, that is why i clarified by saying

That doesn't clarify a thing.

i agree that gay and straight couples are diffrent and that they should have diffrent rights because of there gender

Why should that make a difference? They are still two people who love one another and wish to commit to being with each other, sounds pretty similar to me. They just wish to have the same rights to be able to do the things a committed couple can do.

and i do think that homosexuality is unatural and dare i say wrong

That's already been demonstrated to be completely inaccurate.

but the way i look at my veiws of homosexuality dont matter because equal rights for all people means epual rights for all people no exception

I'm glad you're at least willing to put those views aside. But this does seem to directly contradict your views.

Oh and on a side note, try using a few of these when constructing sentences --> .?!
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Well the reason i state that is for a couple of reasons i mean its not realy important things at all its just details for example surogate mothers and certain things like this just some stuff that needs to be accounted for.Its not realy the rights of the couples at all

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Its not realy the rights of the couples at all

How isn't it the rights of the couple? That is after all what is being denied when a couple is not allowed to get married.
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

i beleive i strayed from my original point or you misunderstood what i typed when referd to the diffrent rights i meant more like certain problems that arise between same sex couples because of that fact they are a same sex couple and certain things may get complicated and it should be thought out ahead of time

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i beleive i strayed from my original point or you misunderstood what i typed when referd to the diffrent rights i meant more like certain problems that arise between same sex couples because of that fact they are a same sex couple and certain things may get complicated and it should be thought out ahead of time

examples...? i cant think of any problem that would be more complicated in a gay couple then a straight couple.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

examples...? i cant think of any problem that would be more complicated in a gay couple then a straight couple.

I usually chime in here all homo-defensive, but i have to point out there are many problems gay couples face that straight couples don't. The worst part of any relationship i've been in has been PMS. Girls tend to become insync when they spend time together. Having two girls PMSing at the same time, whilst in a relationship isn't pretty - straight couples don't get that ;].

When people spin this bull, i giggle. Why are they not the same? Because we have the same genitals, god forbid. Why should a straight couple get more rights when they can make marriage a joke - Brit and K-fed, Kardashian; whereas you get proper committed gay life-partners who wouldn't make a mockery out of the sacrament of marriage who can't join together to the full extent? Bull. Absolute bull.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

And it really wouldn't make sense for a gay couple to have the exact same rights as a straight couple. simply because they are not the same.

I am different from everyone in the US because I'm Serbian. I'm different than everyone in every other country in the world except for Serbians because I'm Serbian. Does that mean that I should have totally different rights than someone from the US, or Uganda or whatever other country? Everyone is different, one way or another. Banning something like marriage just because someone is different is retarded.

And as Jefferys said, gay people actually are very loyal to their partners, and respect marriages much more than straight people do. Just last week a friend of mine divorced after 3 months of marriage. And then I talked to my gay friend from high school, he's been married for 4 years already.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

And as Jefferys said, gay people actually are very loyal to their partners, and respect marriages much more than straight people do. Just last week a friend of mine divorced after 3 months of marriage. And then I talked to my gay friend from high school, he's been married for 4 years already.

I'm pretty sure statistically they would be the same "loyalty wise". Unless you have some research to reject my no difference hypothesis.
Also marriage is an outdated institution anyway the most positive aspect is how the laws see it and the benefits you get (not money oriented explicitly).
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure statistically they would be the same "loyalty wise".

I'd say given the cultural value of marriage and how people are 'expected' to do it (or feel expected to do it) I'd say that gay marriage, not having that kind of pressure (and in fact having the opposite in many a circumtance) would have statistically more successful marriages because of the additional commitment that should be (but not always is) required to marry in the first place.

Of course, I'm just putting this forward given what (limited) information I have, and haven't done any research, etc., but I find the reasoning for that hypothesis valid?

Also, Idslarson, please support your Point of View if you're going to express it -- it's the least you can do when you consider that you're saying that many people's way of life is "wrong".

- H
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

some one asked about examples of the problems that would arise among same sex couples well for one if both people get drafted as you may know they probably wouldnt end up together in the same platoon or what the surogate rights are if they choose to have a surogate child and all that and another thing im actualy pro gay but the way I come across may not seem like it so sorry if I offended anyone

unknown456
unknown456
47 posts
Peasant

Look if you wanna be straight go ahead, if you wanna be gay/lesbian go ahead and if your BI then you have NO reason to complain(sorry if that last statment seems racey) but I mean if people wanna be how they are then let them be who they want to be. I mean its ridiculus that people still despertly hold onto this old way of living that says that only men and women can be married, its the 21st century people come on its time to move on! Also on a side note I love how up in Britan (as it seems to me) that people over there are MUCH more accepting of this kind of thing than here in America where (again as it seems to me) it seems that if you do "come out" depending where you are you'll probally get harrased for the rest of your life. (Sorry for any spelling mistakes that I made).

Showing 541-555 of 1146