Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Is homosexuality right or wrong?

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 2:58am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,691 posts

Knight

Well god said we have are freedom of choice and thats the peoples choice to do what they want.

I can't say for the Book of Mormon but the Bible doesn't say this.

Do you believe that every word in the Bible and BOM is true?

Yes I do

Don't see how that's possible. Internally the Bible is contradictory. Further than that the creation of the Book of Mormon was at least in part based on claims that the Bible contained errors.

This would seem to make your belief system internally contradictory on a number of levels.

Worse than this you are getting your information from a third party without any means of verifying the validity of these claims made in these texts.

It would seem any position taken on such shaky information should be put to the wayside. For the sake of this post not being completely off topic, that would go for  the belief that homosexuality is wrong.

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 12:18pm

09philj

09philj

1,235 posts

Wait, I thought this thread was about homosexuality?

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 12:21pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

Yeah it is. But religion has always played a large role in whether it is ''right'' or ''wrong''.

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 1:21pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,591 posts

Considering that the vast majority of arguments against homosexuality come from religion, it's not off topic to discuss it really...

I mean, the only other reason that anyone has against homosexuality is simple homophobia which is largely from an abundance of misconceptions.

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 1:46pm

wontgetmycatnip

wontgetmycatnip

95 posts

Earlier in the thread, Page 96:

I think Homosexuality is wrong God wanted man and women to be with each other not man and man.

Earlier in the thread, Page 87:

I think it's wrong to be queer. Eve came out of Adam's rib, not anyone else. Females were made to be suitable partners to men. And that's how it's supposed to be.

Page 82 (Not explicitly religious, but implicitly so):

I think that we should show the TRUTH IN LOVE and teach them to change and see their faults and not just condemn them.
though that needs to happen in order to show them it is wrong. shunning them is not the answer but neither is keeping it ok when at terms with them.

Page 80:

I really don't care if two guys/girls are living together but getting married and having sex is just wrong. As a christian, I don't see why anybody would be homosexual.

Page 78 (not explicitly antigay, but implicitly so):

Jesus saves, doesnt matter what manner of sin your in, just invite Him in=)  God's Love is bigger then our love.

Page 67:

IT IS WRONG THE BIBLE SAYS THAT

(etc.)

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 11:28pm

404011xz

404011xz

218 posts

I think it's wrong, there are males and females for a reason. If it was meant for us to be together homo then they wouldn't of came up with boy and girl. But I don't really care what tickles your fancy as long as you don't bother me I'm fine.

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 12:38am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

5,011 posts

there are males and females for a reason

There are also hermaphrodites and creatures that reproduce asexually. What's your point? What is that reason?

they wouldn't of came up with

Who are "they"?

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 12:49am

Kasic

Kasic

5,591 posts

Who are "they"?

The underpants gnomes.

there are males and females for a reason

And? I'm continually baffled as to why anyone cares that homosexuality does not produce offspring. What does that have to do with how someone feels about someone else?

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 12:53am

404011xz

404011xz

218 posts

I'll just leave this forum. this is out of my comfort zone. I'll just leave it at I don't care as long as they don't bother me.

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 12:55am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

And that is the reason why gays are misunderstood. Because we don't bother to understand them fully.

Reply to Is homosexuality right or wrong?

You must be logged in to post a reply!