ForumsThe TavernLeviathan

9 2115
TheMetalGrunt
TheMetalGrunt
113 posts
Nomad

I started a group called the Leviathan, which is a sea dragon commonly referred to in history as sea serpents. Go to my profile for a list of ranks and tell me if you want to join. The group was started yesterday and we have quite a few members. Basicly, the group offers conversation, help and a really nice story. For example, are you trying for a merit. Leave a comment on a group members page, or my page to vote you up and we will. Need to report someone? We'll report them to! Is someone picking on you and you need help? Ask a group member thats online for help. All the ranks are real creatures that exist now, are part of a religion, or are mentioned in the Bible. If your interested check out my profile for more information. Don't worry how many APs you have join now!

• 9 Replies
ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

"For example, are you trying for a merit. Leave a comment on a group members page, or my page to vote you up and we will."

Isn't that cheating? That's basically helping each other to get merits.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Um, you said you would;

For example, are you trying for a merit. Leave a comment on a group members page, or my page to vote you up and we will.

I think you should make sure it is a merit-worthy comment first, because you ouldn't want to vote up a non-merit-worthy comment a bunch of times, causing spam for the moderators(just some concern lol)
TheMetalGrunt
TheMetalGrunt
113 posts
Nomad

No, thats not cheating and I will explain why. Lets say someone writes a really great review for a game. I'm sad to say it but, some if not most players ignore the vote up button compeletly. Unfortunately, I do that too from time to time. Not on purpose though. I get wrapped up in my game sometimes and once I'm done, rate and comment on the game. The my system works is it's a way of drawing attention to the comments from our group members that deserve merits. If someone spams and asks the group members to vote up, were obviously not going to. After the attention has been drawn to the comment, the members looking at it would read it, review it in their head and vote up if he/she thought that it was deserving. So no, I do not consider it cheating at all.

TheMetalGrunt
TheMetalGrunt
113 posts
Nomad

Thats what I was saying raptor. I would have typed it in right after he said that but my response was sort of long.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

I'll think about it. It does sound that you are having a friend assist you in a merit. You should ask Merit Recognition account.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Teaming up like this for merits is indeed against the rules. Besides, everyone doing this is bound to have the opposite effect.

atomicsquid333
atomicsquid333
48 posts
Nomad

soo... umm... can i join?

TheMetalGrunt
TheMetalGrunt
113 posts
Nomad

Are these rules written somewhere were I can review them? I don't see anything wrong with what I'm doing. I explained myself again on moegreche's profile and hope to come to some understanding. Were just drawing attention to things that we believe are merit worthy. Please review comment I left on your profile and get back to me.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

So unless Metal Grunt changes his motive on the guild, this thread should be locked then.

Showing 1-9 of 9