ForumsWEPRPollution through Cows

12 3867
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Did you know that cows are responsible for 18% of greenhouse gases? The production of cattle to feed and clothe humans stresses ecosystems around the world, and is assessed to be one of the top three environmental problems in the world on a local to global scale. Cows release a large amount of methane. Most of it (about 95%) of it comes from the cows burping, not farting despite popular belief. Methane is a more potent greenhouse gas then carbon dioxide having about a warming effect from 23 to 50 times greater then carbon dioxide.

I heard something about scientist coming up for a solution for this, they call it "Test Tube burgers" it sounds a bit weird if you ask me, but anyway what they are researching is making meat, without the animal, it would be exactly like normal meat except without the slaughter and the methane. Heres a bit of a secondary question for you vegetarians out there also, if this actually worked, would you eat this meat? I mean no one actually killed an animal for it.

PS: sorry if this is posted already, I couldn't find it if it was.

• 12 Replies
Showing 16-15 of 12