ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 383821
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

plus that homosexuality can be rather disturbing(e.g you are in an elevator and some guy looks at you lustfully).

Well, think about it the other way, the same reasoning if accepted, can be applied to heterosexuality - If a gorgeous woman feels threatened and disturbed that she's ogled by men, should it be criminalized? ._.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

and about homosexuality, I am against it, knowing that it is not the natural design for the human body, plus that homosexuality can be rather disturbing(e.g you are in an elevator and some guy looks at you lustfully). For me, that is.

not a natural design of the body? now i wonder, is this an actual reason? by that i mean, would you actually change your mind if it was proven wrong? i doubt it, so please, why give this as an excuse when your main reason is "its icky to me"?

if you claim that this isnt the natural design of the body then i would like to ask you 2 questions:
why do most animals do it?

and even most importantly: why do BOTH guys AND girls have a prostrate in their butts that would make them feel sexually good if it feels preasure? hmmm? going by your logic i can actually claim that both guys AND girls SHOULD have **** sex, gay or straight.

so yeah... please dont try to hide your subjective views behind excuses like that. we all know that you probably will not change your mind even if it was proven. just admit that you cant be argued with and that you dont have any logical valid reason for being against it. it will at least save the pointless argument in which the other side cant convince you anyway. (this isnt just for ajgelaga, its for many people).
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

knowing that it is not the natural design for the human body,

One of my best friends happens to have been born an XY female, primary female sex characteristics (normal-looking lady parts and body shape) lacking secondary (uterus/ovaries). By "natural design", do you classify by genetics or appearance?
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

@thebluerabbit; a lot of that simply isn't true, but the argument from nature is invalid for other reasons. You could say that it's natural to feed your children by puking into their mouths, or that it's unnatural to wear clothing. If these are not issues, why should sexuality be one?

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

@thebluerabbit; a lot of that simply isn't true, but the argument from nature is invalid for other reasons. You could say that it's natural to feed your children by puking into their mouths, or that it's unnatural to wear clothing. If these are not issues, why should sexuality be one?

thats not the point though. i havnt said "its natural so its ok". i simply used the logic of those who say "its not natural so its not ok" and showed a contradiction.

while you are right, you looked too deep into what i said and understood wrong.
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

while you are right, you looked too deep into what i said and understood wrong.

I was pointing out an even more blatant contradiction in their argument. In what way did I understand wrong?
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

In any case, the "unnatural" argument falls down if one considers how much of human creation is unnatural by that definition.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I'm just going to offer my opinion: I think it's fine. I don't see anything wrong with it, and I continue to fail to understand why people think it should be illegal.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I'm just going to offer my opinion: I think it's fine. I don't see anything wrong with it, and I continue to fail to understand why people think it should be illegal.

Honest Answer: Because they're intolerant ******** that are rooted in culturally/religiously inspired bigotry.

PC Answer: They've been told by their community since childhood that it's wrong to venture outside prescribed gender roles and they believe it's a moral transgression.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

I was pointing out an even more blatant contradiction in their argument. In what way did I understand wrong?

i just dont see why you responded to my comment and not his. you just pointed out a different contradiction in his argument
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

I'm not taking a stance on the topic of homosexuality being right or wrong.
Yet I have a question.
Estimated 20% (according to the Smithsonian) of the world population is homosexual.
I feel like if this is normal wouldn't it be closer to 40-60% of the world population being homosexual.
It is believed that you are born straight or not-straight. Which would means there is a 50-50 chance to be one or the other, so why are the numbers so lop-sided to one preference. Before it was less than 20% as this is a growing number.
What do you think?

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

It is believed that you are born straight or not-straight. Which would means there is a 50-50 chance to be one or the other

That's not how probability works. Also, "not-straight" isn't limited to "homosexual".
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

To elaborate on the probability thing, being "born blind" and "born not blind" is also a dichotomy, but the likelihood is not equal.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,251 posts
Regent

That's not how probability works. Also, "not-straight" isn't limited to "homosexual".

^this.

Before it was less than 20% as this is a growing number.

Who says that? And are you sure that is not just a bias from more people being open about it?
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

I'm not taking a stance on the topic of homosexuality being right or wrong.
Yet I have a question.
Estimated 20% (according to the Smithsonian) of the world population is homosexual.
I feel like if this is normal wouldn't it be closer to 40-60% of the world population being homosexual.
It is believed that you are born straight or not-straight. Which would means there is a 50-50 chance to be one or the other, so why are the numbers so lop-sided to one preference. Before it was less than 20% as this is a growing number.
What do you think?

like what the above says. yet even a better example. the amount of people with green eyes, gingers or AB blood types. in think some of them are even rarer then gays.

and are you sure its 20%? i thought it was 10 or even 5.

the numbers arent growing cause more people are gay or become gay. the numbers are growing because while gays were burned for being gay most of them wouldnt really be open about it while today the situations different.

people CAN lie and pretend their sexuality. so its just the fact that people feel better about coming out that makes the numbers grow. i bet the more time passes the higher the % will grow until it will reach a sudden stop.

it will actually be very funny to know the accurate %. 20% is ALOT more then i thought.
Showing 1126-1140 of 1146