ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 384200
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
TheGenovesan
TheGenovesan
65 posts
Nomad

Forcing your ideals upon others is not how anything should be done. If people who are homosexual want to marry eachother, they should be able to do this. If you would stand up for african americans so they could have rights, stand up for animals so they could have rights, or stand up for others with less rights than the average person, then why would you not stand up for homosexuals? Are they that much lower than everyone else? do they deserve to be denied what many others are allowed? Just because religion speaks against this does not mean it should be denied what it deserves. If religion told you to brutally torture yourself, kill others around you, and excrete on top of your meals before eating them, would you hold this in these modern times? Religion is not law, marriage is for everyone. Can i not marry because i'm not religious? Homosexuality being right or wrong is not for anyone to decide, it is just what people who are homosexual choose to be. To deny that is to deny human rights.

Time2play
Time2play
4 posts
Scribe

[i] If religion told you to brutally torture yourself, kill others around you, and excrete on top of your meals before eating them, would you hold this in these modern times?
That is ridiculous, with religion you either believe all of it or none of it, a religion like that would either die in these "modern times" or change them, just as religion v.s. homosexuality will eventually do.

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

I think if you're born a certain way and you can't help the fact that you're different, than that doesn't make other people any better than you. Whether that means being gay or being born with a defect or even getting a disease in the midst of your life.

I just can't imagine how hard it is for gay people. Not only do they have to worry about a vast majority of people judging and degrading them based on how they were born, but coming to terms about telling everyone that they are in fact gay and having to worry about their friends and family treating them differently because of that.

I'm a self-conscious person. I'm one of many in this world. And putting myself in the shoes of a homosexual just sounds horrifying.

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

I'm a self-conscious person. I'm one of many in this world. And putting myself in the shoes of a homosexual just sounds horrifying.

[sarcasm]I know right, taking it up the *** mustn't be pleasant[/sarcasm]
Mehawk
Mehawk
1 posts
Nomad

I hate discussions like these. If you are homesexual then it's because you were born like this. Sounds stupid but that's the way it is.

I need to be honest, I don't like them either but I know that they exist.

Do you like spiders? Maybe you don't. Someday you need to face the reality and accept that they will be always around you.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

If you are homesexual then it's because you were born like this. Sounds stupid but that's the way it is.

Doesn't sound stupid at all. It sounds perfectly reasonable.

I don't like them either but I know that they exist.

For what reason? With your spider analogy there is reason to not like spiders as some can harm you and that can then be projected to all spiders. But this isn't that case with homosexuals. These people being homosexual won't harm or otherwise adversely affect your life.
argyle58
argyle58
4 posts
Peasant

Living in the real world, the question has many answers. If taken strictly from a moral standpoint and from religious training, yes, homosexuality is sinful, and therefore wrong. If taken simply as a behavioral act, is drinking or recreational drug use wrong? Maybe, but almost all of us have indulged at one time or another. History shows us that many cultures have accepted homosexual behavior, and that it had no more ill effect than any other licentious act. Personally, I don't care what others do in their own bedrooms, as long as they keep it there. I just know that it isn't for me.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

If taken strictly from a moral standpoint and from religious training, yes, homosexuality is sinful, and therefore wrong

Why should the religious viewpoint be enforced on those who aren't religious?

Personally, I don't care what others do in their own bedrooms, as long as they keep it there. I just know that it isn't for me.

Exactly. It really isn't anyone else's business.
Max000_Extreme
Max000_Extreme
113 posts
Peasant

What do mean by honosexual

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

If taken strictly from a moral standpoint and from religious training, yes, homosexuality is sinful, and therefore wrong.

From the moral stand point how is it wrong? Thing's aren't morally wrong by virtue.

What do mean by honosexual

Are you asking me? Even if not what do you think it means?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

wrong!

Want to elaborate? Or are you just here to spam?
christopher122
christopher122
19 posts
Nomad

Why do you think homosexuality is wrong? It is not a disease and it does not hurt anybody as long as sex takes place between consenting adults.

christopher122
christopher122
19 posts
Nomad

Religion often fails to recognise developments in science and has an aversion to things that are, on the surface, strange and therefore classed as "unnatural". But who is to say that humans are natural? We are the most unnatural creatures this earth has ever seen, even though homosexuality does exist in nature (about 10% of all animals). It is genetically predefined, and you cannot change it. It is not a sickness as it does not affect anybody's mental or physical abilities...

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

But who is to say that humans are natural? We are the most unnatural creatures this earth has ever seen

last time i checked, humans were still 100% natural organisms.
Jumpper
Jumpper
196 posts
Nomad

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

I think it is wrong as well but wouldn't judge people because of it they have there own choices they can have and i can't do any thing about it
Showing 706-720 of 1146