Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Scmiddy1234's Poetry Corner

Thread Locked

Posted May 16, '12 at 2:42pm

Jazmoon

Jazmoon

218 posts

What ever you say XD i just work on the poem and being creative i don't really like being restricted to much just leave it if you want its not a big deal.

Posted May 16, '12 at 4:42pm

murasaki9

murasaki9

1,342 posts

What ever you say XD i just work on the poem and being creative i don't really like being restricted to much just leave it if you want its not a big deal.

Post elsewhere if you don't want to be restricted in your creativity. That is all I can tell you.

Posted May 19, '12 at 4:46pm

ExitPath97

ExitPath97

40 posts

The Rainbowfish

There once was a Rainbowfish
                  whose tail liked to swish
                   she slept in some mold
                  and got caught and sold
            so she couldn't swish her tail in her dish.

Posted May 20, '12 at 3:11pm

Cpt0bviousV2

Cpt0bviousV2

17 posts

@ExitPath97

nice poem ^^

Posted May 23, '12 at 7:50pm

murasaki9

murasaki9

1,342 posts

Hey, have we given up here!?? People!??
Is this a dying idea?

Posted May 25, '12 at 4:09pm

Roccess

Roccess

176 posts

It could be. Unfortuneately, this isn't too poular. It may be because Schmiddy is a faily new member, compared to some, so some may not understand how awesome it is :3 OThers, however, would like a place to post poems, not be judged.

Posted May 25, '12 at 4:57pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Is this a dying idea?

Why would you write in all bold? Why? I can't see a reason...

Also, you might consider that there are already two poetry contests going with a merit prize, so with that and some restrictions people might like as to the type of poetry they are allowed to submit, they might not be interested.
Or the theme might not be to their interest either. After all, all contests see some ups and downs.

Or perhaps it's all your bold writing...

Posted May 25, '12 at 5:27pm

daleks

daleks

3,198 posts

Why would you write in all bold? Why?

Tell us how you really feel Cen.

Is this a dying idea?

Probably like Cen said. There are two other poetry contests where you get a merit if you win. Also it might have to do with the time of year where people are focusing on school for finals and stuff.

Posted May 27, '12 at 5:49pm

murasaki9

murasaki9

1,342 posts

Why would you write in all bold? Why? I can't see a reason...

Uh, why? Maybe because I want to get people's attention? I'm a judge on this contest, I want to distinguish myself from the others, that's all. Gah.

He,he, that's just mean-spirited, Cen.

Posted May 29, '12 at 10:21am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

It's not mean-spirited, then I would have insulted you.
I just really don't like people using all code in their posts for no reason. And no, being the judge is not a reason to yell at my face (which is what I read all bold posts as).
It's annoying, it's semi-against the rules and it's really, really annoying. It's also annoying.

That said, people most likely know you are the judge, so you don't have to distinguish yourself. Besides, if you think every post of yours is important enough to bold, and others don't, they will start fazing it out, and then you stop being distinguished at all.

Anyway, seeing these were the only replies since your call to arms, I would suggest judging, then changing the theme (and the poetry form, perhaps) and see if that helps out. If not, it might not be the time for a contest like this, and it would be worth it to have it lay low for a while.