ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 384176
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

However, I will look at it form a evolutionary point of view.
An organisms point in life, from evolutions point of view, is to have lots and lots of babies. The more suited you are to your environment, the more babies you have. This is what makes evolution work.

A homosexual? That's a broken organism, one that refuses to have lots and lots of babies, like a healthy minded organism should.

Yeah, so.. ants and bees are all broken organisms and not world-wide spread a all. Right? Right?... thought so.

First off, evolutionarily speaking, there no goal to make as much offspring as possible. You just want to spread your genes. If you're infertile, you can still spread your genes by helping organisms you're related to, like sisters and brothers. That's why ant and bee colonies work so well, because every infertile worker or soldier is related to the queen.
Just to clarify.

Now about homosexuality.. so they don't appear to spread their genes? So what? Is this a reason to not treat them as any other human? Should they have less rights only because they don't pass on their genes? How sick is that? And why bringing this argument into discussion if you think it's not sick?

Morally? Homosexuality gets a pass from me. From a scientific point of view? My, what a rampant disease this is.

Um, it's not a disease, and it's not rampant. It's a condition that has always been around.
Oh, and is it morally right then to treat other people like lesser humans only because you don't like what they're doing in their private time?

After all, we have one hole that we both eat and breath with, causing the death of thousands a year...Probably.

We should be glad to have a second hole for pooping, unlike some very basic organisms
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

And why bringing this argument into discussion if you think it's not sick?

*if you think it's sick
Dredix
Dredix
2 posts
Nomad

In my opinion being homosexual is completely wrong. Nature did not intend for Men to Date men. It's just wrong thinking about it gives me the shivers. Although that does not mean that homosexual people should be treated differently they shouldn't as they are equal to every other person. Although having said that I would also counter act that by saying that I would definitely try not make friends with someone that was queer I wouldn't mind sitting down and eating with one but I wouldn't like it either.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

In my opinion being homosexual is completely wrong. Nature did not intend for Men to Date men. It's just wrong thinking about it gives me the shivers. Although that does not mean that homosexual people should be treated differently they shouldn't as they are equal to every other person. Although having said that I would also counter act that by saying that I would definitely try not make friends with someone that was queer I wouldn't mind sitting down and eating with one but I wouldn't like it either.

Cool story bro. Where's your actual proof nature didn't intend it?
Also, you probably know gay people - closet cases exist ;].
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

well its nice you think they deserve equal right but how do you know what nature intended to? if you look at nature homosexuality is everywhere and theres no such thing as "dating" either. if anything having only one significant other is unatural because most animals dont do it.

also, you DO know gays. they are everywhere and they dont even have to be closeted. the gays you dont recognize are "straight acting" and they arent that rare either.

also, the fact you wouldnt have one as a friend just shows that the nature explanation is just an excuse to defend that feeling (wont call it phobia YET). what do you care what your friend does in bed?
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Just a side note spinning from rabbit, kind of due to a conversation i had earlier.

Why is it people are pro-gay rights but anti having gay friends.
It angers me that people suddenly think that as soon as someone tells them they are attracted to the same gender, it automatically means they'll be attracted to you and want to try it on with you. This stereotype makes all gays seem a little promiscuous and makes the straight person in question apparently rather vain.

Obviously there's the "risk" (for use of a word) that your gay friend will have a crush on you - just the way a straight friend crushes on another straight friend. It's natural to have a slight spark with someone you get on with so well, mainly if that person is understanding, but sexuality shouldn't determine a friendship.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Why is it people are pro-gay rights but anti having gay friends.
It angers me that people suddenly think that as soon as someone tells them they are attracted to the same gender, it automatically means they'll be attracted to you and want to try it on with you. This stereotype makes all gays seem a little promiscuous and makes the straight person in question apparently rather vain.

Not sure if I'm making things up or not, but one of the reasons for that could be themselves. I think people generally tend to unconsciously project themselves into others, so for example if you treat someone bad you'll be more likely to expect that the other will treat you bad too, even though it might not be the case. Same for here: if you don't respect the fact that your counterpart is attracted to the same gender, you're more likely to expect that your counterpart will not respect that you're not attracted to him/her.

