Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Is homosexuality right or wrong?

Posted Mar 27, '12 at 2:41pm

Dregus2

Dregus2

440 posts

Er.....no. 76 countries still list homosexuality as a crime

76 out of what? 1000? I take that as a handful.

Posted Mar 27, '12 at 2:52pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,666 posts

Knight

76 out of what? 1000? I take that as a handful.

There are only about 200 countries in the world. So that's about 1/4 of them.

Posted Mar 27, '12 at 2:55pm

Dregus2

Dregus2

440 posts

There are only about 200 countries in the world. So that's about 1/4 of them.

Yes I know it was an exaggeration. There are 193 countries currently in the UN and there are plenty of countries not in it. Not saying they are important or even known by common people but they are there.

Posted Mar 27, '12 at 3:00pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

76 out of what? 1000?

There aren't 1000 countries... there are 196.

But these numbers don't tell much, as there are a handful of countries that are miniscule and have populations of less than 50,000. There are about 80 or so countries who's population makes up less than .10% of the worlds population. There are also countries with extremely weak governments who's authority is either debated or isn't exercised at all.

And this doesn't either mean that the other 110 countries who haven't specifically approve or disapprove of it actually approve of it, it just isn't strictly illegal.

Posted Mar 27, '12 at 3:04pm

Dregus2

Dregus2

440 posts

There aren't 1000 countries... there are 196.

Ahem, I pretty much just said that. And being biased over Homosexuals is like being biased over other races. And we've gotten over that already... mostly.

Posted Mar 27, '12 at 3:06pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,564 posts

And being biased over Homosexuals is like being biased over other races

Bias isn't what you're saying it is. A bias is holding a view without considering other sides of the argument or issue.

What's going on isn't bias. It's blatant discrimination and suppression of rights.

Posted Mar 27, '12 at 3:13pm

Dregus2

Dregus2

440 posts

Bias isn't what you're saying it is. A bias is holding a view without considering other sides of the argument or issue.

I didn't even say what I think being biased means.

What's going on isn't bias. It's blatant discrimination and suppression of rights.

That's the same thing except for the rights part.

Posted Mar 27, '12 at 3:25pm

nonconformist

nonconformist

988 posts

Dont pick on the gay kids at school... In fact be friends with them.. Because there normally friends with all the hot chicks in school, and they'll put a good word in for ya. Easy in easy win...

Posted Mar 27, '12 at 3:35pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

Ahem, I pretty much just said that

Yea it's called ninjaing. You posted that while i was typing my post.

Posted Mar 27, '12 at 3:38pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,564 posts

Not quite the same.

"Prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair."

"The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, esp. on the grounds of race, age, or sex."

But alas, it is mostly semantics. I had assumed that you were using bias as in..."we shouldn't give so much attention and rights to homosexuals as this would be biased for them."

Dont pick on the gay kids at school... In fact be friends with them.. Because there normally friends with all the hot chicks in school, and they'll put a good word in for ya. Easy in easy win...

Lol. Hurray for positive stereotypes?

Reply to Is homosexuality right or wrong?

You must be logged in to post a reply!