ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 384197
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Or an other sexuality, right.

I hate to be pedantic, but representation is important.

Change? No, I prefer to see everyone as technically bisexual, and you can be confined to one end of the spectrum, or have a broader scope, or be at the middle, or whatever else.

This sounds like the Kinsey scale, which I liked for awhile, but it ignores other sexualities and reinforces the gender binary. It's generally accepted that sexuality is a spectrum, but having it based on bisexuality is problematic.

Also, a neat test.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Also, a neat test.

F The test failed to match you to a Kinsey Type profile. Either you answered some questions wrong, or you are a very unusual person.

=(
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

I guess you're right. So we would need a multi-dimensional space to more aptly represent sexuality.

But that's all very theoretical. We also need more research done on the developmental and psychological aspects of sexuality in humans.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

The whole "oh i was born gay it's not my fault" is just a huge cop-out and outright, plain ridiculous. The parents are the reason they're gay.

No. You may as well accuse parents for anorexic children and alcoholism in young adults, because if they didn't get it all from their parents, how else could it have possibly happened?

Sure, homosexuality doesn't harm others(you can say that) but it influences kids to experiment how it would be like to be gay.

No sane child is going to say "hey, let's see what being gay is like". You're treating sexual preference like some kind of narcotic dependency.

Every child needs to have one mother and one father. It's okay for a man to be moderately effeminate but that doesn't give them the right to do that which is abominable.

Effeminacy has absolutely nothing to do with the issue. What exactly do you mean by "that which is abominable"? Some sort of unspeakable Lovecraftian horror?
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

No. You may as well accuse parents for anorexic children and alcoholism in young adults, because if they didn't get it all from their parents, how else could it have possibly happened?

It seems you're not understanding what i'm saying, i mean that since you're kid is a toddler that's where you should start showing what's right and wrong(homosexuality being the wrong thing) and anorexia and/or alcoholism doesn't have nothing to do with parents.

No sane child is going to say "hey, let's see what being gay is like". You're treating sexual preference like some kind of narcotic dependency.

Yet again, you didn't seem to understand me, i ment that if a little boy/girl sees a couple of men/women grabbing hands and kissing each other, the boy/girl will know that dating with a person from the same gender is possible, corrupting their mind.

Effeminacy has absolutely nothing to do with the issue. What exactly do you mean by "that which is abominable"? Some sort of unspeakable Lovecraftian horror?

Being gay is some sort of Lovecraftian horror.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

The whole "oh i was born gay it's not my fault" is just a huge cop-out and outright, plain ridiculous. The parents are the reason they're gay.

What if I told you homosexuality is not a choice made and that there are even two ways known to science that homosexuality is genetically driven?

(homosexuality being the wrong thing)

You're still claiming homosexuality is inherently wrong, yet have provided nothing to support your claims that it is inherently wrong. Where is the scientific article peer reviewed by Ph.D's in their field that recorded a study showing homosexuality is inherently wrong?

It seems you're not understanding what i'm saying, i mean that since you're kid is a toddler that's where you should start showing what's right and wrong(homosexuality being the wrong thing) and anorexia and/or alcoholism doesn't have nothing to do with parents.

What if I told you the chance of alcoholism is amplified if the mother drank while pregnant? Would you then figure out this line of reasoning is wrong?

i ment that if a little boy/girl sees a couple of men/women grabbing hands and kissing each other, the boy/girl will know that dating with a person from the same gender is possible, corrupting their mind.

And this is a bad thing how?
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

[Citation needed]

Pretty self explanatory, it's the typical case of spare the rod, spoil the child, if you let your child watch Adventure Time or some other fruity show like that instead of letting him/her watch let's say Dragon Ball Z there will be more chances of him/her being gay considering how kids look up to the protag of the series, it's obvious that it's up to the parents if your kid turns into a homo.

Ok, let's just assume this is correct. Why is that a bad thing?

Homosexuality injures the fabric of society, especially children.

A societal acceptance of same sex relationships gives vulnerable children the impression that same sex relationships are good, moral and healthy. Not only does the Bible condemn such behavior, but medical professionals have affirmed that these kinds of sexual relationships are unhealthy. A society that accepts immoral relationships cause children to stumble into immorality.

Homosexuality is anti procreation.

Logically speaking, if everyoneâs sexuality was expressed heterosexually, then humanity will survive and perpetuate our own kind for generations to come. But simply put, if everyoneâs sexuality was expressed homosexually, we would go extinct. Therefore homosexuality is counter productive to the survival of the human race.

Homosexuals have a higher incidence of infidelity.

Defining a Homosexual relationship as loving and monogamous ignores the reality of same sex relationships. Many say that the premise on which we should accept same sex unions is that some of them are âloving, monogamous relationships.â Same sex unions may be loving and monogamous from a worldly viewpoint, but if they had âreal godly loveâ they would not subject each other to unnatural sexual activity that leads each other into sin. When we lead others into sin, we are no longer walking in love. In regards to homosexual monogamy, homosexuals remain faithful to one partner about 25% of the time. This is a much lower fidelity rate, than their heterosexual counterparts, which is 80%. It is not unusual for homosexuals to have hundreds of sexual partners in a life time.

This would be a fine time to point out that I am a child raised by a single parent.

Homosexuality does not offer the stability of a traditional family.