..... makes sense?.....
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

The answer is yes and no. If you are religious or just homophobic you will say its wrong, and if you say its right your probably not religious. I've noticed that most of the people dscussing the religious threads thats are atheist are pro-gay and the ones that are religious are anti-gay. This is one of those topics where you will just have to agree to disagree.

hmmmm not sure if i was redundant in my little paragraph.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

The answer is yes and no. If you are religious or just homophobic you will say its wrong, and if you say its right your probably not religious. I've noticed that most of the people dscussing the religious threads thats are atheist are pro-gay and the ones that are religious are anti-gay. This is one of those topics where you will just have to agree to disagree.

well first of all there are actually many religious people who think its ok to be gay and some are even gay themselves. same goes the other way around. atheists who grow in a society that keeps saying "gay" as an insult will eventually find the idea of being gay bad.

unfortunately this isnt a topic we can just agree to disagree because people are getting hurt. if people would quitely think its wrong fine, but they think that its a fact and that it should be illegal.
Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

just to be honest 95% of evryone i know thinks its wrong

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Not sure if I'm making things up or not, but one of the reasons for that could be themselves. I think people generally tend to unconsciously project themselves into others, so for example if you treat someone bad you'll be more likely to expect that the other will treat you bad too, even though it might not be the case. Same for here: if you don't respect the fact that your counterpart is attracted to the same gender, you're more likely to expect that your counterpart will not respect that you're not attracted to him/her.

Hmm, i guess i never thought of it that way. But isn't it still a little vain: You mind switching automatically to "Darn, they want me" as soon as the "I'm gay" comes out. I mean when my guy friends go "Shona, i'm straight" i don't go "Well we can't go out, okay?!"

I've noticed that most of the people dscussing the religious threads thats are atheist are pro-gay and the ones that are religious are anti-gay. This is one of those topics where you will just have to agree to disagree.

well first of all there are actually many religious people who think its ok to be gay and some are even gay themselves.

The rabbit is correct - many gay religious people here, many homophobic atheists. Society influences more than religion in my opinion.

unfortunately this isnt a topic we can just agree to disagree because people are getting hurt. if people would quitely think its wrong fine, but they think that its a fact and that it should be illegal.

I know everyone thinks differently about gay rights, but the end of your sentence is the best solution. Homophobia is never going to go away, homosexuality will never be fully accepted - but if people didn't act out, ans just gritted their teeth and let us get on, then the world might be a happier place full of lovely rainbow flags.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Its a hole that isn't meant for well you know and on top of that poo comes out of it it's just plain sick.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

However, I will look at it form a evolutionary point of view.
An organisms point in life, from evolutions point of view, is to have lots and lots of babies. The more suited you are to your environment, the more babies you have. This is what makes evolution work.

A homosexual? That's a broken organism, one that refuses to have lots and lots of babies, like a healthy minded organism should.

Well evolutionary biologists have another view.
Richard Dawkins explains how the gay gene was preserved

Its a hole that isn't meant for well you know and on top of that poo comes out of it it's just plain sick.

Just because someone is gay doesn't mean that have **** sex. Nor does being hetero mean that one doesn't have **** sex.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Just because someone is gay doesn't mean that have **** sex. Nor does being hetero mean that one doesn't have **** sex.

Not to mention lesbians are homosexuals too.. and *most*, me included certainly are not penetrating that part of our bodies.
Straight couples partake in **** sex. Why is it right for a guy to penetrate a girl there, but sick for a guy to penetrate another guy there?
sirmed1
sirmed1
56 posts
Farmer

Well evolutionary biologists have another view.
Richard Dawkins explains how the gay gene was preserved

That completely ignores my argument. I am pointing out how the gay gene is harmful to the organism- A %100 homosexual minded person does not want to reproduce- therefore, the organism is broken. How the gene survives is irrelevant; What matters is the gene itself.
Showing 616-630 of 1146