ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 385319
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

But is it statistically significant? This is the question youâre not answering. And if you are not going to going to âwaste your timeâ finding proper sources, why point me to an improper one?
But my larger point earlier was that we as humans do have consciences and are not slaves to our instincts. This is what separates up from animals. Including the Bonobo!

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

But is it statistically significant?

I'd consider 3-10% statistically significant.

And if you are not going to going to �waste your time� finding proper sources, why point me to an improper one?

It's not improper. Probably 99% of all the stuff on there is accurate. It's just not accepted because people -can- change things.

Again, you can always check their sources if you're unsure about a claim.

But my larger point earlier was that we as humans do have consciences and are not slaves to our instincts.

And?

What about homosexuality is wrong so that we must avoid it?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

But is it statistically significant?

Being a common practice in said species is statistically significant.

And if you are not going to going to �waste your time� finding proper sources, why point me to an improper one?

Wikipedia is not an improper source. It contains a synopsis on information given from MULTIPLE sources. Check *those* at the bottom for the relevant facts you seek.

But my larger point earlier was that we as humans do have consciences and are not slaves to our instincts

Yes we are. We kill animals for feed. We breed to continue survival. We run away from spittle-drenched lions to save our lives.

This is what separates up from animals

We are animals. Our cells contain cytoskeleton and centrioles, which are evident on the Animal side of the Life Library.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

You can observe all types of behaviors in any animal or human but that does not make it normal behavior. We see deviant behavior in humans all the time. This does not make it natural. And Wikipedia is not a scientific journal and should not be used as a source to find �facts�

Actually, this kind of stuff happens all the time with Bonobos. They pretty much have sex for absolutely everything they do, it isn't deviant behavior but something that they do all the time.

Bonobo Sex and Society, from Scientific America, I think. Skip to the part "Make love, not war" and do some reading. You did ask for a scientific reading, and logically it would have a ton of reading to do.

Females also mate with females, males with males, really, they make with anything that moves.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

But is it statistically significant? This is the question you�re not answering. And if you are not going to going to �waste your time� finding proper sources, why point me to an improper one?

Oh okay. Here you go.

But my larger point earlier was that we as humans do have consciences and are not slaves to our instincts. This is what separates up from animals. Including the Bonobo!

Like the link said, these animals are intelligent, sensitive, emotional, and very close to humans. They aren't pure instinct. Also, you haven't proven that homosexuality is wrong yet, so why should our conscience tell us it's wrong? Mine doesn't.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

So, we've established that homosexuality is a natural behaviour that's found in many species, including human beings.

Any other reason why you disapprove of homosexuality? For the sake of good argument, I propose that we keep religious texts out of this, because the thread will just end up going in circles if we bring that stuff into it.

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

âSpittle-drenched lions to save our livesâ umm⦠I think anything would run away. But I could also choose not to run and shoot it with my rifle. And no and we donât have to breed we can choose to be homosexuals!
Interesting discussion, I have to go but I will research and post some things later

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

�Spittle-drenched lions to save our lives� umm� I think anything would run away. But I could also choose not to run and shoot it with my rifle. And no and we don�t have to breed we can choose to be homosexuals!

Wait, you can choose to be homosexual? Why don't you try it for us, right now? Just be homosexual for a second, I am sure your god will forgive you...

Interesting discussion, I have to go but I will research and post some things later

Actual research, or looking at what other people say and taking their opinion?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I think anything would run away.

Also known as INSTINCT.

But I could also choose not to run and shoot it with my rifle

You're a funny man.

And no and we don't have to breed we can choose to be homosexuals!

1)We do not choose to be homosexuals.
2)You don't *have* to breed the same as you don't have to run away from a scary lion. One side, you don't contribute to the continued existence of your species, the other side, you lose your life from not running away from a superior predator.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

me and my wife choose to not breed a bay. does that make us homosexual?
guess not
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

�Spittle-drenched lions to save our lives� umm� I think anything would run away. But I could also choose not to run and shoot it with my rifle. And no and we don�t have to breed we can choose to be homosexuals!

ok first of all, you dont choose it. second, homosexuals can have sex with the other gender while hetrosexuals can have sex with the same gender (thats their decision and to accept it of course).

you havnt answered the most important question: why is it wrong?

what makes something wrong? if you cant answer that your whole opinion has no point. what is natural? having red hair and green eyes is very rare. does it make it unnatural and wrong? natural=/=right. when judging weather something is natural or not in humans all you can do is compare them to animals. compared ti animals its completely natural. if you dont compare us to animals then how do you know its unnatural if you have nothing to compare too. there are many different kinds of minorities and pretty much every each and one of us is unnatural in a way.

all you just did was TRYING to fight our arguments but you couldnt give even one argument of yours that made sense.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Because if you look at human anatomy homosexuality does not really line up if you know what I�m saying

No I don't know what you're saying, explain.

The choice to reproduce or not is of no consequence to one's sexual preferences. This almost sounds like a straw man fallacy.

When you say "research" do you mean pulling crap off homophobic religious sites?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

The others have shown the significance of various sexual behaviour in bonobos, including homosexuality. Now let me tell you they very well can tell male from female apart, so there's no reason to think they're stupid.
They don't have a soul. So? We don't either. The concept of soul is your way to explain consciousness, and they have a consciousness too.
Homosexual behaviour is common among many other animals, in deep-sea squids it's probably even part of the most successful sexual strategy: because encounters are much more rare, and visibility very low, the males clutch their sperm patches on every squid they encounter, making no difference between male or female, so they don't risk to miss a female^^

As has been said, homosexuals didn't choose to be so, as much as you didn't choose to be heterosexual. It's all part of a certain variance in sexual orientations. I mean I even heard about people lately who are sexually attracted by objects... but really, are they doing any harm? Cannot two individuals be happy together independent of their gender? What is gender anyway, how d'you define that? It's not so easy, really; genitals are only a small part of one's gender. We should accept such variations instead of discriminating them on no basis and trying to enforce a 'natural state' that is anything but natural. I think we should actually make a line where sexual behaviours can actually harm other people, like paedophiles. But homosexuals don't harm anyone.

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

When you say "research" do you mean pulling crap off homophobic religious sites?

Why is R ape censored, but crap isn't?
Anyways, that's where most people get they're "sources" these days, sadly.

What percentage of the monkey population is actually performs these acts? And where are you getting your info?

Not really monkeys, but my (male) dog was once... Sexually assaulted by another (male) dog.

Bonabos may practice homosexual but they are animals they have no conscience or soul just an instinctive sex drive and are probably to dumb to tell the deference.

Humans are animals. It's just our brains are more evolved than those of other animals. Oh, and it's difference. Even monkeys know how to spell that.

I�m saying that they don�t have the brains or a conscience to know its wrong

Why is it wrong? Imagine if you were homosexual, and every single Christian said "Ohh unnatural!" just because you prefer having sex with the person of the same sex. And also, animals need brains to survive. And they don't need a conscience to stay alive and reproduce, it's an instinct.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural,

Why?

I agree. It isn't good at all.

Why?

What possible reason could you have for saying it is wrong?

so, if you say it is wrong you could say it is wrong for others to decide what they like by themself. if a man or a woman wants to be homosexual, why not? it would be against the human rights if you would not allow them to be homosexual.
Showing 16-30 of 1146