ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 384204
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

I can understand why you wonder why we are so close minded, but think, that's how we've been raised all our lives. We've been told for years and years and years homosexuality is wrong. So when one day when we express what we honestly think is right/true, we get really confused why everybody suddenly gangs up on us about our views.

i can honestly say i dont think anyone is trying to gang up on you. its more of a caring debate. we/they care what you and everyone believes, and think its our duty to enlighten you. do you think if someone was raised to believe that murder and **** were ok that would give them an excuse to be ignorant of the laws stating that it is not? just because you were raised to believe something does not make it true, and certainly isnt an excuse for ignorance.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

@Wyrzen
I won't rant on your personal opinion if you think this way, but please choose your sources carefully.. this page states virtually no real fact, those are mainly opinions and even pretty narrow-minded and arbitrary ones.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

I enjoy bacon very much

And yes, I am one of those christian people who isn't a fan of homosexuality.

I can understand why you wonder why we are so close minded, but think, that's how we've been raised all our lives. We've been told for years and years and years homosexuality is wrong. So when one day when we express what we honestly think is right/true, we get really confused why everybody suddenly gangs up on us about our views.

I can understand disliking the people who physically deal with their homophobia...I dislike them too. And, like I said, I love gay people. Their pretty wrong. I just don't approve of the actual acts of homosexuality; I've been raised to think it's wrong, change takes time to be applied.

As the saying goes, "Rome wasn't built in a day".

first of all i was talking to toemas and didnt even think your christian.

i AM gladd thought that you can actually understand that what you think/feel is because of the way youve been raised. still, i do think that you should quickly get your own opinion using logic and objectivity (honestly if id act the way ive been raised id probably be outside threatening people, using people for money and being racist XD). as you can see, you werent able to base what you think on any logical argument and you can see that the problem isnt a physical one but an emotional/mental one that is yours personally.

also:

Their pretty wrong

what is that supposed to mean?

i also heard of gay christians and christians who actually dont believe homosexuality is a sin. and i wish i could find that article that takes those quotes and shows how they dont say its a sin.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

@ HahiHa
I'm sorry, I pretty much grabbed the very first page I googled, I recognize that it is a pretty crappy source for my opinion. I appreciate your consideration and politeness. I feel a debate is more successful if everybody respects the others. You guys might believe you are; I'm just having a harder time picking up those vibes.

@reaperbackinaction
No, if people were raised that way and committed it, they still have broken enacted laws and should be punished, and I agree with that. Ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it. However, when they are tossed in jail, they have no idea why they're there because that's what they think is okay....which I guess can be pulled back to my previous thought, possibly.

I don't necessarily think I'm...ignorant regarding homosexuality. If I was, I'd be asking about it or blindly proclaiming hellfire and ****ation or....something.

@thebluerabbit
I know you want me to back up my opinion...but...I don't necessarily feel I need to. I can go outside and proclaim Obama is Jimmy Hendrix reincarnated. If I do that, I'm obviously an idiot, but it's still my opinion, even if there is no facts.

Plus...and anti-homosexuality argument is pretty hard to back up, I have to say. Which is a big reason I can't find textual back-up; its hard!

On a side note, reCaptcha is driving me crazy because I am having a hard time reading the given words.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

No, if people were raised that way and committed it, they still have broken enacted laws and should be punished, and I agree with that. Ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it. However, when they are tossed in jail, they have no idea why they're there because that's what they think is okay....which I guess can be pulled back to my previous thought, possibly.

not unless you explain them what and why they did was wrong. and in this case you cant explain homosexuals why what they are doing is wrong and because of that your opinion holds no basis.

I know you want me to back up my opinion...but...I don't necessarily feel I need to. I can go outside and proclaim Obama is Jimmy Hendrix reincarnated. If I do that, I'm obviously an idiot, but it's still my opinion, even if there is no facts.

but there has to be a reason why you think obama is jimmy. just like there has to be a reason why you think homosexuality is wrong. and since there isnt a reason (is there?) your opinion can be pretty much ignored.

and yes, the captcha is really annoying AND it doesnt help at all... they should just take it off
reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

@reaperbackinaction

I don't necessarily think I'm...ignorant regarding homosexuality. If I was, I'd be asking about it or blindly proclaiming hellfire and ****ation or....something.

i really hate that **** word filter, i agree on several points, but what i was referring to as being ignorant was the notion that its wrong. however this is an opinion just as it is an opinion that it is right, which is where i was trying to come in and say, its neither. i was postulating that it could be a completely natural by product or mutation . however, i do not believe that it is wrong, just not the norm. but as we all know, being not normal doesnt make you wrong, and if it helps your species advance it becomes the norm.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Plus...and anti-homosexuality argument is pretty hard to back up, I have to say. Which is a big reason I can't find textual back-up; its hard!

dont you think that means something? :P
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

dont you think that means something? :P

Noo! Galileo had a hard time proving the earth revolved around the sun and not vice versa! I just haven't found the right source yet

@thereaperbackinaction
Is anything really normal for the human race? Everything has stemmed from something different and weird at some point only to become accepted....but is it then truly normal?

Humanity is an interesting species.

And I agree, the word filter is irritating. I can understand when a debate degrades into cussing each other out, but when I want to talk about certain controversial subjects or actual words with 'unacceptable' swear words in them, it gets frustrating.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Noo! Galileo had a hard time proving the earth revolved around the sun and not vice versa! I just haven't found the right source yet

lol but he was trying to prove a fact and not an opinion. (and techincally it wasnt difficult for him to prove it, it was difficult for him to make them use sense (which actually is the problem of the other side of this argument XD)). good luck proving homosexuality is wrong? XD im sure even all christians can see that this will lead to a waste of time.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Well my honest thought is just to let whatever will happen happen. Obviously a conclusion will never be reached, as there can only be right or wrong and no grey ground, and I agree that this debate is really just a waste of time. Not like this specific debate, just arguing over homosexuality in general. Because nothing positive for both sides will be reached.
And yeah.

reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

let us consider for a moment, if you will, that nature is not forgiving. if this world were to fall into utter chaos, there would be no way for gays to have children. that being said, if nature would not hesitate to claim a fallen wolf, why should we choose to help those who have doomed themselves. through any means.

Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

well I jack off like 3 times a day on the weekends and it's crazy dude I really need to go out with a girl last time I kissed a girl and ever thought of having sex was last year in summer now it's almost been a year.

reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

ok, so wow. im not sure i have a counter to that. that sucks mate, good luck with that?

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

...I'm sorry?

But...what does that have to do with the debate on homosexuality? Kinda random if you think about it.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

let us consider for a moment, if you will, that nature is not forgiving. if this world were to fall into utter chaos, there would be no way for gays to have children. that being said, if nature would not hesitate to claim a fallen wolf, why should we choose to help those who have doomed themselves. through any means.

why not? first of all they havnt doomed themselves since they arent resposibble for being this way. second, they arent any weaker for being gay. even in a world without chaos, most chances are that gays WONT have children. and gay children arent children to gay parents either. and no one is asking for help. they ask for equality or at least being acknowledged and left alone.
Showing 106-120 of 1146