Children need the stability of a traditional family. Children need a real male Father and a female Mother for proper and healthy development. Naturally speaking, there is the necessity of each of the male and female contributions to a childâs life. (It has already been proven that boys without fathers end up in jail and practice destructive behaviors a great deal more than those who have fathers.) The vast majority of the public knows instinctively that it would be better if both parents are present in a childâs life. Once concealed research shows that a child who is brought up in a homosexual home may be more likely to engage in homosexuality. But is it loving to expose children to the predominantly damaging lifestyle of homosexuality? If homosexuality can be learned, what does that say about the argument that people are born that way?

tl;dr: 2 homosexual parents don't offer the stabilty of a traditional family, homosexuality can stop procreation, homosexual relations are less healthy.
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

You're still claiming homosexuality is inherently wrong, yet have provided nothing to support your claims that it is inherently wrong. Where is the scientific article peer reviewed by Ph.D's in their field that recorded a study showing homosexuality is inherently wrong?

@Freakenstein read up^ figured i could kill two birds with one stone.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

but medical professionals have affirmed that these kinds of sexual relationships are unhealthy.

I'm pretty sure that there are all sorts of diseases resulting from heterosexual relationships too.

if everyoneâs sexuality was expressed heterosexually, then humanity will survive and perpetuate our own kind for generations to come. But simply put, if everyoneâs sexuality was expressed homosexually, we would go extinct.

Sex isn't required for baby-making anymore.

homosexuals remain faithful to one partner about 25% of the time. This is a much lower fidelity rate, than their heterosexual counterparts, which is 80%.

Source?

Once concealed research shows that a child who is brought up in a homosexual home may be more likely to engage in homosexuality.

Please cite the revealed research.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Pretty self explanatory, it's the typical case of spare the rod, spoil the child, if you let your child watch Adventure Time or some other fruity show like that instead of letting him/her watch let's say Dragon Ball Z there will be more chances of him/her being gay considering how kids look up to the protag of the series, it's obvious that it's up to the parents if your kid turns into a homo.

This is not a citation--this is coming from your own fingers.

Homosexuality injures the fabric of society, especially children.

Can I have that scientific article peer reviewed by Ph.D's in their field that concludes this is true?

A societal acceptance of same sex relationships gives vulnerable children the impression that same sex relationships are good, moral and healthy

They are. In fact, they are more stable, healthy, and moral than heterosexual relationships. Less domestic violence, better care of children (in fact they often to much better in education), less law breaking.

Not only does the Bible condemn such behavior

Jesus never said he condemned behavior (aka the final say in everything Bible-related), but John did. But even John created a foreword before these passages mentioning "as long as you are faithful to your lord and savior, you should have no trouble being accepted by Him".

So go ahead and give me a reference that Jesus himself condemns homosexuality. I'll then give you a reference that Jesus condemns trees if they don't bear fruit for him, condemns shellfish, condemns tattoos, condemns certain articles of clothing, condemns working on Passover, and condemns working on Sunday.

but medical professionals have affirmed that these kinds of sexual relationships are unhealthy

Can I have that scientific article peer reviewed by Ph.D's in their field that concludes this is true?

Homosexuality is anti procreation.

So?

Logically speaking, if everyoneâs sexuality was expressed heterosexually, then humanity will survive and perpetuate our own kind for generations to come. But simply put, if everyoneâs sexuality was expressed homosexually, we would go extinct. Therefore homosexuality is counter productive to the survival of the human race.

And Logically speaking, this phenomenon would never happen in the legacy of the human race. Yet Homosexuality is still productive to the survival of the human race. That is why Homosexuality is even a trait to begin with (yes, it is a genetic trait).

Homosexuality does not offer the stability of a traditional family.

Once concealed research shows that a child who is brought up in a homosexual home may be more likely to engage in homosexuality.

If homosexuality can be learned, what does that say about the argument that people are born that way?

Homosexuality can be "learned" but it's laughable to suggest heterosexual people will actually practice it. Nobodychooses to be homosexual. Why would anybody want to be in a world where homosexuality is intolerable with various degrees of force, including the death penalty and severe torture?
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

I'm pretty sure that there are all sorts of diseases resulting from heterosexual relationships too.

So noted.

Meh, don't believe me if you like, everyone's entitled to their own beliefs(whether i like it or not) and i doubt that i will ever change your mentality towards gays .

So?

Hope you're joking.

http://www.drtraycehansen.com/Pages/writings_prohomo.html

http://www.coolcontent.com/Fathers/

http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/view_press_release.php?rID=6509

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2004/feb/040223a.html

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52876

http://www.pridesource.com/rssarticle.shtml?article=35233

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/qa/qa22.htm
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Hope you're joking.

Do you also think that Celibates and Asexuals are wrong because they don't procreate? I hope you do, because otherwise, this would further support your hypocrisy.

I see several ".com" websites.These are terrible websites to present rational viewpoints, because they don't actually provide objective sources to their arguments. Where are the studies? Where is the science?

But let's look at that cdc.gov link. Dot Gov websites are good.

..... What part of this link am I supposed to be looking at? This redirected me to a lobby.
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

Do you also think that Celibates and Asexuals are wrong because they don't procreate? I hope you do, because otherwise, this would further support your hypocrisy.

Yep, i also think that that's wrong, i only care about the human race continuing and that's my only interest which is why i despise homosexuals.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Yep, i also think that that's wrong, i only care about the human race continuing and that's my only interest which is why i despise homosexuals.

Then you are actively against the peaceful religions with people that wish to be left alone.

But really though. We've established that the average homosexual relationships are more stable, friendly, and lawful than the average heterosexual relationships. We've established that the homosexual population contributes to society in the past, present, and likely the future.

So now the only thing you have left to knock on is "they don't procreate, so they're still wrong".

What if I told you that some do as surrogate fathers and mothers, just like some heterosexual couples do?
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

What if I told you that some do as surrogate fathers and mothers, just like some heterosexual couples do?

Hm, well said, but let me ask you a question; the gay parents inculcate their kids to be gay, what if their offspring doesn't do the same?
Showing 1081-1095 of 1146