ForumsSupport ForumThere are a few forum glitches, please don't make any new threads yet!

44 5257
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

As above. The glitches appear to be:

1) AP calculations going awry, giving totals that appear much lower than should be added up.
2) New threads cannot be viewed properly or created.

The site has recently been undergoing a fair bit of maintenance, so I guess we should sit tight and wait for the natural order of things to be restored!

• 44 Replies
CommanderBrenden
CommanderBrenden
709 posts
Nomad

My about just went ape again. I was only changing two numbers and now its like... RANDOM CRAP FROM 4 weeks ago...

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Also I found a way around the noname user comment glitch if anyone had it, just press "view all comments" and they show up.

Where do you still see this glitch? From what I've seen, it's pretty much disappeared altogether.
deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

Some peoples' friends list is screwy too. All have no names with Legacy armatar. At least *I* don't have this problem! ahahahahaha...ahhaha....haha...urrrf...*cries*

Don't worry, maybe the disaster will happen again and you will have the ledacy armatar. I have to admit, it was really cool while I had it.
CommanderBrenden
CommanderBrenden
709 posts
Nomad

Yea it was.. my about is screwy again idk how or why but everything backspaced when it isnt in CP.

deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

Forgot about the reason I was hear.

I was trying to edit my profile when it was fixed but everything got smashed together.
Problems not fixed yet.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

On a related note, at least Framl is behaving wonderfully.

But seriously people, what is the constant rehashing feedback going to do? The only things that are going to solve this are either more work from the staff or time to allow the site to refresh itself. Even if they aren't directly replying to this thread, they likely already know something backfired when the site maintenance went down. There are bugs we are having trouble with, we know, and there's nothing constant reminders/reports/complaining is going to do. I hear the flash games work though.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

On a related note, at least Framl is behaving wonderfully.

Either you're being sarcastic or Framl just got glitched (look at Framl's about unless you meant the note as sarcasm).

There are bugs we are having trouble with, we know, and there's nothing constant reminders/reports/complaining is going to do.

But you didn't lock the thread. Then again, it takes time to use a control such as locking a thread.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I have to admit, it was really cool while I had it.

That it would have been, if everyone else didn't also have it at the same time.

It was as though everyone had no armatar at all. In fact...

I hear the flash games work though.

What flash games? This is a forum, silly.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Because if you lock the main thread, it'll sink like a pig in quicksand, and more people will just post dups.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

There is now an explanation for the glitch here.

matthew313131
matthew313131
114 posts
Nomad

need my AP back

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Where do you still see this glitch? From what I've seen, it's pretty much disappeared altogether.

Right after I posted that the glitch went away at least for me. Now I feel so stupid. XD
dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

hmmm...I have lost like 300 points, but didnt got them back...

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

hmmm...I have lost like 300 points, but didnt got them back...

After some quick calculations, your post count/game rates/comments add up roughly to the amount displayed. So I'm afraid your problem is not caused by the glitch, which merely added the numbers up, but because of the more conventional reason of people deleting your comments/posts, etc.
Showing 31-44 of 44